Dessert Parties return to the Magic Kingdom & also California Grill

Interesting. I booked it at 5:45 CST this morning.

Right? When the After Party wasn't available (to me) on the 20th, I guessed there was a chance that it wasn't being held that night since it's the night of "Extended Hours" for Deluxe Guests. So I made my dessert party reservation for 18th. I only looked again after realizing I had my Beaches & Cream Reservation on the 18th - which sure is a lot of dessert! - and not having any luck moving it to another day.

The OTHER thing I've noticed (Disney IT at work) is that you can purchase the Dessert Party no matter what existing dining reservations you have - and it doesn't cancel them. However, you cannot book dining too close to the dessert party once it's already purchased and in your MDE. It will give you the standard "which reservation do you want" with the option to cancel the dessert party. Because I know I will need REAL food before all that sugar.

Quick question—I’ve only ever done the pre party—do both the pre and post parties share the same viewing area? This would seem to benefit post party attendees on obtaining prime viewing spots. Conversely, pre party attendees probably get “fresher” dessert offerings. Any info would be appreciated.
Also, I think I read previously that the dessert parties were only available at 60 days—just a FYI, I can book for 60+ currently—didn’t want anyone to miss out by thinking they had to wait!

Quick question—I’ve only ever done the pre party—do both the pre and post parties share the same viewing area? This would seem to benefit post party attendees on obtaining prime viewing spots. Conversely, pre party attendees probably get “fresher” dessert offerings. Any info would be appreciated.
Also, I think I read previously that the dessert parties were only available at 60 days—just a FYI, I can book for 60+ currently—didn’t want anyone to miss out by thinking they had to wait!
From what I read when I was looking at them - the check in for 'pre-party' is 90 minutes, while the check-in for 'post' is 60m. So in theory, pre-party can grab a bunch of desserts and get over there to get better viewing spots potentially than 'post' party folks. However, they have to cut off their snacking (or have some of their party stay there and the others run back - considering this). Post party on the other than has more time to leisurely eat desserts and drink after. If if did not have early birds with us who we'll be lucky if they make it THIS late, I would have went for the post party.

I booked the pre-party for my oldest son and I for October 18. He wants to see the fireworks and this will help us make sure we are there. He was excited when I asked him if he was interested. DH isn't interested in going and will be back at the hotel with our youngest, who typically doesn't like loud sounds.

I am confused. So is the california grill party replacing california grill dining, or are we not sure? I make ADRs in about two weeks and am trying to get a battle plan made

Last edited:

The party is listed to be in one of the side banquet rooms (the ones closest to MK). They have yet to announce what's happening with regular dining after Oct 2nd.
Thanks! This is turning into a massive pain in my behind trying to get stuff ideally planned out, especially when throwing in christmas party nights . At this point, I might throw california grill dinner out the window and do the fireworks party and then scrap BOG dinner on the non-party MK night for the MK fireworks party. I'll be happy once all the ADRs are made and paid for XD

Edit: AND THERE'S FIREWORKS PACKAGES FOR EPCOT!?!??!? WHAT THE!?!??! (back to the spreadsheets)

Is the California Grill only on select nights? We aren't going till early next year but I can't tell from the current availability if it is being offered nightly and is sold out or it's just offered on random days.

i wanted post party for 10/24 because i have boo bash but they aren't available anymore. so i am doing 10/25 booked for dessert pre party bookings. i preferred to have done the 24th because it would better flow with boo bash but not available which is too bad. but happy to have one night!

Dumb question: Since there is no listing for them, I assume that 2-year olds get in free? And don't need to sign up?

i wanted post party for 10/24 because i have boo bash but they aren't available anymore. so i am doing 10/25 booked for dessert pre party bookings. i preferred to have done the 24th because it would better flow with boo bash but not available which is too bad. but happy to have one night!

We’re also doing Boo Bash on the 24th and weren’t able to get a dessert party for that day. I’m thinking they may not be doing them on Boo Bash night?? We were able to get the after party on Saturday the 23rd though.

We’re also doing Boo Bash on the 24th and weren’t able to get a dessert party for that day. I’m thinking they may not be doing them on Boo Bash night?? We were able to get the after party on Saturday the 23rd though.
I booked the terrace dessert party for both days of my holiday AH parties. They popped up as every night in mid Nov. The dessert parties are cancellable until 5(?) days before, though, so maybe check back?

It looks like they are doing the pre-party for boo bash nights.

I booked the terrace dessert party for both days of my holiday AH parties. They popped up as every night in mid Nov. The dessert parties are cancellable until 5(?) days before, though, so maybe check back?

It looks like all nights that have a Boo Bash are grayed out, this is why I was thinking that they weren’t being offered on BB nights. Maybe the changed that for the Christmas After Hours event?? Unless I’m missing something.

It looks like all nights that have a Boo Bash are grayed out, this is why I was thinking that they weren’t being offered on BB nights. Maybe the changed that for the Christmas After Hours event?? Unless I’m missing something.
View attachment 606011
Aaaah, you mean the AFTER party? No, those dates are greyed out for Nov as well. The before/seated fireworks dessert parties aren’t.

eta: specified parties

Last edited:
I’ve been reading, and reading and now I can’t remember what I’ve read. Help! Are they having the dessert parties in the MK on the night they have the extra hours?

Thanks!

Anyone have any luck calling for an ADR for Cali Celebration at the top? I am assuming based on my last several days of checking they are completely booked for all available nights. I have checked for 1 and 2 person reservation for each day with no availability.

I’ve been reading, and reading and now I can’t remember what I’ve read. Help! Are they having the dessert parties in the MK on the night they have the extra hours?

Thanks!
Yes - since I got dessert party reservations (Pre-party) for Oct 6 - the very first extra hours night for MK. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter