• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dessert package at Epcot

Tandyc

Disney brings out the kid in me!
We tried to book this today for 5/3 and was told "it's not loaded yet." Cm couldn't tell us why or if it would be available later.

Now I'm wondering if it's worth the price? I'd love anyone's thoughts on the experience and why it is not available now with less than 70 days to go.

I'm assuming you are talking about the Frozen Ever After Illuminations Dessert Party? They are notorious for not releasing the dates until sometimes just a few weeks beforehand. It's not available every night, so hopefully you will luck out and it will be available the night you're wanting, but I wouldn't be too worried yet about it not being loaded in the system.

We went to it at the end of August and totally felt it was worth it. Everyone's opinions on these sort of things will vary, but we really enjoyed being able to sit and relax at the end of the night while waiting for Illuminations to begin. The view was excellent, right along the water. There are a few tables a row back from the water, bit still with a great view. You have a table preassigned to you that you can sit at as soon as you're admitted to the party and you can stay sitting there throughout the show, so that's a huge perk in my book. The food options were good, nothing that will blow you away, but I felt there were plenty of options from dessert to fruit to cheese fondue. There were a few NON-alcoholic drinks that my kids enjoyed, as well as several alcoholic ones (all included). There was never a line for the food or drinks when we went and everything was just so relaxed. The tables didn't feel crammed together. There was a photopass photographer that came around to tables to take your picture if you wanted. Everyone received a pair of special glasses that you could watch the fireworks through that made the lights turn into a different shape (I can't remember if ours were flowers or snowflakes). Then after, everyone lines up to be taken to the ride. On our night, the Frozen ride was down so they took everyone to Soarin instead. Some people in the group, myself included, didn't want to ride Soarin (we had a toddler that wouldn't have been able to ride). CMs were there to work with each group on alternate arrangements. For us, we were given a fastpass for later in the week to ride Frozen which seemed perfectly reasonable.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer.

We tried to book this today for 5/3 and was told "it's not loaded yet." Cm couldn't tell us why or if it would be available later.

Now I'm wondering if it's worth the price? I'd love anyone's thoughts on the experience and why it is not available now with less than 70 days to go.
We have it booked for next month and the reservations didn’t open until a few weeks ago. It seems that they’re only opening a month at a time and only about a month in advance right now. Keep checking the site and there’s also a great thread on the Dis on it. I’ll see if I can edit this post with the link for you.

ETA https://www.disboards.com/threads/“...wing-and-after-close-attraction-ride.3610900/

I'm assuming you are talking about the Frozen Ever After Illuminations Dessert Party? They are notorious for not releasing the dates until sometimes just a few weeks beforehand. It's not available every night, so hopefully you will luck out and it will be available the night you're wanting, but I wouldn't be too worried yet about it not being loaded in the system.

We went to it at the end of August and totally felt it was worth it. Everyone's opinions on these sort of things will vary, but we really enjoyed being able to sit and relax at the end of the night while waiting for Illuminations to begin. The view was excellent, right along the water. There are a few tables a row back from the water, bit still with a great view. You have a table preassigned to you that you can sit at as soon as you're admitted to the party and you can stay sitting there throughout the show, so that's a huge perk in my book. The food options were good, nothing that will blow you away, but I felt there were plenty of options from dessert to fruit to cheese fondue. There were a few NON-alcoholic drinks that my kids enjoyed, as well as several alcoholic ones (all included). There was never a line for the food or drinks when we went and everything was just so relaxed. The tables didn't feel crammed together. There was a photopass photographer that came around to tables to take your picture if you wanted. Everyone received a pair of special glasses that you could watch the fireworks through that made the lights turn into a different shape (I can't remember if ours were flowers or snowflakes). Then after, everyone lines up to be taken to the ride. On our night, the Frozen ride was down so they took everyone to Soarin instead. Some people in the group, myself included, didn't want to ride Soarin (we had a toddler that wouldn't have been able to ride). CMs were there to work with each group on alternate arrangements. For us, we were given a fastpass for later in the week to ride Frozen which seemed perfectly reasonable.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer.
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter