DHS Citizens of Hollywood Shows....still going ???

tjlamphere

DIS Veteran
I love taking a break from the hustle and bustle of running to and from rides and attractions to sit for 20 minutes and watch these actors and their skits....the Public Works guys....the stars and starlets...Officer Les Manley....all of these characters are great and add to my Disney Experience. But I heard Disney was cutting back on these characters....did that happen??? Are these little skits performed any more ???

I believe they cut some of the performers but not all of them. They may have reduced showtimes too, but I'm not sure.

I love taking a break from the hustle and bustle of running to and from rides and attractions to sit for 20 minutes and watch these actors and their skits....the Public Works guys....the stars and starlets...Officer Les Manley....all of these characters are great and add to my Disney Experience. But I heard Disney was cutting back on these characters....did that happen??? Are these little skits performed any more ???
Once you said Les Manley I knew you haven't seen a CoH skit in a while.
The Public Works crew has been cut completely, you might see some of the actors in different roles but the HPW skit is out
The Citizens of Hollywood are still there, first set is usually around 10:30am and the last set around 3pm or 3:30pm, most of their skits are at the front of the park or on Sunset, there is also some of them that come out earlier, before park entrance to welcome guest.
Word of caution, most of the old crew (when Les Manley used to be there) is gone. From that era only Paige Turner, Jack Diamond, Chloe Canard and Dorma Nesmond are left

Does anyone know if Betty Shambles is still with them on certain days?

I saw them at the end of November and they were a hoot. They all put on a musical number, the Joy to the World tune with Jingle Bells lyrics. It was rumored that Bing Crosby was listening in and may ask them to be on his Christmas show. DH and I bumped into Dorma Nesmond and Paige Turner later in the day, who were telling fortune and answering guest questions.

DH volunteered and asked them what he should ask for Christmas.

Dorma said, "A maserti! You can ask and ask, but you're not going to get it. Because you've been BAD, I can tell."

They also asked where he was from and Dorma went on about getting crabs when she was in Maryland. Then she randomly said, "And I'm going to Sea World tomorrow."

DH asked smartly, "Oh are you Shamu?" --> trying to imply she's a star attraction. But come on, you never call a woman, "Shamu"!

Dorma said, "Are you calling me old or fat? Don't talk. I am NOT fat. I am undertall!" "That was funny everyone, LAUGH!"

Paige Turner suggest he ask for World Peace and DH said, "THAT NEVER HAPPENS!"

When the topic got on politics, it was time to go!

We were at HS on Dec 13 and 15 and saw street acts both times, can't remember exact times, but it was daylight. :ssst:

They were all hilarious! My favorite were the man and woman (sorry don't know names) who wrote holiday cards. They'd ask a few questions of people in the crowd, then make up poems on the spot, typing them on a typewriter, ending each card with "HAAAAPPY HOLIDAYS!". The poems were hilarious and so creative. Love the improv.

I hope these acts stick around! They add so much to the atmosphere of the park, and I love "stumbling" upon them and interacting with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter