Destination D23, 8-10 Sep 2023 @ WDW's CR

I thought they were going to start talking about Blue Sky ideas and they then say the big update is Country Bears Jamboree lol

Did not have them redoing Dinoland into a non-Zootopia land as a possibility. So that's where Coco and Enchanto will go. That fits a lot better than Zootopia. They hinted that Dinosaur will turn into the DLR Indiana Jones ride.

Yes, that's so depressing to be honest.... I think I'd prefer Dinoland stay and just add some new attractions. I mean, seriously, replacing Dinosaur with an Indiana Jones Ride that is old at this point is hardly anything worth writing home about....

MK they were beyond radio silent....

Feels like it, but there are only 2300 people there, and are basically watching a commercial. (I mean, so am I... lol)
It didn't feel subdued in here for what it's worth.

ETA: though we are in preferred this time so maybe either A) these are the folks who are just happy (like, they drink all the Kool aid 😅), or B) they've done this before and know Destination D23 isn't usually about big announcements

Was interesting, just seems weird that they’re gunshy about the AK and MK updates. “We swear we have something planned but we can’t give you too much information but we’re kinda going to hint that it miiiiight involve Encanto and Indy” just doesn’t seem to be the right way to go about this, particularly after doing a similar routine last year.

only 100 people getting $100 gift cards? That's not even 10% of the audience there.

Should have been everyone getting a $25 gift card.

At D23 2019, they handed out GCs to everyone as they left the park panel. Everyone had at least $25, but they said at least 100 people would get $100 on theirs so you did not know until you were Handed as you left. Wonder if it was something simila.

OK I am not sure I like them moving D23 outside (Sunday/Angel Stadium) AND into August... if theyre filling the Honda center for panels I doubt they will do the giveaways and such.

Was interesting, just seems weird that they’re gunshy about the AK and MK updates. “We swear we have something planned but we can’t give you too much information but we’re kinda going to hint that it miiiiight involve Encanto and Indy” just doesn’t seem to be the right way to go about this, particularly after doing a similar routine last year.
I interpreted this as there are lots of things our team would love to do and is ready to do, but corporate won’t approve the expenditures yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter