Dh was fine about renewing our vows at Disney UNTIL

lvs_eeyore

<font color=deeppink>Has a silly grin & it's Disne
I showed him the site and he saw the price. He said that 3400 was too much to spend and that was not even at the resort we wanted which would be more expensive. How do I convince him to do this?? I SOOOOOOO want to renew our vows up there. I had planned the Poly for our stay and for our renewal. Is there any cheaper way to do it?? Ive signed on to all the sites that have been listed in the messages and I am searching all the info on those. We would be renewing our vows in July of 2003.

I don't think there is a definite answer as to gaining his approval. Going through FTW the prices are set. If you would already have your accommodations & tickets they do offer an add-on package. It was $2,100 for any site other than the Wedding Pavilion and approximately $2,900 for the Pavilion with the reception at the GF. We had this booked but looked into renewing our vows while on the 7-day cruise for our 20th this year. We will have our ceremony performed by the ship's Captain at sea while cruising to the western caribbean this September. FTW offers a renewal package for $1,099 on board the cruise which is very similar to the package at WDW. Of course you'll have the expense of the cruise on top of that. If you'd be interested in a cruise rather than at WDW this may be an option for you.

Good luck with convincing him!

Maybe you could price out the trip you plan on taking, to WDW staying at the Polynesian, then call FTW to price on the same trip as part of a vow renewal package. I know that we didn't go with the add-on package, b/c our total worked out to be less by buying the whole thing together than if we had bought it a la carte.
Perhaps you say $3400 and he shuts down, but if he sees that it would normall cost you around $2000 for this vacation, so the VR is only another $1400, then he will see that it's worth $1400 to give you this special time. (By the way, I'm just making up numbers for the sake of the example, so please disregard!). If you are interested in seeing actual numbers, e-mail me, and I can let you see a copy of our budget. We are going with the Premium Intimate Package, though, with a lot of extras like dove release and dinner at V&A's private room, but it will at least give you a frame of reference.
Cheers!
Heather P

How about a land/sea Disney Cruise for your renewal? Perhaps he'd feel that he's getting more "bang for his buck" on that route? Of course if he gets seasick, well, the'll shoot that suggestion down just as fast.
-Andrew

Actually its me that gets seasick so I sort of shot down the idea of a cruise for renewing our vows.

I called FTW today and they couldnt give me a price since it is over 12 months away and they are changing things for 2003. She did tell me since we already have passes we can do the add on package. Being Florida Residents and also Annual passholders we should be able to get a MUCH better rate at the Poly than they can give us. I told dh this and he seems a little more willing to do it. She gave me a round about figure for this year of 2100 and then there is the cost of the room.

I think what was getting to him was the 3400 and that wasnt at the resort that we wanted. I have shown him....at least for now that it can be done less expensive. I am also going to check out the swan and dolphin and see what they charge to do one.

Hi lvs_eeyore!

Try contacting Jane from www.giftsofalifetime.com

She does many, many wonderful wedding renewals (she did one on the Poly beach, how romantic is that?)

You could book your room without the renewal pkg (saving money there, making hubby happy) and go with Jane. From what I understand her and her pixie helpers do a beautiful job. She showers you with gifts and magical surprises all thru your special time that you are wdw.

She also does anniversaries, birthday's, holidays, treasure hunts...

Check out her website, have fun!!! :)

wdisneelvr I contacted Jane. She says she is not sure she will still be doing renewals next year :0(. She did give me a price range though and asked a few more questions on the information I had provided. I am just waiting for her to get back with me. I emailed her the night before last and still haven't heard.

lvs_eeyore,
What was the price range?

I am trying to plan a surprise vow renewal for my wife & I, but the Disney packages are to expensive for us. I filled out the giftsofalifetime questionnarie two weeks ago and am waiting to hear back.

According to Janes email the cost will be between $295 and $475.

I emailed her back on the 30th to see what type of things she could do and she still hasn't emailed me back. I may call her.

Wow, $295-$475 is really reasonable!

BTW, what resort does your hubbie want to stay at? Maybe you could stay there part of the time and at the Poly the other part of the time, so you will both be happy.

Good luck, and I hope it all works out for you!

We both want to stay at the Poly. The resort that was quoted on the FTW site was Wilderness Lodge. I really have no desire to stay there. Im sure it is beautiful but the Poly is our dream. Jane did get back to me and suggested that I contact her about three months before we want the event to take place.

We had our vows renewed with Jane, 2 yrs ago on the poly beach. She did a great job. We were staying at the poly, my hubby and I just walked out onto the beach with our kids. We recited the vows ourselves, using the ones we used when we got married. Our kids had some bible readings they did to involve them. It was really nice. Jane took pics, got our flowers for us, had bubbles for the kids, OJ toast, I think that's it.

The big thing back them was that Jane couldn't get a minister to come in and do the renewal. That you could only do thru "disney".

The price difference and the ability to do just what WE wanted,(what was I going to do with a limo for 2 hours??? that's what disney offered me to make up for the $$ difference) was why we went with Jane.

I hope she will continue to offer this as there is a need for it.

I hope Jane continues too. Poohlover thats EXACTLY what we are looking for. Something simple yet romantic. I don't need all the stuff Disney offers and there is just no way around their packages except through Jane. It's my sincere hope that Disney does not put a stop to her doing these renewals.

Have you looked at the add-on vow reneal package through Disney? hat's how I did mine. I booked my own reservations and then added on the renewal. We got to stay where we wanted with an annual pass rate and have our renewal.

Laura

Just to clarify, you can, of course, stay at ANY deluxe hotel with your FTW intimate wedding or vow renewal package. They quote WL on the site, b/c that's the least expensive hotel, but we are staying at the GF with our wedding package, and I even know couples who have stayed at a moderate resort.
Cheers!
Heather P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter