• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DH's 30th B-day dinner - where to go??

Growin'upDisney

<font color=blue>I've been to Disney since I was k
I need suggestions on where to dine on my DH's 30th b-day. The entire trip is a surprise for him, so I can't really ask his what he would like to do. Here is a list of where I am plannig PS's for nights other than his b-day.

Boma
Cali Grill
Chef Mickey's
Ohana

But I want something special on that night. He loves wine and I was thinking of Jiko but I think one dinner at AKL is enough. I would like to try another resort or DTD. Vicotria and Albert's is not an option because my mom and step-dad are going with us and he doesn't do the coat and tie thing and the price is steep since we are already springing for Poly Lagoon View Concierge.

I want a restaurant that has great food and will do something nice for his birthday. DH's loves steak, seafood, italian... Pretty much anything come to think of it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

:confused: :wave:

If you want to spring for some big bucks, take him to Shula's -- the best steaks at WDW! A less expensive alternative is Le Cellier (Canada) at Epcot.

If you want a good fish dinner, Fulton's Crab House in DTD is a good spot or Flying Fish is a great choice, too.

I had my 32nd birthday dinner at Le Cellier. I love this place. I had the filet. It was like butter (lol). I also had the steakhouse Caesar and that was very, very good. DH had the prime rib, but it wasn't as good as the filet.

My two daughters had chicken fingers.

At the end of the meal they brought out a delicious chocolate cake and the plate had Happy Birthday written in chocolate.

FYI, I also did CRT for breakfast that morning, since I wanted to go since DD just had to meet Cinderella. You could do Chef Mickey's for breakfast with dinner at Le Cellier. CM is fantastic for both meals. They have that whole "party" song that they sing so the place is very festive for a birthday. We had dinner at CM on our first night of that trip.

Have a great trip.

If I was at WDW on my birthday, I would want to go to the Yachtsman Steakhouse or Spoodle's.

Actually, we will be arriving on Jan. 1, and will be going to both places anyway.:sunny:

We had DH's birthday dinner at Le Cellier. There was no question that he would want steak for this meal and this restaurant is one of our favorites. He had the NY Strip. I had the Mushroom Filet. Both were wonderful.

At the end of our meal we were surprised when they brought out a cake. It was white with confetti frosting and they had written Happy Birthday in chocolate on the plate.

Good luck with your decision! :D

Chef Mickey's is a blast for a birthday. We've done several for family members there.

If quiet is what you want, try Artist Point. The surroundings are rustic and it is excellent if you are a meat or fish lover. Avoid the chocolate bread pudding. It's basically a flourless chocolate cake, and not very good.

Spoodles is often overlooked on the board. It has teriffic Mediterranean cuisine.

I would take him to California Grill at the Contemperary Resort. I surprised my wife last month on her birthday here and she just loved it. The food is just wonderful, it is an open kitchen so you can see all the different chefs cooking. If you make your PS'S for about 8:00 you will be able to watch the fireworks from your table. WE had a window table and it was just great. My wife said it was the best birthday surprise she had ever had.

Another vote for Yachtsman Steakhouse...

We went there for our anniversary this past summer and the steaks were fabulous. There is also a dessert SAMPLER. YUM! Our waiter added a special touch to the plate by having the pastry chef write "Happy Anniversary" out in chocolate.

Were this me, here's where I'd like to be taken:
Shulas
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Narcoosee
Flying Fish
Portobello Yacht Club

Those all have steak, seafood, or both.

DW has PS for CG at the CR on my birthday eve. One of the best places to eat at WDW. View of sunset and MK fireworks is awsome. Rose and Crown at Epcot WS is where I am enjoying my Birthday diner with lakeside seats for IllumiNations and great Cm's and food. Try the sampler of British ales.:smooth:

I vote for Flying Fish or Artist Point, both are excellent and have a decent wine list.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter