• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Descriptions of kid's club activities

VeronicaZS

DIS Veteran
I see all the activities listed on the various navigators but I would love a short 1-2 sentence description of each activity to see if it is truly something my kids would be interested and if we should make the effort to work it into our schedule. I have searched all of the Disney website and haven't found what I am looking for and googling hasn't pointed me to any blogs with this kind of information. Anyone know where I can find this?

Alternatively, this would make for a fun sticky on this thread that member could contribute to Wikipedia style!!!

I haven't ever seen a list like that. Have you tried searching on the names of specific activities your kids might be interested in? There's a good chance someone has mentioned them on this forum.

First, I also haven't seen the list though as Maggie's Mom described, many have been discussed. But also, if you look on the app, sometimes there will be a bit more of a description (plus the Day 1 navigator you get at embarkation will have longer descriptions of some of the more noteworthy activities). Actually if you look at the Day 1 navigators for most cruises there will be some descriptions.

But my biggest tip is that if you are sending your kids for a specific activity, make sure your kids know to listen for the announcement, and maybe even make an effort to mention it at dropoff if you have younger kids. My kids missed several activities b/c they were in different areas and playing different ipads and such - I finally learned to drop them off right before an activity if that was what they wanted to go for.

You can always ask the kids' program cast members about specific activities when you drop kids off, or even just stop by while walking past the clubs to ask about future activities that sound interesting.

While i agree with previous posters that there are ways to try to hunt down this information, especially once on board, it would definitely be cool to have a listing here of past and current activities offered in the kids clubs. As a first time cruiser, I would have loved some insider tips on what programs would seem to be more or less suited to my kids' interests.... and the names of the activities don't always make it obvious what the kids will be doing. We stumbled into Mickey's Puzzle Playtime on our first or second cruise and never would have guessed that it doesn't really involve puzzles and several of the Fab 5 participate. I thought it was going to have jigsaw puzzles! And don't even get me started on GAGA ball....:yay:

I would like this info too. I've looked at Navigators, etc but they don't tell me much. I'm a little worried since my kid is going to be at the older end of 'Edge' that the activities will be too young.

And don't even get me started on GAGA ball....:yay:

GAGA ball is an actual activity though, I didn't know this either but my kids told me they have played it before, and when we went camping this weekend, the campground actually had a GAGA ball pit!

I think one reason I haven't really stressed about the descriptions too much is because the clubs are so much of a free-for-all that even when activities are going on, it's not like other cruise lines where they will actively try to engage your child in that activity.

I do have to admit that there are some pretty strange sounding activities. ie. Fourth Pigs Pasta Palace. The app does list descriptions of activities; and if you have any specific activities that you are curious about someone on the Dis probably knowns.

For Edge/Vibe activities, the tweens and teens have a large input in activities. There might be an activity scheduled that nobody wants to do, or there might be an impromptu craft or video game competition.

Last edited:
Fourth Pigs Pasta Palace
This was one of my daughter's first things she ever did in Edge and one of her favorites. They worked in teams using a variety of materials (including lasagna noodles) to build the 4th pig's pasta palace (adding on to the 3 little pigs story). Once done building, the counselor checks to see how well each would hold up to different circumstances. (In the end they are all destroyed). When my daughter did it, I got to watch all of them be destroyed by whatever forces. The kids were all really into it and had a blast.

With all due respect waiting to read the descriptions on the app once I get on the ship feels like waiting until you get to the park to figure out fast passes. I have been trained how to do Disney and pre-planning is a must!

With all due respect waiting to read the descriptions on the app once I get on the ship feels like waiting until you get to the park to figure out fast passes. I have been trained how to do Disney and pre-planning is a must!
Cruising is vastly different from touring the parks. I remember for my first cruise having the compulsion to try to plan everything ahead of time, but i quickly realized that wasn't necessary or practical. Outside of booking times for a select few things like the princess gathering and Frozen meet and greets, and adult dining and tastings, no ship activities need prior plannning. You can look at the Navigator in the evening to plan the next day, or look at it during the day to pick where you want to go next. It's a much more relaxed vacation.

I would also add that there is no guarantee that certain activities will take place at the same time from cruise to cruise. Just because Storytime with Belle happened at 3:00 on the first sea day last month doesn't mean it will happen then on your cruise. It's best to use the navigators as a way to explore the options available on the ship instead of as a predictor of the exact schedule you'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter