• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS Opening @ 8:30

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
For anyone at WDW now,there are reports that DHS is opening unannounced at 8:30 with the major attractions open for business-including TSMM!:)

No info as to how long this will last,if it will be everyday,etc.:)

Very interesting, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup2. We are leaving on Saturday but we are not heading to the world until 1/22 (going on a cruise first) so I will keep an eye out for this while we are there....if it is still going on :goodvibes.

I really really hope DHS opens at 8:30, when we go. I'll make it a point to get there early, just in case. :yay:

I read this on easywdw today, they seem to be testing this instead of a rope drop. There is an article of it on there with pics.

They did this during the Star Wars Weekend we were at, last May. We got there early and the gates were already open.

I was just there on Sunday and we were definitely let in early. I'm not sure of the time but it was before 9 when they were advertised to be opened. The marathon was happening so we didn't know if that was why or not.

Thanks! We have 8 am reservations for H&V so I don't know if opening at 8:30 will be good for us :confused3 BUT we loved the H&V breakfast last time :thumbsup2

Hmm... I wonder how that will effect EMH in the morning there? We are doing a weekend in Feb and planned on doing the EMH on Saturday morning.

Yes! They did this last month (we were there Dec. 22, I think). They let us in right around 8:30, a total surprise. We were expecting an additional rope farther up somewhere, but nope. We walked right on RnRC and then ToT. We were through with both by 9am!!!

Thanks! I just read Josh's article-hilarious as usual :) Does anyone know how this compares to DHS opening on EMH mornings? I was planning on doing it next week just to avoid the TSM madness, but if I don't have to, even better!

Yes - we were there on Tuesday and were surprised to get in at 8:30. Rode TSMM 3 times before 9. It was great!!

Thank you for the info. Our last few times we didn't get to finish the all of DHS we missed the LMA show (because of the Power Ranges, DS loves PR, and in no way we were gonna miss that) :laughing:. Also have not rode TSMM yet we missed the FP window. So there is no missing it this trip. :thumbsup2

Also have not rode TSMM yet we missed the FP window.

There's no way you should have missed the FP window.

FP's remain valid through the end of the day they are issued.

For instance, if your FP Ticket had a window of, say, 1:45PM to 2:45PM, you could have used that FP anytime starting at 1:45PM... all the way until the park closed that evening.

Thanks! We have 8 am reservations for H&V so I don't know if opening at 8:30 will be good for us :confused3 BUT we loved the H&V breakfast last time :thumbsup2

Has me re-thinking my H & V ADR now too.

Has me re-thinking my H & V ADR now too.

Interesting.
I was finally able to get an 8:05 H&V spot a 2 days ago for our trip on March 3rd after checking for it over and over. I was thrilled to finally get it. But now I don't think I want it...
Curious to see if this continues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter