• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

jwrentzel

Earning My Ears
I know this isn't technically a restaurant, but not sure where else to post this. We are going down in August, love the magic kingdom fireworks, hate standing in the hub for 2 hours to have a decent spot. We are going to get the tomorrowland terrace desert party package. We will have a party of 7, (4 adults, a 6 year old, and 2 littles), so I know we wont be able to be seated up front at the rail. My question is when seated back farther does the roof cause a viewing obstruction or do still have a clear view of both the castle and fireworks?

We did it once. You can walk up to the rail but if I remember correctly, all tables are at the rail? Cant remember. Either way, imo it's a total waste of money. We have stayed at Contemporary with theme park view and watched them from there and it's a perfect view. So when staying at YC we booked California Grill at 8:00 and only ordered a sushi roll each then dessert and a whole lot of beer :) Price was less than the dessert party and we were able to go out to the observation deck and have perfect firework views with the music.

We did the plaza garden view dessert party in July 2018, 4 adults, 3 kids, youngest was 5, was well worth the money IMO to not have to stand and fight for a spot. Easy viewing, sorry, can't help about the seated dessert party.

Do you have your heart set on the terrace seating party for any particular reason? We personally feel the plaza garden view party is much better. You have the same desserts in the same area with the terrace party goers but then for the fireworks you get a reserved space in the hub that has a lot of space and no worries of obstructed views.

Last edited:
Josh from EasyWDW posted a review of the party last night. He does mention a possible obstruction of view by the roof depending on where you're sitting. I'm not sure why your party couldn't sit by the rail though? His review mentions the seats are first come first served, so the earlier you check in the better your seats will be.

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...ert-party-terrace-seating-with-beer-and-wine/

I was just about to point that article out as I read it yesterday as well and remembered the ceiling part. I think that fully answers the OP's question.

I'm not sure why your party couldn't sit by the rail though?

I don't know that I wouldn't be able to sit by the rail. Just that all the picture and one review I saw look like it is all smaller tables along the railing with the larger tables in the back.

We did the dessert party on NYE. Just 3 of us. I noticed that the table right up against the rail are tables for 2. Right next to them going inward are tables that can sit 4. There was a large group of 10 or more and they were further in the back, closest to the drink/coffee station. I would imagine there were be an obstruction seeing everything. Seating is first come, first serve. People start lining up early. We got there more than an hour ahead of time and we were in the back end of the line. We got seated right up front, one table from the rail. I did not that the people who were seated farther back moved up with their chairs when the show started. They blocked my daughter's view until we moved our chairs. I didn't appreciate that.

We got there more than an hour ahead of time and we were in the back end of the line.
:confused3 Wouldn't that always be the case? When someone gets in a line after others, wouldn't that always put them at the back end of the line? At least until later arrivals joined the line behind that person?

Odds are, if the OP were able, willing, or wanting to stay at the Contemporary in a TPV room, they would have booked that and not asked about the visibility from the dessert party. Ditto if they were interested in dining at California Grill with three really young children.

I answered the question about seats not at the rail and the ability to walk up to the rail. I then just shared my personal experiences as this is a forum where people do just that. I really wish you would stop following me and stop going on my post and replies just so you can go against what I say. Do you have some sort of obsession with me? I have you on ignore but hit the show ignored content when I seen you put a frown face on my reply. You are the single reason why I have strongly considered leaving this forum.

I know this isn't technically a restaurant, but not sure where else to post this. We are going down in August, love the magic kingdom fireworks, hate standing in the hub for 2 hours to have a decent spot. We are going to get the tomorrowland terrace desert party package. We will have a party of 7, (4 adults, a 6 year old, and 2 littles), so I know we wont be able to be seated up front at the rail. My question is when seated back farther does the roof cause a viewing obstruction or do still have a clear view of both the castle and fireworks?

I would recommend the after fireworks dessert party. We prefer the view from the garden area over the terrace, you aren't stuffed from the desserts, and while everyone is is fudgepacked in trying to leave the park you get to go enjoy some desserts and take your time enjoy your food. Being stuffed before the show makes it less enjoyable. When you do leave the park-it's less crowded and you can get some awesome photos.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...owland-terrace-after-fireworks-dessert-party/
and here you can get an idea of terrace seating vs. garden:

I don’t have experience of viewing from the terrace, but we really enjoyed the garden view dessert party-we were at the very back by the railing and the view was perfect. My concern was having people crowding around our table even if we were seated at the front. Anywhere you sit in the garden area is a great view.

7176DF97-A98E-4C9F-B965-C39CFEEBA581.jpeg
This was our view

We enjoyed the Tommorowland Terrace dessert party. I like being seated during the fireworks. Another aspect to consider is if any of the adults have a mobility issue. My husband uses an ECV and cannot walk far or stand for long periods of time (like a few minutes). We don't seem to have good experiences when we are in an area reserved for a group. If we get there early and stand back by a railing, and then the area gradually gets more crowded, it's easy for people not in an ECV to move their position so their view is not blocked by the people in front of them. Not so with an ECV. So we prefer the dessert parties with tables.

We did the plaza garden view party with our kids and really enjoyed it. You have better views being directly in front of the castle and it’s less expensive. You do have to worry about weather, however, since you won’t be covered. It also requires standing during the fireworks but we were okay with that.

We were pleased that it allowed our daughters space to run around before and after the fireworks. We hung back after the fireworks were over since the crowds to leave were massive. It was nice to have an area that was open for my kids to run around.

I would consider booking the Plaza Garden party. It will eat up much less of your time and you will get a better view (of course, without seats during the actual show). We did the Terrace Party during MNSSHP the last year they presented Hallowishes and it was lovely (we were a party of 2 and right by the railing), but that show was much, much less projection heavy than HEA. If you want a great view of the projections, the Plaza Garden view offers that. The other thing I like about that party is you don't have to line up an hour beforehand to get a good table on the terrace. We always show up late (15 - 20 minutes) for the Plaza Party to let the crowds die down in the line and at the buffet. Since we aren't viewing the fireworks from the buffet area, it doesn't matter where we sit. We then head over to the garden about 20 minutes prior to the show. It means a better view and more time in the park prior to the fireworks show - it's also cheaper!

Review here:
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...ert-party-terrace-seating-with-beer-and-wine/

Last year our fireworks viewing in Magic Kingdom was unpleasant with so many people crowding around.I think the castle projections affect the viewing areas.It was one of my most disappointing Disney experiences.This year we are going to the Dessert Party and looking forward to enjoying the fireworks as we should enjoy it.

Last year our fireworks viewing in Magic Kingdom was unpleasant with so many people crowding around.I think the castle projections affect the viewing areas.It was one of my most disappointing Disney experiences.This year we are going to the Dessert Party and looking forward to enjoying the fireworks as we should enjoy it.
I’m debating about doing a dessert party too for this reason. I also don’t like sitting there super early to get a good spot. But it is a pretty big price tag

We've done both and prefer the Plaza Garden experience. It's a must do on each trip:) It's so nice to have unobstructed views AND not having to worry about lining up early. We definitely don't eat a ton of desserts, but the cost is worth it to us to spend some nice leisurely laid-back time with the family and remove the anxiety of fighting the crowds---And now I hear alcohol might be included....so there's that:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter