Designated Survivor

Not the President. Or if he was shot, it's a flesh wound. This is Sutherland's show...he ain't dead. If I were guessing, it's the Veep...they need to ditch him now and move on to figuring out the rest of the plot...the Veep isn't running this plot to take out the Capitol. There are some other nefarious characters behind him that we don't know about yet...and they can spend a LONG time on that. But, Veep has about outlived his usefulness. LOL.
I agree it's not the President. It's also not one of the two aides (there is a reaction shot of them). I think it could be the VP. My guess is some minor character (the VPs wife, the priest, maybe the speaker?)

I agree it's not the President. It's also not one of the two aides (there is a reaction shot of them). I think it could be the VP. My guess is some minor character (the VPs wife, the priest, maybe the speaker?)

If this was "24" I'd say it probably was the president. But it isn't, so I'd say there's very little chance of that. I'm leaning toward the VP or the wife.

I didn't know we had to wait until March until I read this thread. Bummer. I *hope* it comes back!

I think it's Kimble who gets shot.

Yeah, not the President. Not only is it a show about him, it's Kiefer and he's also one of the executive producers. My first thought was the First Lady. But the VP is a good one too.

I'll probably change my mind about 1000 times before we find out!

I was thinking of this thread too last night as I watched. I can't believe we have to wait until March.

March, yikes!!

Any guess who was shot?

I think it will be the V-P wife

I'm also voting for the VP's wife. Without her, I think he will crack, and it will open up a lot more of that storyline. (Plus, I just don't like her!)

I hope it's not the First Lady, but I wouldn't put it past them to do that to us.

My guess is the First Lady. There's something about her that I don't like - to me, it seems like she's trying to keep her old life and not trying to become being First Lady.

I think it's the President's wife because, while her being a lawyer concerned w/ immigrants' rights does add to the storyline, I think her death would add MORE to the story going forward. Plus, there would be the opportunity to write a new "love story" for the President.

However, his wife dying might be too much like 24.

Why oh why didn't Agent Wells simply stop running once she knew she had attracted attention and point up at that window?

Why oh why didn't Agent Wells simply stop running once she knew she had attracted attention and point up at that window?
Why not have her coworker alert the FBI or Secret Service that there's an assassination attempt?
Why not have her call the Speaker (who she apparently has a relationship with) and alert her?
Why not call DC police?

Why not have her coworker alert the FBI or Secret Service that there's an assassination attempt?
Why not have her call the Speaker (who she apparently has a relationship with) and alert her?
Why not call DC police?

Well she knows her boss is in jail because he was set up. She has no idea who all is in on it and who can be trusted. At least knowing that the authorities were after her, had spotted her and were attempting to capture her she could alert them to the window so it would be clear she isn't part of it even if it's impossible to stop it.

My guess is the First Lady. There's something about her that I don't like - to me, it seems like she's trying to keep her old life and not trying to become being First Lady.

That's very unrealistic, isn't it.

I'm guessing it's the FLOTUS. I consider her role to be fairly minor in the show, not a ton of screen time. She's not doing a lot to advance the plot. And also, as far as story line goes, Kirkman is struggling to keep a grip on his Presidency and convincing Americans he's the right person for the job. If he loses his wife in an assassination attempt, suddenly people will be sympathetic to him.

Based on the cast listed on IMDB, I am thinking it will be the VP wife. Her last episode is listed as 1.10 and she is on another show. Guess we will see in March!

Well, sometimes IMDB is wrong. And sometimes people do two shows at the same time. (David Ramsey for instance - he was on Arrow and Blue Bloods at the same time)

But since I think it's the First Lady, I'm going with this was a good clue.

Why oh why didn't a single agent notice a building in the direct line of the President with one single window open?

Why oh why didn't a single agent notice a building in the direct line of the President with one single window open?

I thought I saw them checking that building before the event, so maybe it was marked as cleared? (But I agree - one window, I'd check again!)

I thought I saw them checking that building before the event, so maybe it was marked as cleared? (But I agree - one window, I'd check again!)
They showed an agent walking through the hallway, calling into the radio the floor was "clear". Directly behind that agent, the sniper entered the floor and the room.

I agree the counter snipers (who should have been on various rooftops looking with binoculars at other locations) should have noticed a single window opening all of a sudden.

At the same time, we don't know how deep this treason goes. 1) Someone leaked the plans to blow up the Capital 2) The sniper who took the shot was a secret service agent (had the pin and the radio earpiece).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter