DHS availability in May/June

Joe Arkansas

Mouseketeer
So, we are thinking of throwing together a last-minute trip for May or early June. I visited the Theme Park Reservation Availability website, and it looks like there is no availability for DHS for any time in May, and all but the last week of June. Am I reading this right?

However, depending on the size of your party and the amount of patience you have, you can try several times a day to book park passes and might be successful. The availability tool is not updated in real time, and multiple people have reported being able to book even when the tool said DHS was booked full.

However, depending on the size of your party and the amount of patience you have, you can try several times a day to book park passes and might be successful. The availability tool is not updated in real time, and multiple people have reported being able to book even when the tool said DHS was booked full.

This. Don’t expect to get one and be flexible.I had a relative who calls to reserve park passes because they are not tech savvy and were told everything was booked until their tickets expire on June 18. I tried a few dates online in May and found them a pass right away. Availability changes constantly, but the calendar is only refreshed when there is significant availability changes.

So I have two days booked in April. Do I cancel one and leave that day open to try to get HS? I don’t see a way to switch the day without cancelling one

This is true. I booked HS for a family of four on June 2nd even though the calendar said no availability in all three categories.

So I have two days booked in April. Do I cancel one and leave that day open to try to get HS? I don’t see a way to switch the day without cancelling one
That’s the downside - you can’t hold on to a pass while looking for another. So for me, it would depend on how fast the other parks were filling up (would I be left with no pass to any park that day) and how important RotR was to our party.

That’s the downside - you can’t hold on to a pass while looking for another. So for me, it would depend on how fast the other parks were filling up (would I be left with no pass to any park that day) and how important RotR was to our party.
I hope Disney changes that in their system. I would really like to see it be more like ADRs, where you can modify the reservation and the old reservation is not cancelled until the new one is confirmed.

But as it is now, run a risk of cancelling one reservation, not being able to get your other choice, and then seeing your first one be gone before you can get it back.

Yes, hopping to DHS after 2 pm is an option - but if you want to ride RotR, you're required to have a park pass for DHS that day.
ok so if you park hop and hope to get a ror boarding grp at 2 pm you can't unless you had that daily park pass. i never considered that part before...

ok so if you park hop and hope to get a ror boarding grp at 2 pm you can't unless you had that daily park pass. i never considered that part before...

The second attempt at ROTR boarding groups is at 1pm, not at 2pm. That attempt requires that you have tapped into DHS already, effectively meaning you have to have a DHS park reservation for the day in order to get a boarding group.

You can hop to DHS, but you can't ride RotR.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter