• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Desired Beach Club DVC Villas Location

Gr8scott

Mouseketeer
I’ve done a bit of searching but haven’t found much on the topic and although I know the Beach Club DVC doesn’t have different room categories, I’m curious what your desired locations in the villas might be. Conversely what room locations would you prefer to avoid. Reasons for your preferences would be greatly appreciated as well. Many thanks in advance.

I've stayed by both elevators - once on the 4th floor and there was noise and once by the other elevator in an accessible room and it was so quiet I would forget where the elevator was when leaving the room.

I also stayed at BWV near an elevator with a faulty part which caused a lot of noise. On complaining my room got a lot of intention including an offer to move. They were able to get the part replaced fairly quickly and I stayed in the room as I was not much interested in moving. Sometimes staff doesn't know there's an issue if not alerted. Noise would only occur when the elevator was used, so went undetected until I spent a lot of time in the room as I'm not a huge park person - 2-3 hours a day at most.

I was 2 rooms away from the elevator (still it was in a separate "lobby" or vestibule area) and we heard nothing. This was 4th floor.

I was in 516 next to elevator a few weeks ago. I could hear it switch on, it was just a brief soft noise. We were there for 6 nights, and I would hear it but it never bothered me. (I even was asking myself, why isn't that annoying me? lol). If I heard a dinging THAT would bug me, but the soft whrrr was acceptable haha.

We were in 269 and the view was lousy a mucky looking canal and a road and a bit of a hike to counter service and pool. We have stayed here a lot and this was definitely my least favorite room assignment ever. And definitely not any thing close to what we requested. BCV doesn’t have the greatest views overall we made out much better on the second leg of our trip at Poly

I was in 516 next to elevator a few weeks ago. I could hear it switch on, it was just a brief soft noise. We were there for 6 nights, and I would hear it but it never bothered me. (I even was asking myself, why isn't that annoying me? lol). If I heard a dinging THAT would bug me, but the soft whrrr was acceptable haha.
That's kind of a unique studio location. You've got your own little "patio" area outside your room. For some people it's just a soft whrring, but some may be more bothered. I was solo and the noise didn't bother me, but DH is a light sleeper and it probably would have really bothered him.

What would be the general request for a studio room closest (in walking distance) to the Epcot IG?

What would be the general request for a studio room closest (in walking distance) to the Epcot IG?
We always request:

Pool view
East end - near main building
low floor.

We haven't often received our requests at BCV.

The worst area, IMO, is the hallway that runs mainly N/S midway through the building and overlooks the roadway between the resort and Epcot OR anything beyond the central elevator toward the parking lot.

We always request:

Pool view
low floor.

The worst area, IMO, is the hallway that runs mainly N/S midway through the building and overlooks the roadway between the resort and Epcot OR anything beyond the central elevator toward the parking lot.
Thank you!

…and sorry to hijack this thread!

Sorry - I am hijacking too - same question for a 1BR?

I usually ask for high floor at most DVCs but since it doesn't seem like there are many "views" to speak of, and my kids really like SAB, should "east end - near main building" be our first request, and does pool view matter? I would prefer not to end up in the rooms that overlook the canal and near the parking lot, as @Tess has identified (and we've been near that area the last time we stayed)

(does asking for low floor get you ground floor, which would also be fine?)

I usually ask for high floor at most DVCs but since it doesn't seem like there are many "views" to speak of, and my kids really like SAB, should "east end - near main building" be our first request, and does pool view matter? I would prefer not to end up in the rooms that overlook the canal and near the parking lot, as @Tess has identified (and we've been near that area the last time we stayed)

If you wish to be closer to the main building, hence SAB, then yes, "east end - near main building" would be a good descriptor. With regard to the floor request--we always ask for a low floor and get it about 50/50 (either 1st of 2nd). Sometimes we get nothing close to our request--crap shoot at BCV.

Some of the issues that have come up:

Proximity to elevators can be noisy
Proximity to service road can be noisy
Proximity to pool can be noisy
Farthest rooms from the entrance are a long way to go - unless you have a car parked in the lot that you will be using
Some of the balconies are large, and some are quite small
BCV doesn't really have the kind of views people fight over. You can overlook the courtyard between BC and BCV, the BCV pool, the canal/service road or the trees between Epcot and BCV. Spaceship Earth is visible from some of the tree rooms

516 is my favorite room!

We always request:

Pool view
low floor.

After studying the map and discussing with a few others we’ve decided to request this location. Many thanks and fingers crossed.

We stayed in room 536 a few weeks ago and loved it. We didn't have one of the "large" balconies, but everything else was awesome.
1652102885571.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter