• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS: “Burner” FastPass & Runaway Railway?

Question, do you HAVE to use two tier 2 FP before picking a new Tier 1 FP? AKA, I just have SDD FP, can I not just pick another Tier 1 FP after using the first FP?

You must use (or expire) all 3 FPs before booking another Tier 1. The only exception is if you parkhop: You can use your Tier 1 FP at DHS, and then immediately book a Tier 1 FP at Epcot, for example.

Putting the tier 1 FP first (as you've done) is the best strategy. As soon as you tap into it, choose a Tier 2 FP that is immediately available- either by modifying your second FP or choosing a new FP. Then repeat for the third.

I had something like-
9:40-10:40 SDD (used at 9:40)
10:40-11:40 ST (moved up to an immediate use FP, say 10-11)
11:40-12:40 Muppets (moved up to an immediate FP, say 10:30-11:30)
We wanted to watch Muppets anyway so we did that. It isn't long, and I used that time to hunt down my next Tier 1 FP. I couldn't get an immediate return time anyway for a Tier 1 FP so there was no harm in seeing the show.
Not OP, but trying to understand how moving FP work.

For the above, once you tap in to SDD at 9:40am, can you essentially move ST to 9:41am-10:41am (I know time wouldn't exist, but in theory)?

Also., once you use up your first 3 Fast Passes (or the last one expires), you can then check for a 4th FP.....and once you tap in to your 4th FP, you can book a 5th FP?

Not OP, but trying to understand how moving FP work.

For the above, once you tap in to SDD at 9:40am, can you essentially move ST to 9:41am-10:41am (I know time wouldn't exist, but in theory)?

Also., once you use up your first 3 Fast Passes (or the last one expires), you can then check for a 4th FP.....and once you tap in to your 4th FP, you can book a 5th FP?
Correct. Once you use a FP you can then move an existing FP or add another FP for a time immediately after (based on availability). And also correct that after you use your first 3 FP's you can keep adding one FP at a time.

We often show up to a park with only a tier 1 FP booked. Once we tap into it we immediately look for a tier 2 for a close time nearby. Tap that one and do the same. You've now used your tier 2's early in the day and can keep making tier 1 FP's throughout the day.

Refreshing 101:
Burn your FPs as quickly as possible. As soon as you tap into your first, move your next 2 up, tap into second, move last one up, tap into last pull another and modify time up, tap into that and pull next, rinse repeat. Once you use 3, tiers no longer matter.
Burners/Throwaways- If you have the need to get to the 4th one to pull another tier 1, just grab any tier2 modify time to immediately, go tap into it and walk away. Pull your tier 1 now.

Realistically, you can pull as many fast passes as you want regardless of park or tier after the initial 3. On a ride centric day when we are going to just ride stuff and have fun, we can pull anything and go through FPs like water. I dont think we have stood in a stand by line over 5 minutes in 2 years and we ride the Erides every trip.

The limiting factor at HS is none of the Shows really start before 10, so burning that second tier 2 as early as possible is the issue. Should be less of a problem if HS moves back to a 9AM opening...

Just for giggles... who here thinks that Runaway Railway will be the ride everyone runs to first thing when it opens and who here thinks that people will remain running to Slinky or Falcon instead? Does anybody think there will be an equal divide??

Now, who here would like to take a stab at guessing what the most beneficial strategy for rope drop would be post Runaway Railway? Yes, I know, until it opens nobody will have accurate facts. I’m just anticipating our March trip and am kind of interested in what some people on here think things will be like...

Refreshing 101:
Burn your FPs as quickly as possible. As soon as you tap into your first, move your next 2 up, tap into second, move last one up, tap into last pull another and modify time up, tap into that and pull next, rinse repeat. Once you use 3, tiers no longer matter.
Burners/Throwaways- If you have the need to get to the 4th one to pull another tier 1, just grab any tier2 modify time to immediately, go tap into it and walk away. Pull your tier 1 now.

Realistically, you can pull as many fast passes as you want regardless of park or tier after the initial 3. On a ride centric day when we are going to just ride stuff and have fun, we can pull anything and go through FPs like water. I dont think we have stood in a stand by line over 5 minutes in 2 years and we ride the Erides every trip.
For holiday weekends, the FP lines are often longer than 5 minutes for headliners. We typically wait AT least 10 minutes if not longer for headliners, FOP and Space have been easily a 20 minute wait in the FP line on busy days.

Just for giggles... who here thinks that Runaway Railway will be the ride everyone runs to first thing when it opens and who here thinks that people will remain running to Slinky or Falcon instead? Does anybody think there will be an equal divide??

Now, who here would like to take a stab at guessing what the most beneficial strategy for rope drop would be post Runaway Railway? Yes, I know, until it opens nobody will have accurate facts. I’m just anticipating our March trip and am kind of interested in what some people on here think things will be like...

For us WDW planning fanatics, DHS is a real challenge these days, isn't it?

I think the most critical factor at this point is when DHS will open in March. It is currently slated for 9am opening, but I feel confident that it will be moved to at least 8am, and good chance it will be 7am.

So then what we will want to do is try to move one of our current FPs up to the 8-9 am slot (and another up to the 7-8 am slot, if it exists).

The tricky thing is that the only attractions that are likely to offer FPs before 10am are all Tier 1 attractions, except for Star Tours and Little Mermaid. So we are hoping to move up our Tier 1 attraction (Slinky Dog) and Star Tours into the 7-9am time frame, and then grab Little Mermaid as our burner FP during the 9-10 am time frame.

How Runaway Railway will fit into all of this is anybody's guess, but I'm thinking it's likely that it will be like Millenium Falcon (no FPs, no Boarding Groups). And we know that MF waits are shortest toward the end of the evening, so the same might be true for Runaway Railway?

All of which suggests to us that our Rope Drop attraction should probably be Rock n Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania. But we know that waits for everything at Rope Drop now build very quickly, so for non-FP activites in the first couple of hours, we will want to kill some time at breakfast, and we are also lucky enough to have an early Savi's Workshop reservation.

We are planning two DHS days so we can potentially do Falcon late one day and Railway late the other day but we would also like to do Fantasmic one evening and Galactic Spectacular the other evening. Hmmm....

And then, of course, we don't know when our Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups will be loading each day (assuming we can get a BG both days).

Oy.

Just need MMRR FP to be offered and we will be golden!!
If MMRR goes tier 1, then you'll have MFSR, SDD and MMRR as Tier1 rides. That will make availability for TSMM/TOT/RnRC much more difficult IMO and standby lines will increase dramatically IMO.

If MMRR goes tier 1, then you'll have MFSR, SDD and MMRR as Tier1 rides. That will make availability for TSMM/TOT/RnRC much more difficult IMO and standby lines will increase dramatically IMO.

Yes, but if all those other rides move to tier 2.... then you'll actually be able to book 3 real fast passes. MFSR + TSMM + RnRC makes for a decent day, mixed with a couple of shows, maybe Star Tours and Saucers as standby. And of course a boarding pass for RoTR.

Yes, but if all those other rides move to tier 2.... then you'll actually be able to book 3 real fast passes. MFSR + TSMM + RnRC makes for a decent day, mixed with a couple of shows, maybe Star Tours and Saucers as standby. And of course a boarding pass for RoTR.
I definitely like being able to book 3 "real" FP+ now. I just think the SDFP+ availability for ToT/RnRC/TSMM will be much more difficult to get. Nothing we type A planners can't deal with 8-)

For holiday weekends, the FP lines are often longer than 5 minutes for headliners. We typically wait AT least 10 minutes if not longer for headliners, FOP and Space have been easily a 20 minute wait in the FP line on busy days.
We went christmas day and again this past monday, we go a lot due to proximity,and neither time were fp waits that long. I'd say the longest fp wait time we have had was about 5 minutes for FoP and 10 for TT both on christmas day. Rarely do we find the fp line that long unless a ride had been down and the masses hit at once when it comes back up. That's just our experience and we go every other weekend on a saturday or sunday in the winter and once or twice a month when its warm enough for the beach or other things we like to do.

I definitely like being able to book 3 "real" FP+ now. I just think the SDFP+ availability for ToT/RnRC/TSMM will be much more difficult to get. Nothing we type A planners can't deal with 8-)
Day of is actually easy , and should continue to be, depending on what information you have at your disposal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter