Desnik and family Day 3: MGM

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
Alittle background info: My dh cannot go on alot of rides because he has a problem with being in the dark with no visable way out. He does't like to be on an indoor ride that holds you down to your seat. Example: on a trip in '97 he unknowingly went on alien encounter with me and he flipped out. No problem with coasters except RRC and SpaceMnt. So, you will notice reading my reports that it's just me and my dd on some attractions. Mon. Nov.13 Up early take the bus from CSR to MGM the bus took about 10min. and wasn't crowded. We arrived at the gates for the opening! Hey wait a min. isn't it 10:00? Hello!!? Maybe we were still sleeping but no it wasn't 10:00, it was 9:00! Anyway this worked out o.k. It really wasn't crowded. We headed first to the great movie ride, and then strolled leisurly to the muppets. Our dd was fine in both rides just alittle shocked at the things "flying" in her face during the muppets, but she loved it. Oh dh and I aren't big breakfast eaters so we skipped it and our dd ate a pop tart and had a juice box on the way into the park. We then walked around took some pictures and at around 11:15, we went to our 11:30 p.s. at 50's PTC. We only waited 5min. and were seated. They did the usual thing when they seat you and introduce you to your "cousins". We love this place. The food and atmosphere are so great! I had the fried chicken with mashed potatos and corn on the cobb,dh had the pot roast with the same side dishes as me and dd ate off of both our plates. Our server was wonderful and fun and brought toys to the table for dd to place with. He also came over and was singing songs to her. No dessert, we were stuffed. DD had Icecream. After that we headed to see the beauty and the beast show. This was the first time we saw it and we loved it. DD was so good waiting patiently for it to start, and was so excited to see Belle. This was a great show but I wouldn't see the need to see it over and over. Maybe we'll see it on every other trip. After the show dd was getting tired so I wanted to walk around with her in the stoller to get her to take a nap. We did this for a while and nothin! So dh wanted to go shopping, yes I said shopping he can actually out shop me. While he shopped, I sat on a bench and waited hopeing dd would fall asleep, but she just sat there people watching with her mommy! I then realized hey, this is a great spot to see the 3:00 parade, but it was only 1:30!! Nothing could've gotten me up from this perfect spot. So I stayed even with the lady sitting next to me smoking in my face, even when the lady and her daughter were practically sitting on my lap and even when a women practically laid across the bench saving a seat for her husband, I stood my ground!!! Hey is this a vacation?? Luckily they all left and I put a bag next to me to save a seat for my dh. We took turns going in the stores and had a GOH badge made for our dd while we waited for the parade. Actors came by and were doing a funny skit and got my dh involved. It was so funny and helped the time go by. We finally saw the parade and it was great. We then went and saw Bear in the big blue house. DD loved this and got up and danced along, it was wonderful!(never took a nap) We then had burgers and fries for dinner that were just o.k. not far from TOT. We then stopped at the DVC desk and made an appointment for a tour the following morning. Then we saw the little mermaid attraction and by this time it was 6:00 so we headed for Fantasmic! Ofcourse dd fell asleep 5min. before and slept through the pre show. Which by the way I could't see because I lost my glasses before we left so dh just filled me in. We didn't have bad seats and I don't think any seats are really bad. We were almost all the way to the left in I think was the Jafar section. DD woke up in time to see the show and we all liked it. We left just before the end to get a head start out of there and this worked great! Headed to the CSR bus and was at the resort in about 20min. Funny and strange things we saw: Woman laid across a bench sleeping, no offence but she looked like a bum in central park!!! Then there were the 12 yr.old kids in strollers with their feet(bare) dangling out And I wouldn't want to forget the women (actually a couple of women) wearing heals, or platform shoes and sandles bearly able to walk. Too funny, where do they think they are going? Don't they care about their feet?!! Alittle side note: When my parents went to WDW in May my mom insisted on packing heals and very impractical sandles. She is the type of woman who is always dressed up and never wears sneakers, ever( when we were younger she would wear high heals to my dads baseball games!!)Anyway, I convinced her to take a pair of sneakers along, she swore she would never use them, but it took 2hrs. at MK to change her mind and thats all she wore!! Tune in next time for Ak and our DVC tour with our tour guide from h***!!! And lunch at RF at AK ;)

Enjoying your trip reports! We will be traveling soon with a 3 & 4 year old. Good to know that your DD liked Fantasmic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter