DH raided HD for paint cans! See post 15 for photo

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
DH just raided HD for paint cans for altering!
He purchased 6 gallons/ 10 quarts... so I get to decorate this weekend and next..
I watch several kids for about an hour afterschool.. so I thought I'd alter them each a qt. paint can and fill it with little goodies... I'm so excited!!
Than I'm decorating 3 for my kids and 2 for the teachers...and one for me! And the rest will be miscellaneous gifts... I can't wait!!! :)
I asked if he got any funny looks...and he said yes..but I thought maybe the 3 LGMH's may get my in trouble!!
He evidently had remember my discussion about LGMH's too! So, he took the last 3 they had! :rotfl2:

After thinking "Why would anyone ever want one!"...I ended up making 5 altered paintcans (or I will have 5 when I am done). My grandma is always hard, and half the time I hear, "the package was so pretty, I didn't want to open it" (I usually put a X-stitch ornament on it, or something) I figured an altered paint can would be perfect for her, because then she could keep the packaging! I got a gallon one, and filled it with random things, gift card, socks, dish towels. Then I got 4 quart ones...2 to hold stocking stuffers for my parents, and 2 for friends of the family, who are Disney fans too. These four will all have their favorite characters on the outside.

does anyone have any pics of their's all finished? I would love to see them. maybe i could make that for my mil. she is just so hard to buy for. i could fill it with all kinds of stuff. and are they lowes too? where would i find them? i can see me now, trying to explain it to the sales people!!!!! :rotfl:

They are in the paint section, with the other supplies. I bought my quart cans at Ace Hardware because they were cheaper than HD and Lowes by half. But I also needed a gallon, and the ones at my Ace were ribbed on the sides, and I wanted smooth.

I did take a picture of my gallon one, but I haven't uploaded it yet, I will try to do so tomorrow. But if you search 2peas for paint cans, there are TONS.

Here are mine and what was in them. I made Ariel cans. :) I used paint chips for the albums inside.

47b6ce24b3127cce8d21ec1877d800000016108AaN3DJi5ZMu

47b6ce24b3127cce8d21e27377b400000016108AaN3DJi5ZMu

47b6ce24b3127cce8d21e2cd770a00000025118AaN3DJi5ZMu

party of 3 said:
does anyone have any pics of their's all finished? I would love to see them. maybe i could make that for my mil. she is just so hard to buy for. i could fill it with all kinds of stuff. and are they lowes too? where would i find them? i can see me now, trying to explain it to the sales people!!!!! :rotfl:
They are cheapers at Home Depot by quarts 50 cents and by 1.25 on the gallons than Lowes.. I'll check Menards later this week..
I'll make a few more and take pictures this week... I have my Tink made but I'm not overly thrilled with it... I still have a bunch to make so I'm scraplifting the Ariel idea from Mickster!! Thanks Mickster!!! ;)

We just got back from HD. No paint cans for me, but Mickey heads! We took a bunch. My DS said that he needs them in Mickey colors so he can make a project. What it will be I don't know. My DD needed them in princess colors (Also for a mystery project). Not one person said anything to us or wondered why we also picked up alien green. ;)

I have one of Mickster's cans. The pictures are nice, but they don't do the can justice. It just so special in person. I even like it better than my own that I made.

So, what could your little angels be making with Mickey heads? Maybe little opposite albums with their faces in the bigger circle? You know sad/happy, scared/silly, looking up/looking down, mad/glad.

Oh ya I forgot. I saw in Walmart last week in the craft section, ribbon kinda like the one Mickster used. Only instead of circles hanging (which they had some in different colors of too) it had SEASHELLS!! How cool would that be? So I'm going to lift Mickster's ideas and change it just a little so I can still say it is mine. I think the shells were pink, so not quite the right color, but I'll make it work.

Believe it or not, but I have shells as well. I was going to use them, but with the circles, it was too much. Mine are on a turquoise ribbon, if you need them. I have enough to get around 6 cans, I think! :)

On to the other post, I don't know what the kids will come up with. I know I have to make a paper countdown chain for our Feb trip, so maybe something with that. Or journal boxes for DS's book (his own, not made by me...) I'll keep you posted. ;)

Ok, how does it look? I still have to add teachers name in black lollipop sizzix lettering...
Than fill it with goodies..but I need honest feed back.. how does it look?
This is a for a kindergarten teacher..but she loves teacher items for the classroom because of the young kids..
DS10's teacher is getting a winter themed one that I will work on later tonight.. my creative juices are flowing but the darn house is a mess and it must be cleaned.. :(
Look forward to hearing what you all think.. be honest...
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4380923&a=32379138&p=75075266

Thanks for looking!!!

PrincessNancy96 said:
Ok, how does it look? I still have to add teachers name in black lollipop sizzix lettering...
Than fill it with goodies..but I need honest feed back.. how does it look?
This is a for a kindergarten teacher..but she loves teacher items for the classroom because of the young kids..
DS10's teacher is getting a winter themed one that I will work on later tonight.. my creative juices are flowing but the darn house is a mess and it must be cleaned.. :(
Look forward to hearing what you all think.. be honest...
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4380923&a=32379138&p=75075266

Thanks for looking!!!

Nan that is soooo cute!!! Great job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter