• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Desktop Version Glitches

DonMacGregor

Sub Leader
Has anyone else noticed that the desktop version of the forums keeps going down and reverting to the message that the forums are down due to the move? The mobile version seems to be up and working uninterrupted, but I’ve got the “forums down” message intermittently on two different laptops throughout the day.

I have not had any problems since 7am Monday morning -- I mainly use a laptop but also occasionally use a phone or tablet.

Has anyone else noticed that the desktop version of the forums keeps going down and reverting to the message that the forums are down due to the move? The mobile version seems to be up and working uninterrupted, but I’ve got the “forums down” message intermittently on two different laptops throughout the day.
Yes! I am experiencing that exact issue right now on my Chromebook, using the Chrome browser. Refreshing does not help.

I’m currently posting using my iPhone on the Safari browser.

Edit: Refreshing and also trying to open the Dis in a new tab did not work. Opening the Dis in a new window on my Chromebook did work.

I have the reverse. Works on desktop, 'Android phone says down, moving to new servers.

1656074655432.png

Yes. Won’t load in Chrome or Edge on desktop at work. Chrome on my MacBook at home won’t load either.

Yes. Started this morning. C!eating cache didn't work. Came back a couple of hours later and it seems to be OK now. Figured someone noticed and fixed.

Yes. Started this morning. C!eating cache didn't work. Came back a couple of hours later and it seems to be OK now. Figured someone noticed and fixed.
Nope, it's been doing that all week. It's affecting Chrome as well as Safari (desktop and mobile). It comes and goes and seems a bit random. I've had it happen on my iPhone as well as my desktop (Chrome) and tablet (also Chrome). Sometimes all at once, sometimes separately. Seems to be getting worse and more widespread.

I've tried clearing the cache in Chrome and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes coming back a few hours later seems to clear things up.

I've also noticed that many people have signature images showing up as XXX now as well (including yours).

Last edited:
I've also noticed that many people have signature images showing up as XXX now as well (including yours).
Yes, ever since the move to Xenfro servers. I just figured that's because the pictures are on the old servers & there's no connection. My issue just started this morning, and has been OK since I came back a few hours later.

Happened again to me this morning.

URL goes to old server. Doesn't matter if I use desktop, tablet or Android phone. Using Chrome or Silk (Amazon Kindle browser). Didn't try Edge or Firefox. Back now. Nor sure for how long.

Happened again to me this morning.

URL goes to old server. Doesn't matter if I use desktop, tablet or Android phone. Using Chrome or Silk (Amazon Kindle browser). Didn't try Edge or Firefox. Back now. Nor sure for how long.
Would be super cool if someone (not you, but an admin or a tech mod possibly) actually monitored the technical forum and responded. There are several other threads started last week regarding technical glitches.

Now, all of the signature images are disappearing and you can't re-upload them either.

Would be super cool if someone (not you, but an admin or a tech mod possibly) actually monitored the technical forum and responded. There are several other threads started last week regarding technical glitches.

Now, all of the signature images are disappearing and you can't re-upload them either.
I only have admin access to Rent/Trade Boards, but I think Tech Webmasters are monitoring the issues. Just guessing, but it looks like when boards go down, link defaults to old servers. Maybe that's how they want it right now, but if so, wish link could default to some type of "out of -service" message, instead.

I think the image issues are related to where they are stored. Seems reasonable that they'd rather not do a "dip" into the old servers to get the images. We may need to redo them, but I will wait for more guidance on that. I really don't think those are all that important and may just block them to make scrolling faster. YMMV.

I only have admin access to Rent/Trade Boards, but I think Tech Webmasters are monitoring the issues. Just guessing, but it looks like when boards go down, link defaults to old servers. Maybe that's how they want it right now, but if so, wish link could default to some type of "out of -service" message, instead.

I think the image issues are related to where they are stored. Seems reasonable that they'd rather not do a "dip" into the old servers to get the images. We may need to redo them, but I will wait for more guidance on that. I really don't think those are all that important and may just block them to make scrolling faster. YMMV.
Already tried reloading them using the new link that @NeutralNovice created:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-signature-banners-for-the-community.3871331/post-64111353

Also, if the link defaults when the boards go down, that means they're going down numerous times per day, which can't be the case because it seems like it happens randomly, and not to all members. Hopefully someone is looking into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter