DHS, perfect time to eat Table Service meal?

Happyjen27

DIS Veteran
I thought I had my DHS day all planned.

We have 8 AM ADRs at Hollywood and Vine for the sole purpose of being IN the park when it opens, so we can make a beeline for TSM.

Now I'm reading that the park is opening 15-30 minutes before the posted time. If we're starting breakfast a character breakfast at 8 AM, the crowd waiting at the gate will beat us to the ride!

So, if we become part of the early at the gate crowd, what is the perfect time for a sit down meal?

I'm travelling with my DH, 5 yo twins and MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL. We will be there the first week of December. We hope to accomplish the following things on this DHS day:

TSM
ToT
RnRc
Star Tours

(the 5 year olds will play at Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play area with MIL while we ride ToT and RnRc)

We will have already spent a half day at DHS earlier in the week (on arrival day) to catch the Lights, Motors, Action show (my DS's Must have for the trip) and any other shows that are on, or hop-rides with low waits.

Also factoring in is my wish to be back at the Poly by around 2 PM so we can all nap and be ready for the parade and wishes at the MK.

My main motivation for even thinking of a sit down meal at DHS is because I hear all of the QS there are just plain icky. We're already having a QS at DHS on our first half day. But, this trip is about rides, not food, so if it isn't reasonable to get those 4 objectives complete AND include a sit down meal, I'll have to ditch the TS meal. Or just have the 8 AM breakfast and get to TSM after the gate crowd does.

Any advice as to if a TS meal is feasible, and if so, what time? I've checked, and there are late breakfast (10 or 11 AM) open at H&V, and openings at 50's PT for lunch time.

Having the H&V ADR even if the park didn't open early won't really help you. I'd cancel it. What you have planned is very do-able on half a day in December and then some. I hate all QS at DHS so I would eat breakfast at your resort on the way over and snack and eat when you leave. You should be well done before noon with those few things you want to do.

If you decide to do TS and eat there 50's PT is one of our favorite, good food, fun interaction and a nice experience, you could do what you want to do and eat lunch there with some time to spare probably before 2. I'd make the lunch ADR at 1130 or 12 and I'd check the time for TSM FP's before you eat and grab another one if you can to swing one more ride on the way out.

We always try to get an 11-11:30 ADR at Sci-Fi. The kids always like to sit in the car and eat and watch the silly old movie trailers and ads. Sometime we only get milk shakes and appetizers, but it is fun and different than most other experiences.

If you aren't set on characters, I'd suggest a lunch at 50's PTC at 11:30 or noon. When we were there in May, we were at the turnstiles around 8:30, but were still kind of far back in the line. They opened the turnstiles at 8:45. We made a beeline for TSM, grabbed FPs (only a couple people in front of us for FP), rode TSM standby and were out of there by 9:10. We headed over to RnRC next, rode that and TOT and were done with all those a little after 10:00. That would give you some time to ride Star Tours and meet some characters before your lunch ADR.

Your best bet to eat at any restaurant on WDW is to do it on off-times - first breakfast seating, early lunch (11ish), early dinner (4ish). Have a late night ice cream or other snack to offset the early meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter