Destiny Wild Guesses

I figured the characters we saw on the doors would be stateroom themes rather than clues to bars, restaurants etc
I cannot picture DCL doing a Haunted Mansion stateroom theme- It would be in high demand with certain adults but might be scary for little ones and since stateroom themes aren't listed when you book it would be a mess. I fully predict it is another bar.

I cannot picture DCL doing a Haunted Mansion stateroom theme- It would be in high demand with certain adults but might be scary for little ones and since stateroom themes aren't listed when you book it would be a mess. I fully predict it is another bar.
Well, they could just have the wallpaper. That’s not scary but would be awesome.

To be fair, we only have the animated video. There has been no YouTube reveal like we had for the Treasure or the Wish so we don't know exactly how the theme is going to be incorporated.
I thought we had read that it will be Villains and Heroes themed... To me, there are two ways to do that - one would be understated which would be quite lame, the other is full-throated and elaborate, which, while I can respect that, I personally have very little interest in being in a "themed ship" with such a dramatic theme. Maybe I will be proven wrong, and I fully admit that.

I thought we had read that it will be Villains and Heroes themed... To me, there are two ways to do that - one would be understated which would be quite lame, the other is full-throated and elaborate, which, while I can respect that, I personally have very little interest in being in a "themed ship" with such a dramatic theme. Maybe I will be proven wrong, and I fully admit that.
Would you describe the Wish and Treasure theming to be dramatic? Because I'm assuming the Destiny will be "themed" in the same way they are.

Would you describe the Wish and Treasure theming to be dramatic? Because I'm assuming the Destiny will be "themed" in the same way they are.
I would not - in part because from what I can tell the theming is done with lots of different venues rather than an overarching theme in the same way as Heroes & Villains... To me that sounds very intense and like a themed land on the sea. I don't want to have my waiters dressing up as Star Wars Empire Stormtroopers or being nice to me at one meal and being "villainous" at another... or have rooms that resemble dungeons or what have you... or impromptu moments on the ship where the lights go out and some villain explains that they've taken over the ship through the loudspeaker and is "forcing us" to disembark at port...That's what I think of when I hear "heroes & villains"...

That said, I hope Hercules the Muse-ical makes a comeback if they do this.

I would not - in part because from what I can tell the theming is done with lots of different venues rather than an overarching theme in the same way as Heroes & Villains... To me that sounds very intense and like a themed land on the sea. I don't want to have my waiters dressing up as Star Wars Empire Stormtroopers or being nice to me at one meal and being "villainous" at another... or have rooms that resemble dungeons or what have you... or impromptu moments on the ship where the lights go out and some villain explains that they've taken over the ship through the loudspeaker and is "forcing us" to disembark at port...That's what I think of when I hear "heroes & villains"...

That said, I hope Hercules the Muse-ical makes a comeback if they do this.
I can't imagine the heroes and villains theme will be treated any differently than the princess or adventure theme of the other ships. Given some of the clues from the short we got so far, I expect another ship with a lot of recycled IP from the other 2. I would love if they did some sort of villains deck party but I suspect even that may be hoping for too much.

I think atrium is Hercules stern is Lion King or vice versa
Shows: seas the adventure, another repeat show (probably Tangled) Rogers the Musical

MDRs 23, marvel, Aladdin or Moana themed

HM bar like treasure
Cruella theme venue either where Luna/Serabi or bayou/skipper is on other ships

wouldn't rogers the musical be a step down from shows like beauty & the beast or aladdin?

I think the Treasure and Destiny will be in Port Canaveral, with the Wish moving down to Port Everglades full time for the current Dream sailings. Fantasy will remain in PC as well, doing 5 night Bahamas, 5 night Western Caribbean, and 4 night Caribbean. Treasure will do the 7 night Eastern/Western Caribbean, and the Destiny doing the 3/4 night Bahamas.

I think the Dream and Magic will jump around a little bit. Magic will probably rotate between Port Canaveral, Port Everglades, and Galveston. Dream could also do the same and flip flop with the Magic throughout the year, or maybe do a season in San Diego. One of those I'm sure will do Europe, most likely the Dream. There really is a lot of flexibility with those two.

Wonder is definitely staying out west long term. She is fitted for Alaska and with so many ships in the Caribbean and Bahamas (Disney's bread and butter), it doesn't make sense to have her cross the Canal.

I seriously think it will take over for the Wish doing 3/4 nights our of PC (and keeping that high price point). Maybe all 3 Triton class out of PC but I could easily see them moving the Wish down to Everglades and sending the Dream to CA. (That is a dream of mine because I want a Panama Canal sailing on the Dream so badly!)
I would love if you are right. I would also be ok with port Everglades. I would maybe even be ok with somewhere on the west coast, but I really really hope it is a 3 and 4 night trips. I know some people prefer 7 nights or longer, but I have to save for years just to pay for a 3-4 night trip. 7 nights is out of my reach so Im hoping for a short trip itinerary. I also hope it doesn't get pushed back bc I am hopeful for a 2025 Merrytime sailing before my son graduates and enlists becase it will be a long time before he would be able to vacation with me again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter