• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Destash 2022 Time to eject the dreck!

57 items gone today!! I'd been given a couple boxes of knitting needles and assorted supplies a number of years ago. I sorted through the broken ones, as well as some items in a random box I had lying around. Next pass will be matching them up and looking for orphaned ones.

Total: 271 items

Now I kind of want to make it to 300!

I've been terrible the last couple weeks. We now have to go back into the office a couple days per week and I'm already finding it difficult to get things done. I did finish off a couple books though!

Total: 273 items

Another lackluster month of decluttering. I really need to get my poop together and get things sorted and out the door. Also, need to work on a few projects which will help get some clutter gone as well!

Anyway for May was sable to get rid of the following:

1 partial notepad - used up
1 partial roll of landscape fabric - used up

4 carpet remnants - trashed

1 shirt - returned to store

7 Items left this month
129 of 500 items or 25.8% of goal

I haven’t made much progress in my house, but I’m proud of my progress in my classroom. I’ve been in my current grade level/classroom for 6 years. I’m deep cleaning my cabinets, shelves, etc. and giving serious consideration to what I should keep. My goal is to get rid of anything I haven’t used in the past 6 years. At times, I struggle because I’m afraid next year will certainly be the time I need the item 😝 Some things have been trashed, but others have gone to students, other teachers, and Goodwill. Unfortunately, the “free house” at the former landfill is gone, so I can’t put things there anymore.

9/40 times of rehoming items

I haven’t made much progress in my house, but I’m proud of my progress in my classroom. I’ve been in my current grade level/classroom for 6 years. I’m deep cleaning my cabinets, shelves, etc. and giving serious consideration to what I should keep. My goal is to get rid of anything I haven’t used in the past 6 years. At times, I struggle because I’m afraid next year will certainly be the time I need the item 😝 Some things have been trashed, but others have gone to students, other teachers, and Goodwill. Unfortunately, the “free house” at the former landfill is gone, so I can’t put things there anymore.

9/40 times of rehoming items
The Minimal Mom released a YouTube video this past Tuesday with a guest appearance by "Justin Case."

Another book and a TON of knitting supplies went out the door. I really need to learn to go through craft supplies as soon as someone "donates" them to me, instead of letting them sit in boxes for years. Mismatched, broken and bent needles all got the boot! Now if I could only find the other box that I know is here...

Total: 349 items

I cleaned out the linen/bathroom closet this week. I haven't been counting things, but I filled a whole grocery bag with things to toss, plus a couple larger items. I rehomed several things to other people in my family (I kind of feel like ComicGuy who is always rehoming things to their sons house :-)

Lately, there is not enough motivation for such things... I hope I can handle this and get down to business.
You can do it!

I read another book, which will be picked up this weekend. It's in the to-go pile, so I count it now.
That will probably be it for the week, since I have some hard deadlines for work and company coming this weekend (must... clean...)
Total: 350 items

I'm currently helping with some decluttering at my dad's. (The only problem is, some of it is coming to my house! 😂 ) But we definitely put a lot in the yard sale pile today too.

Another lackluster month, just a lot going on. Hopefully I can kick things into high gear for July!

1 pair of sneakers - trashed
1 pair of socks - trashed
5 non-working pen - trashed
1 non- working highlighter - trashed

1 grocery bag of assorted paperwork - shredded and recycled

2 books - donated
1 corded computer mouse - donated
1 GPS watch - donated
2 cell phone cases - donated

15 Items left this month
146 of 500 items or 29.2% of goal

I'm currently helping with some decluttering at my dad's. (The only problem is, some of it is coming to my house! 😂 ) But we definitely put a lot in the yard sale pile today too.

Back home now, and inspired!

They're going from two homes (as "snowbirds") down to one, so a big part of their task is getting rid of legitimate duplicates, but there was a lot of "why did I save this in the first place" going on as well, and I intend to take a lesson from that! I did bring back certain sentimental items, but I'm on a roll of getting rid of stuff, so I plan to more than make room for them by clearing out here.

DH's Lodge is having a flea market next month, so I'll have the chance to pass on plenty of things I no longer use to happy new owners. I sorted through two boxes of old picture frames and stuff this morning, and I plan to keep the momentum going.

I was even so in the mood to "lighten up" that I went through my nail polish after lunch and threw away old clumpy colors!

DH and I have spent many, many hours over the last month cleaning out the garage. Even though both cars fit, there was a ton of old stuff that was taking up so much room it was hard to walk around the cars. It all started with me wanting to replace his father's old Craftsman work bench that was so rusted at the bottom that it actually collapsed when we finally moved it. Well one cabinet led to another and then another and then... New Husky cabinets replaced the Craftsman plus several old white kitchen cabinets from a prior remodel. Tons of old rusty tools, nails, screws, etc. and metal tool boxes from his father (who died in 2000!) and made the move here with us are finally out the door. Also gone is a lot of unneeded wood scraps, molding and more. We still have a bit more to go through and put away. Added some old rakes, shovels, two extension ladders that were wobbly and a broken lawn mower to the pile. Also went down to our 5' crawl under the house where we brought up the rest of the old white cabinets (saved just in case we decided to use those in the garage someday), unused shutters and almost 2 dozen old paint cans, many pretty full. Those have to be hardened before we dispose of them. We're getting a dumpster in another week or two and all of this stuff will go. Feels good but boy are we tired.

2 rotten lawn chairs
An old deactivated key card from some job or other
Pedometer (which didn't seem to work anymore anyway)
Some junk from the bottom of a drawer
Halloween costume
Dress
I've also moved some stuff around to their "proper" home, so I can see what I have of certain types of items. It might make it easier to clear out some things if it's obvious that there are multiples.

Total: 364 items

July was again not an over productive month in getting rid of stuff, but alas some stuff did leave the house! Every little bit does help. Hopefully I can get rid of a bunch before our WDW trip in Aug?!?!

1 Reusable shopping bag (ripped apart) - trashed
3 pair of socks - trashed
1 pair of sneakers - trashed
1 ripped T-Shirt - trashed
1 dead pen - trashed
1 expired sunscreen - trashed
2 used plumbing pipes - cut up and trashed
5 old CC’s and hotel room keys - shedded and trashed

5 magazines - recycled
1 grocery bag of assorted papers - shredded and recycled

3 Printer cables - donated
1 unused printer cartridge - donated
3 boxes of assorted unused envelopes - donated
7 containers of clorox wipes - donated

1 tube of driveway crack sealer - used up
1 tube of liquid nail - used up

36 Items left this month
182 of 500 items or 36.4% of goal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter