Describe your dream milestone birthday at WDW

Wosmama6

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving for our first family trip to WDW the day before my 30th birthday. It's my 2yo DS's first trip to Disney and my first trip in 10 years.
Right now we are planning to use EMH in MK, leave around 1230, nap at AoA and then we have a reservation at Boma, which we'll just take a cab to for convenience. DS won't make it to any fireworks. Trust me, it wouldn't be worth the pain.
We have the QS dining plan and I've done the math and it doesn't make sense to upgrade the plan, but I do want to do a TS dinner that night.
Questions:
a) What special in-park experiences would you splurge on for a milestone birthday?
b) Which restaurant would you choose? Are there ones with really cool experiences that would make a birthday extra memorable? It doesn't even have to be a Disney restaurant, but does need to be kid friendly. We have ADRs at BOG, CP and Tusker, so we're already doing those.

Thanks!

Other than tours, I am not really sure about any in-park experiences I would splurge on and, with a 2-year old, I don't think a tour would be worth it. I would just buy myself a crystal tiara and get a birthday button! If someone is willing to watch your 2-year old or if you want to hire a sitter service, you could do a spa treatment?

Have you considered one of the dinner shows? Hoop De Doo Revue is quite fun and they do recognize people who are celebrating special occasions. We went when DS was 3 and made a whole evening of it with the boat ride from MK, a pony ride at the stables next door and the playground - it was really fun! You could also do Spirit of Aloha if a Hawaiian atmosphere is more up your alley - again, quite fun, good food and something special.

There are a lot of good restaurants in WDW and all, except V&A, IMHO, are kid friendly. O'hana is a lot of fun with limbo and coconut races for the kids. They also recognize birthdays during the meal. If you want a signature meal, we really love Artist Point!

we will be there at the end of the month to celebrate dh's 60th birthday. I turned 60 in May and retired in June so it really is a big celebration this year. His birthday is Halloween. We are got to the Halloween party on Thursday night. For his birthday I scheduled breakfast at BOG for 8:15 so we can walk into the park before it opens. We will be having dinner at Via Napoli since he loves pizza. We arrive on Sunday morning and our friends are coming on Wed night for the rest of the weekend.

I turned 30 at Disney World after a 15 year break between trips. It was magical all on it's own. Cinderella saw my birthday button from her parade float and leaned over to wish me a Happy Birthday with a perfect princess wave. I swear it was like I was 7 years old again! :) Perfect place to celebrate a milestone birthday by feeling like a kid again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter