Destination D23, 8-10 Sep 2023 @ WDW's CR

Last year for the D23 expo I believe some tickets were offered days before the event… any chance for this to happen here or should I cancel the hotel altogether?
I asked the supervisor when I was speaking with him about this. He said that for the Anaheim events, which are quite a bit larger, they have released additional tickets however for the Destination D23 events they have not.

Yes but the duo plan has general information about events. You have to look at the specific event page to see what their requirements are.
Then the duo plan should not be sold with the specific wording of "Enjoy all the benefits of Gold, but with the ability to bring up to three guests to D23 Member events. Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. Let the whole family enjoy the magic!"

Then the duo plan should not be sold with the specific wording of "Enjoy all the benefits of Gold, but with the ability to bring up to three guests to D23 Member events. Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. Let the whole family enjoy the magic!"
Maybe they should let someone like Ticketmaster handle their ticketing? But without the Taylor Swift chaos stuff

For the D23 expo they allowed transferring tickets to someone else… do you know if Destination D23 would do that?
(Although I have canceled the hotel already LoL.. but never know)

We're a family of 3 so I upgraded to the Duo plan to be able to try for tickets for this event. The Duo plan states that the member can book for up to 3 guests....this was not the case here even though there is no wording on the Duo plan stating that some events may be excluded. Now I have 2 tickets and couldn't get a 3rd. We had 6 devices opened for the queue and were able to book with one of them for 2 people but then it was sold out when the next queue got through to the booking page. Now I'm trying to get a refund on the 2 tickets, failing which my wife will be alone for a couple of days while my daughter and I attend the event (she'll probably be happy with that anyways lol). We'll make the best of it either way.
I don’t like this either. With 3 of us, it makes it almost impossible to do some events as a family. I liked the old family option. I wish you could choose either duo or family. I would pay extra for family even over the duo.

For the D23 expo they allowed transferring tickets to someone else… do you know if Destination D23 would do that?
(Although I have canceled the hotel already LoL.. but never know)
I would think so if the person calls to change the name 🤷‍♂️

I tried to get tickets today as well and no luck. I tried to login in 20 minutes early and wait in the queue and that didn't work. Generally I tried to login earlier but my Internet was running slow. I'm wondering if those that got tickets waited in the queue for like an hour. I originally had a hotel reservation stay as a back up before the tickets were released.

I tried to get tickets today as well and no luck. I tried to login in 20 minutes early and wait in the queue and that didn't work. Generally I tried to login earlier but my Internet was running slow. I'm wondering if those that got tickets waited in the queue for like an hour. I originally had a hotel reservation stay as a back up before the tickets were released.
It’s supposed to be randomized at the time it starts, not when you go to the page before it starts.

How chaotic does the D23 event make the parks for those few days? Curious as I have a room booked at GF 09/07-09/16.

So two things. I think the Friday event will be the Disney100: The Exhibition that's currently at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. I went with my family for my birthday and it was really nice. The D23 page said there was going to be an exhibit for 100 years curated by Archive/Imagineering. The Disney100 exhibit closes in August in Philly. So I totally think that they are moving this down there as the "big thing" for Friday (or maybe the entire event).
I was able to get tickets (I opened a ton of browser windows on my work computer/personal/work phone/personal phone) and just waited to see what number I got in queue. I had an incognito and regular browsing tab on Chrome/Firefox/Opera/PaleMoon/Edge/Safari and that seemed to work out ok. One of my tabs managed to get me 250 in line, so I bought the preferred (not realizing it was just a seat upgrade), and was able to get a discounted room at the GF. I recommend joining the queue as many times as you can since the event is small, and just getting your tickets with whatever lowest "randomized" number you get. I know it doesn't help for this year, but maybe next.

So two things. I think the Friday event will be the Disney100: The Exhibition that's currently at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. I went with my family for my birthday and it was really nice. The D23 page said there was going to be an exhibit for 100 years curated by Archive/Imagineering. The Disney100 exhibit closes in August in Philly.
Oh, that would be cool! We were thinking of going to see it but then learned that after Philly it's going to Chicago (easier for me to get to) and after that it's going to Kansas City. So maybe it's going to Orlando for that weekend on its way to Chicago. I hope so as it would save me a trip to Chicago later on!

Oh, that would be cool! We were thinking of going to see it but then learned that after Philly it's going to Chicago (easier for me to get to) and after that it's going to Kansas City. So maybe it's going to Orlando for that weekend on its way to Chicago. I hope so as it would save me a trip to Chicago later on!
Cool, where did you see that it was going to Chicago and Kansas City? The website for it shows just Philadelphia, Munich, and London (which is why I made a big deal about going to see it near me).

Cool, where did you see that it was going to Chicago and Kansas City? The website for it shows just Philadelphia, Munich, and London (which is why I made a big deal about going to see it near me).
I've seen it a few places. Here's one:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...rldwide-in-the-magic-of-disney-301621566.html

There's a domestic tour and international tour, but it seems they are not the same tour. Makes me wonder what stuff they'll have for display in Europe.

I've seen it a few places. Here's one:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...rldwide-in-the-magic-of-disney-301621566.html

There's a domestic tour and international tour, but it seems they are not the same tour. Makes me wonder what stuff they'll have for display in Europe.
Ah, yeah I assume it'll have to be different items. However a lot of the paper media like drawings and letters were just replicas. The items that were actually from the archives were mostly props or costumes.

We just realized that we are going to be at WDW while destination d23 is going on at the contemporary. Question: Can we shop at the hall if we do not have a ticket?

We just realized that we are going to be at WDW while destination d23 is going on at the contemporary. Question: Can we shop at the hall if we do not have a ticket?
They won't let you into the ballroom where the panels take place without a ticket. Same for the exhibits. However, D23 is going to be selling some merchandise-only tickets if you want to stop by at any of the pop up stores to pick up some limited time or exclusive merch. Though I personally think it's a little strange to pay just for access to a store, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter