DHS Rope drop line cutting experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertical

Mouseketeer
My family and I were at DHS on Thursday. We got there a little bit before 6:00, went through bag check right at 6:00 and was first at a tapstile. We planned this trip late, so we knew we wanted to be up front to ride MFSR. We were let in a minute after 7:00 and speed walked to Star Wars. We were in the front of the pack right in front of cast members. We stood there for about 30 minutes chatting with cast members. We were happy with our good luck in being right up front. But what happened next surprised me and it was something that I was shocked was condoned by the higher up cast members there. A friend of one of the cast members came up to her and they started talking. I didn’t think anything of it at first. But the cast member disappeared for a few minutes and returned with 6 other friends/family and put them in front of the line in front of the people standing directly to our right. I immediately said something to the two cast members in front of us. They were just as surprised and one went to talk to a supervisor. She came back and nothing was done. So I said to the CM who started this and asker her directly, ”Did you just seriously just let your friends and family cut the line?” She made a face and said, “yeah.” The part that bothers me most is that this could have turned into an ugly scene had the people around not been level headed. Although after I confronted her it was clear no one in the crowd was ok with it. I’m disappointed that Disney essentially condoned their employee breaking line cutting rules. We got up early to be where we were. In my opinion those who know a cast member shouldn’t be given any privilege over another.

I have seen something similar. I assumed that the ‘queue jumpers’ were other CMs and their friends/family. It grates but I hope that it didn’t spoil your day.

You never know what’s going on behind the scenes. When I was going through cancer treatment there were several cm who created magical moments for me. Could have been a circumstance you weren’t aware of.
Do you know, that didn’t even cross my mind. Thank you for sharing.

You never know what’s going on behind the scenes. When I was going through cancer treatment there were several cm who created magical moments for me. Could have been a circumstance you weren’t aware of.
You are right. It could have been something like that, but based on her reaction to my question and her interaction with the group, the impression that was given was that these were her family and friends. (The CM and one of the girls looked like sisters. Could have been a coincidence.) If it was a special circumstance she could have simply said something like “yes, but there is a special reason” and I think everyone may have understood. Instead we all felt that “yeah, I‘m helping them get to the front. What can you do about it?” Since it was approaching 8:00 all of our attention started to move towards getting ready for Boarding Groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter