• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dessert options for non dessert eaters

stitchfan18

DIS Veteran
DH is not a big dessert eater. He'll eat dessert at disney when we're on the DDP if something appeals to him, but has been known to not order anything in the past if nothing seems good to him. At home he's ordered soup when everyone else has ordered dessert, but I know he can't do that on the DDP, so I want to know what other options there might be. I've heard a lot of restaurants will at least offer ice cream. What about dessert coffees without the alcohol? Any other options?

DH is not a big dessert eater. He'll eat dessert at disney when we're on the DDP if something appeals to him, but has been known to not order anything in the past if nothing seems good to him. At home he's ordered soup when everyone else has ordered dessert, but I know he can't do that on the DDP, so I want to know what other options there might be. I've heard a lot of restaurants will at least offer ice cream. What about dessert coffees without the alcohol? Any other options?

You're right, they will not sub appetizers like soup for dessert.

But some places will allow milk shakes as dessert...and yes, seems like all of them have either ice cream or sorbet as one of the options...even if it's not officially listed as a dessert it's the standard kids meal dessert at a lot of TS places so you know they do have ice cream. My DH ordered ice cream many times as his dessert. Some places may have fresh fruit- can't hurt to ask anyway. You could ask about the dessert coffee - they may allow it.

I know for a fact Mama Melrose offers a big yummy cup of cappucino as a dessert option.

I would ask about fresh fruit, and ice cream too!

Take a look at the kids' dessert menus where you will dine, as well. Often there are some lighter, smaller options there. At Kona, for instance, I've had them serve me the fruit from the kids' menu for dessert.
For counter service, I have been allowed an iced cappucino at Cosmic Ray's and a side salad at Pinocchio Haus in place of a dessert. It absolutely all depends on the particular cashier you get!

*I had to edit to say that it wasn't a side salad that I got at Pinocchio Haus. It was fries, because I had ordered the big salad as my entree.*
I am slowly losing my mind! ;)

At Flame Tree, we were given kids' grapes instead of dessert. At Pinocchio's Village Haus, DH had strawberry yogurt. Le Cellier gave us fruit cups. We stayed at CBR and in the grab n go section of OPR, there were a ton of fruit options that counted as a dessert (there was a tag that said snack or dessert option). At other places we just did not order dessert.

As noted, when all else fails, try getting something off the kids' menu. They'll typically have things like fruit or a yogurt parfait, or just plain ice cream, if that's all you're into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter