Destination D23, 8-10 Sep 2023 @ WDW's CR

Sold out and this will be the first Destination D23 that I'll miss since 2012. And this is probably the last one in Florida that I planned on attending at my age. Hope to at least go to the Expo next year.

I did not make it in with spot 6864 (not that expected to when I saw that number). I'm going to be at the Polynesian that weekend any so at least this was just a "nice to have if I can get it" add on. Now I can spend that money on something like Wild Africa Trek or another extra.

And it's sold out. So I will be cancelling my hotel room for that weekend. I hate random ques. I used to be able to get in and now with these I never make it.
I'm about ready to ditch my gold membership. Not worth the money when I can't get in to events.

We're a family of 3 so I upgraded to the Duo plan to be able to try for tickets for this event. The Duo plan states that the member can book for up to 3 guests....this was not the case here even though there is no wording on the Duo plan stating that some events may be excluded. Now I have 2 tickets and couldn't get a 3rd. We had 6 devices opened for the queue and were able to book with one of them for 2 people but then it was sold out when the next queue got through to the booking page. Now I'm trying to get a refund on the 2 tickets, failing which my wife will be alone for a couple of days while my daughter and I attend the event (she'll probably be happy with that anyways lol). We'll make the best of it either way.

We're a family of 3 so I upgraded to the Duo plan to be able to try for tickets for this event. The Duo plan states that the member can book for up to 3 guests....this was not the case here even though there is no wording on the Duo plan stating that some events may be excluded. Now I have 2 tickets and couldn't get a 3rd. We had 6 devices opened for the queue and were able to book with one of them for 2 people but then it was sold out when the next queue got through to the booking page. Now I'm trying to get a refund on the 2 tickets, failing which my wife will be alone for a couple of days while my daughter and I attend the event (she'll probably be happy with that anyways lol). We'll make the best of it either way.
Hope that instead of them accepting the refund, you can get the third ticket with some pixie dust :)

Last year for the D23 expo I believe some tickets were offered days before the event… any chance for this to happen here or should I cancel the hotel altogether?

Hope that instead of them accepting the refund, you can get the third ticket with some pixie dust :)
I wish that was possible, unfortunately that wasn't even one of the possible options. They even said there was a 99.9% chance that I wouldn't be able to get a refund. I think we're just going to see about changing the name on the 2nd ticket so that my daughter and I can attend. Then we'll try for any possible way later on to add the 3rd ticket...somehow.

I think the way to do it is that each of the two Duo members sign in and can purchase two tickets. Of course, that requires each Duo member to be able to get into the reservation system and get tickets

The information about the event itself said a gold member could get one ticket for themselves and one guest ticket.

The duo membership usually means that the second person in that duo, under their own login id, can try for a separate ticket

I think the way to do it is that each of the two Duo members sign in and can purchase two tickets. Of course, that requires each Duo member to be able to get into the reservation system and get tickets
Yeah, that's how they did it for this event. The duo plan does not state that and they said that most other events the member could book for 4 people.

I ended up just having the name changed on our 2nd ticket so my daughter doesn't miss out.

The information about the event itself said a gold member could get one ticket for themselves and one guest ticket.

The duo membership usually means that the second person in that duo, under their own login id, can try for a separate ticket
Yeah, that's just not what Duo is sold as. If it said select events, or some events excluded, then that would be fine as that's what you've bought when you chose that upgrade. We'll make due anyways.

Yeah, that's just not what Duo is sold as. If it said select events, or some events excluded, then that would be fine as that's what you've bought when you chose that upgrade. We'll make due anyways.

Yes but the duo plan has general information about events. You have to look at the specific event page to see what their requirements are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter