• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Destination D23 11/19-21 2021

Are you sure that you were logged in? If it's on the web, click on MyDisneyExperience at the top right to ensure that you are really logged in. If you aren't, it will ask you to do so.
I was logged in, I found out that the issue was that I have a split stay. I'll see if I can get a ressie tomorrow or after, maybe someone cancels... no big deal, already a lot happening this trip!

Is anyone going and not getting pins? We couldn’t get tix and are going to miss out on some amazing pins 😭

Agree with Starry - some are worth it, if you’re a collector.
The three categories that I’ve heard will be there are our three main collections (again 😭), so it looks like we’ll be paying through the nose on eBay after.

I only have a few that I have purchased over the years…but this is one Disney area that I’m definitely not knowledgeable in. I guess I need to start my crash course!

LOL. Typically, dated pins don't do well due to the audience (unless someone was there that specific year, that sort of thing). Mickey's of Glendale / Walt Disney Imagineering is a cast member only store so Destination D and D23 are typically the only times that the general public can purchase cast-specific items. They used to have one public shopping day a year at the store in California but that stopped due to COVID. I would expect most of the pins in the catalog to resell for at least twice cost.

Agree with Starry - some are worth it, if you’re a collector.
The three categories that I’ve heard will be there are our three main collections (again 😭), so it looks like we’ll be paying through the nose on eBay after.
Hey there! We're going and do not collect pins (actually, I collect Disney Resort pins but that's it 😁). Do you have access to the catalog? I'd be happy to help out and coordinate getting you three pins

LOL. Typically, dated pins don't do well due to the audience (unless someone was there that specific year, that sort of thing). Mickey's of Glendale / Walt Disney Imagineering is a cast member only store so Destination D and D23 are typically the only times that the general public can purchase cast-specific items. They used to have one public shopping day a year at the store in California but that stopped due to COVID. I would expect most of the pins in the catalog to resell for at least twice cost.

Thank you!

Anyone else disappointed in the pin selection this year? The last Desination D I was able to get all the Mickey Profile pins and some of the Birthday Pins. I thought for sure they would have themed some of the pins around the 50th.

Anyone else disappointed in the pin selection this year? The last Desination D I was able to get all the Mickey Profile pins and some of the Birthday Pins. I thought for sure they would have themed some of the pins around the 50th.
I didn't think they were that great either. Not really my style, except maybe the Hei Hei and Pua pins, just because I like those characters. I am sure others would like them though. However, you would think there would be something specific to the 50th. Doesn't really matter for me, since I had already made plans 2 years ago to be at Universal that weekend.

I was hoping for a 50th pin. Given the options, I’m just going to sit this one out.

Is anyone going that is willing to stop by the Topps booths and pick up some codes for me? Please send me a pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter