DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish there was one more attraction in toy story land even if it a copy of one of the rides from Paris. DHS needs more attractions period.

Agree - I am disappointed in this also. Technically I guess there WILL be three attractions since TSMM is part of the land. But I agree even with this and the 2 rides in Star Wars land the park will still feel like it's short of a full park.

SWL, not so much.

It only makes sense since TSL is targeted about a year in front of SWL. It's pretty likely that they will shift crews as they finish in TSL over to SWL. So when the foundation construction in TSL is complete - they move the foundation crew to SWL. Then structural, then mechanical/electrical..etc... I mean, maybe I'm wrong in that, but that's the way I would think you would do it if you are staggering the opening of these two lands.

The question for me, is whether they are building infrastructure to add a few more attractions somewhere down the line.

I just wish there was one more attraction in toy story land even if it a copy of one of the rides from Paris. DHS needs more attractions period.
The green alien ride is not a copy from Paris, I think I heard it's going to be one of the two flat rides in cars land. Wish they were bringing the copy's over though, even if that screws the skyline

The green alien ride is not a copy from Paris, I think I heard it's going to be one of the two flat rides in cars land. Wish they were bringing the copy's over though, even if that screws the skyline
I didn't say it was a copy. I said toy story land needs more attractions even if those additional attractions would be from Paris.

I think ultimately, the carrying capacity is what is important with these rides, along with the additional capacity of Toy Story Mania. They need to gobble up the people in this park. I think they certainly could be well served by adding some type of show to absorb many people at once like Lights, Motor, Action.

Correct - it's similar to the Mater's Junkyard Jamboree. Which is not a "spinner" ride like dumbo nor a "teacup" ride like..well..mad teacups, but a "whip" ride, where a portion of the vehicle moves on a track while the car you sit in moves behind it and gets "whipped" around. The original "Whip" rides had the main track that went in a oval, while the cars were on the outside.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Whip_(ride)

Mater's uses a figure 8 type track (or actually one with THREE circles so not sure how to describe it - a "triple loop"?) that the car moves around the three circles, while the "whip" car that you are sitting in tails behind.

I personally think it's a lot more fun than a traditional spinner ride like Dumbo, or a teacup style ride. Teacups are either boring if you don't spin the car, or nauseating if you do. The whip is just a little bit of a thrill without adding that extra layer of motion sickness. There also isn't a single "Whip" attraction in WDW.

It only makes sense since TSL is targeted about a year in front of SWL. It's pretty likely that they will shift crews as they finish in TSL over to SWL. So when the foundation construction in TSL is complete - they move the foundation crew to SWL. Then structural, then mechanical/electrical..etc... I mean, maybe I'm wrong in that, but that's the way I would think you would do it if you are staggering the opening of these two lands.

This would only make sense if they only have enough people to work on one project at a time, which I doubt is the case. A lot of this work is subcontracted to local contractors so unless everyone is fully booked they could have crews working on both at the same time.

This would only make sense if they only have enough people to work on one project at a time, which I doubt is the case. A lot of this work is subcontracted to local contractors so unless everyone is fully booked they could have crews working on both at the same time.

They could - but I'm suggesting they may find it simpler to have a single crew - and then move that crew from one job to the other. Not in the know or anything, just an idea as to why they are doing it the way they are. Of course, it might also be the case that TSL is much more simplistic so it'll just be done faster, but just because a theme is more simplistic does not actually make it easier to implement.

Of course, it might also be the case that TSL is much more simplistic so it'll just be done faster, but just because a theme is more simplistic does not actually make it easier to implement.
I think this is the case. There are multiple contractors that Disney uses and there are plenty out there to build both lands at the same time.

I think this is the case. There are multiple contractors that Disney uses and there are plenty out there to build both lands at the same time.
Disney has zero motivation to finish both lands at the same time. It would be a huge mistake by a company like this. Sure as a fan you want it, but realistically, that would be a huge mistake on their part.

Disney has zero motivation to finish both lands at the same time.
Interesting comment. I believe that its pretty accurate too. By opening one land at a time, Disney gets two PR bumps when they open. That helps with marketing and attendance.

Disney has zero motivation to finish both lands at the same time. It would be a huge mistake by a company like this. Sure as a fan you want it, but realistically, that would be a huge mistake on their part.
Even as a fan I don't expect them to get both of these lands done at the same time.

If you tried to do both at once, in the same park....and announced it, you would have epic overcrowding. People would also delay reservations I think to ensure they'd be there for that event. For those that do annual trips, it works out to have new content every visit for a while which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter