DHS Park Pass Strategy?

MediumSizedMermaid

Earning My Ears
Hi! I searched and couldn't find a thread covering this, so hopefully it's not a repeat.

Has anyone had any luck going back and getting a DHS Park Pass on days initially listed as full? What worked for you? When did more availability seem to open?

WDW hasn’t seemed to add availability to a full park for at least a month, unfortunately. So as far as being able to obtain a park pass, they’ll only become available if someone cancels a trip, so you basically have to keep checking for availability

Unfortunately a lot of people are in the same boat, because this is the most popular park right now. All you can do is keep checking the calendar, even if it says availability is full. The calendar is not updated in real time, so you might be able to get lucky and snag a pass that someone has dropped.

May the force be with you.

I just bought tickets yesterday for my spur of the moment trip 4/24-5/1. We are only going to the parks for two days. I was able to get all 5 of us reservations for HS on Monday 4/26 and AK on 4/29. Both parks had no reservations for both those days. I just keep refreshing and did each person individually. It worked great! Took me about 18 hours of on and off checking to score all the passes I wanted. We plan to hop To EP on Monday night and MK on Thursday afternoon. Making the most of the two days.

Remember the first rule of the calendar: it exists to make things easier for Disney.

A disaster for Disney is if someone looks at the calendar, sees the availability they want, buys tickets, and by the time they go to book the park passes they are gone.

An easy situation for Disney is someone with tickets sees no availability, tries anyway, and is pleasantly surprised to get the park they want.

So Disney is showing days as unavailable when they actually still have a small percentage of reservations available, and the only way to find out the truth is to try to book a park pass reservation for a sold out park. I got 5 reservations in 10 minutes on Friday for parks that showed as sold out on the calendar including 1 day at DHS.

Good luck.

Thanks so much! My family only has one days though, going tomorrow, and calendar is showing no availability so I can't cancel their current park reses without taking a risk. I'll probably try calling late tonight like 9 or 10 and checking the site late at night and early AM.

I've also seen some reports this week as it's been rainy that parks are showing green in the morning same day.

Hi! I searched and couldn't find a thread covering this, so hopefully it's not a repeat.

Has anyone had any luck going back and getting a DHS Park Pass on days initially listed as full? What worked for you? When did more availability seem to open?
I just went in and booked each person individually for HS and it worked! There are four of us and together I could not book HS but separate we all got a reservation. Good luck!

If a person with an annual pass tries to make a reservation together with others that do not have an annual pass for a park that is full (the AP person makes all reservations), since there is annual pass availability, will it allow park passes for the entire group?

PSA Park Pass availability seems to have opened WAY up. I got DHS for both my dates in June no problem. Check the calendar though because some days are already going yellow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter