Details on NBA Experience

Yes, but how often are you on property? For you, spending a day to "check it out" is less of a commitment than a family that's visiting Disney at most once every few years.

It's not just whether the family, or some members of the family, has an interest. It's whether the interest is enough to go here, AND give up what they would otherwise do (an extra theme park day, water park day, resort day, or whatever).
I think we will have to wait and see on this. I don’t think Disney would build something they know is going to fail.

I think this is something people will do if they already set aside time for Disney springs. There are plenty of people who don’t go to Disney springs at all. This isn’t something that’s going to take people away from the theme parks. This is like Cirque or mini golf. It’s another activity.

I think we will have to wait and see on this. I don’t think Disney would build something they know is going to fail.

I think this is something people will do if they already set aside time for Disney springs. There are plenty of people who don’t go to Disney springs at all. This isn’t something that’s going to take people away from the theme parks. This is like Cirque or mini golf. It’s another activity.
Is Disney actually building this or is the NBA? I assumed it was the NBA seeing Springs as a better venue than CityWalk and switching over. And Disney just leasing the space.

Is Disney actually building this or is the NBA? I assumed it was the NBA seeing Springs as a better venue than CityWalk and switching over. And Disney just leasing the space.
It’s a joint venture I believe.

I have no issues with it, I won't be going though. If others do that's great, I would assume they've done some market testing and feel it will be successful.

NBA City was quite a bit different than this will be supposedly. Universal wanted them out for the new plan they had so it was likely a mutual agreement. Many people think that NBA City failed but that may not be true at all.

I think the place and the interactive stuff sounds great, and I haven't watched the NBA in 2 decades. People wish they would update DisneyQuest, but it was dead to the company within 2-3 years and was neglected ever since.

At least this building isn't a blank cube that most tourists don't understand, the way DisneyQuest was

This should be a nice spot for locals who wanna watch some sports at night

Not really what I’m into but I’m not the target audience. I also like the fact of where it’s located. It’s across from house of blues which is basically the club vibe and where the younger crowds hang out.

It doesn’t really interfere with the rest of the area as a whole so no complaints from me

Thanks for sharing! My kids are totally excited from the description so we'll have to now make time for this AND Legoland on our next trip.

We’re both an NBA family and my son plays competitive basketball, however I’m not sure this is a place we’d carve out time during our trip to explore. The value of the time in the parks vs. the appeal of this space doesn’t feel like it’s worth our time. Perhaps once it opens and I read reviews I’ll feel differently!

I think I am most excited for City Works which is the Sports bar type venue as part of this building. That at least won't be specific to the NBA.
Same here. I am not a big basketball fan and DH prefers the College version over the NBA. Having another Sports bar than the ESPN is a welcomed addition for us since we are not all day park people .

My 2 boys and DH are big NBA fans and would love to do this...I'm not much of a fan but still think it sounds fun. I would definitely carve out a bit of time to do that vs shopping at the same stores in Disney Springs that we have at home.

I think this is one of those to each their own types of things.

I don't get it they supposedly got rid of Disney Quest because it didn't fit with the theming. Yet all of West Side seems to be a hosh posh of random things like Bongos, House of Blues and the Food Trucks.

I don't get it they supposedly got rid of Disney Quest because it didn't fit with the theming. Yet all of West Side seems to be a hosh posh of random things like Bongos, House of Blues and the Food Trucks.
It wasn’t because of theming it was because it wasn’t popular and wasn’t something they updated anymore.

It wasn’t because of theming it was because it wasn’t popular and wasn’t something they updated anymore.

If that's the case though, they aren't going to bring in truck loads with the NBA. They should have probably marketed for the general park goers who go to Disney. And people that go to Disney usually want to experience Disney things.

If that's the case though, they aren't going to bring in truck loads with the NBA. They should have probably marketed for the general park goers who go to Disney. And people that go to Disney usually want to experience Disney things.
The entirety of Disney Springs is marketed to general park goers. The NBA experience is just one thing for people to do. The building will have a general sports bar/grill type venue to go along with it.

The entirety of Disney Springs is marketed to general park goers. The NBA experience is just one thing for people to do. The building will have a general sports bar/grill type venue to go along with it.

The generic looking sports bar is going to have a lot of competition. Judging by the concept art I'd rather go to every other table and quick service than whatever they are calling this stinker. It's got some lame name my brain doesn't care enough to remember.

The generic looking sports bar is going to have a lot of competition. Judging by the concept art I'd rather go to every other table and quick service than whatever they are calling this stinker. It's got some lame name my brain doesn't care enough to remember.
CityWorks is a chain. Disney Springs is missing a sports venue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter