• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Detroit News Articles

Here in MOnroe the suit was brought up against the city by a woman in a wheelchair who was employed by a downtown merchant. There is a 1 hour limit for parking downtown and she reused to leave her employment in her wheelchair and move her car. She recieved multiple tickets, explained to the court why and they refused to see her side of the story..hence the lawsuit. I think it was settled this past summer details not to be disclosed.

Very interesting articles. Thanks for sharing.
One of the probelms I've seen is people who don't really know what is needed are often the ones doing self assessments for buildings to decide if they are accessible. We've called hotels to check whether they were accessible only to find one or 2 steps to get in (and no way around the steps. When we indicated this was NOT wheelchair accessible, the clerk's response was that it wasn't a flight of stairs, so he thought we could manage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter