Dessert Parties return to the Magic Kingdom & also California Grill

Does anyone have any insight from past parties how large of a group you are able to book? And are the tables pre-assigned? So if you split up group booking would you still be able to sit at tables close to one another?

I booked a party of 12 pre-Covid. We were all seated together at an assigned table.

Man, Ferrytales also sold out almost instantly. Glad I was able to snag one date. I'm wondering what's up with CA Grill now, I didn't get a spot on Celebration up Top so I'm back to hunting CA Grill.

I just checked again and it isn't available after Nov 17 so it looks like the 60 day window.

I just booked the Enchantment After Party for Oct. 11th!! I spent 2 hours on hold after trying to book online with chrome. Used Safari and was able to book right away. This will be our first dessert Fireworks party at WDW! So excited!!

Man, Ferrytales also sold out almost instantly. Glad I was able to snag one date. I'm wondering what's up with CA Grill now, I didn't get a spot on Celebration up Top so I'm back to hunting CA Grill.

I believe (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) that Ferrytales was already available to book-- (maybe a week or two ago?)
Thats the one we are going to try for in December

I believe (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) that Ferrytales was already available to book-- (maybe a week or two ago?)
Thats the one we are going to try for in December
Looks like it been available to book since 8/26, but only certain days of the week - (it was Weds and Saturday-- not sure if that changed)

Yes - the 19th is our last night there.

I don't think so - it looks like just a couple of nights per week.

Just checked and the dates showing up for Celebration at the Top (no idea if there's still space) are October 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 13, 15, 18, 21, 27, 30. November 4, 5, 6, 16, 19. My trip ends on the 20th so that's probably why I can't see after that. I also got the 2 of 8 message when I booked. Which is a little odd - I can't imagine this is limited to 8 people per night!

I was really hoping these would be every night, since we'll only be at Disney for 4 nights this year. I wonder if anything is going on at Cali Grill on the off nights....

I booked a party of 12 pre-Covid. We were all seated together at an assigned table.
Thank you. Was this for the seated party or the pre-party with Plaza garden viewing? Ended up going with Plaza Garden viewing so wasn't sure if those tables during the dessert portion were even pre-assigned in that case.

Thank you. Was this for the seated party or the pre-party with Plaza garden viewing? Ended up going with Plaza Garden viewing so wasn't sure if those tables during the dessert portion were even pre-assigned in that case.
Pre-Party with Plaza Garden viewing. Ours was assigned. They led us to our table. Then when we were done we went down to the viewing area.

so glad to see this return. mom and i do not eat nearly enough for the price but i love the experience and she is 80 so not having to secure a firework viewing spot for a lengthy time before is key so i will always go this route when she is with me at least once per show release. we went with happily ever after and she can't stop talking about it. plus all the woman eats is dessert so there you go! got ours this morning. good luck to everyone still trying.

Last edited:
Kind of a different question : I have a reservation for my husband and I as a special “surprise date night”. This is for the Pre party dessert party. When it’s just two people are we assigned our own table or do we have to be seated with others? That would make a difference in whether I’d want to keep my reservation. Thanks!
I'm not sure how things are now, but pre-pandemic, my husband and I got a table for two.

Be sure and check back later. This morning, the After Party wasn't available (to me) on Oct 20th at 6:05 AM. But it was magically available 3 PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter