DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

This is one of my concerns as well (no so much the kids and booster issue) but it does sound like the resort buses to HS have been starting early. Where as the minnie vans start at 6:30, but probably only a few available that early in the day. Your best bet might to use the buses. The MDE app now provides you with the bus arrival times with reports from this thread that some of the buses are noted to be starting just before 6am.

Ok thank you. Just makes me nervous spending so much money & having to rely on someone else to get me there!

Well... I stopped a random person from the Internet (@kat_lh) but that's because we were waiting in an 8 minute SDD line, turns out she and her fam were right behind us, and I recognized her daughter's big bow on her shirt from a pic that AM. Figured I should at least say hi! :-)

I did see @AngiTN there too.

@Tigger in a kilt - you didn't happen to be at AKL did you? DW met some folks there from Scotland before I arrived and said they were a hoot.

Sorry, that wasn’t us - we did go to AKL for lunch but aren’t staying there until later this week. The Scottish schools are on holiday right now, and Disney had some great U.K. deals for this time of year, so there are a lot of us here at the moment!

If @AngiTN was there then I definitely saw her. In fact, I accidentally held her hand in the queue for SDD! So, Angi, the woman who put her hand on yours on the railing was me. :wave:

If there were something like 1-4 openings I would say people cancelled. This is sounding suspicious for more slots being added >:(. I really hope I'm wrong, I would love for it to be just large groups canceling.

I hope you are wrong too, but I am scared you aren't. I was fine reading the recent reports about wait times because our wish list for the event is pretty low (1x each ride and each character meet, hopefully with the chance for adults to both take a turn on SDD since DD4 won't ride). But if things are already close to that limit and they are adding even more slots, I am starting to wonder if it will actually be worth the cost. We could sleep in a little bit, get there at RD, save almost $600 for our party of 7, and ride everything except SDD and hopefully meet the characaters for just a little more time, which we have now since the Disney Junior show won't be running yet. Since the 4 year old isn't interested in SDD anyway, it may not be worth it if they are overselling it. I will keep watching the reviews. I am also worried about the crowds for the expanded MK EMM, but I won't be able to judge off the reviews since we are going the second date it is offered.

I hope you are wrong too, but I am scared you aren't. I was fine reading the recent reports about wait times because our wish list for the event is pretty low (1x each ride and each character meet, hopefully with the chance for adults to both take a turn on SDD since DD4 won't ride). But if things are already close to that limit and they are adding even more slots, I am starting to wonder if it will actually be worth the cost. We could sleep in a little bit, get there at RD, save almost $600 for our party of 7, and ride everything except SDD and hopefully meet the characaters for just a little more time, which we have now since the Disney Junior show won't be running yet. Since the 4 year old isn't interested in SDD anyway, it may not be worth it if they are overselling it. I will keep watching the reviews. I am also worried about the crowds for the expanded MK EMM, but I won't be able to judge off the reviews since we are going the second date it is offered.

I am going to continue to watch reviews as well .. ours for our family of 5 is $388 or so ....not wanting to waste money if its not what it was in the beginning with super short waits.

The reports I've read of some guests being unhappy with wait times for rides and characters at certain times during the event, and the speculation that WDW is adding extra tickets to sold out dates, rather than hard capping attendance, is really disappointing. We aren't going until March, so there are a few months to go during which I hope TPTB iron out some of these issues. In the mean time, I hope people who aren't happy with their experience make sure they contact guest relations and don't just complain online. If they don't receive the negative feedback about overselling events, management will never rethink numbers. In fact, they may continue to creep them up.
YES! This!

We are going there in late April, early May.
I will book for our family but will be watching more reviews as they come.
If we don't get the impression that we can do SDD 3-5 times plus 1-2 times for TSM, AS2, and character meets, then this would definitely be not worth it for us.

Getting 1 x each ride + character meets is easily doable without EMM using pre-booked and day of fastpasses (still have to wait for characters, but doable).

We are going there in late April, early May.
I will book for our family but will be watching more reviews as they come.
If we don't get the impression that we can do SDD 3-5 times plus 1-2 times for TSM, AS2, and character meets, then this would definitely be not worth it for us.

Getting 1 x each ride + character meets is easily doable without EMM using pre-booked and day of fastpasses (still have to wait for characters, but doable).

Agree .. that is what we would expect for paying that much money!

Sorry, that wasn’t us - we did go to AKL for lunch but aren’t staying there until later this week. The Scottish schools are on holiday right now, and Disney had some great U.K. deals for this time of year, so there are a lot of us here at the moment!

If @AngiTN was there then I definitely saw her. In fact, I accidentally held her hand in the queue for SDD! So, Angi, the woman who put her hand on yours on the railing was me. :wave:
I do remember that! I love meeting others (ran in to another Dis'er at Epcot during that trip) Even though we didn't officially meet, hi back at ya!

Ugh! That's our date as well. Lets just hope those extra people don't have a plan in place.
Our date (29th October) also now has availability when it was definitely sold out before (I only checked last week, just to see how busy it would be - my logic being if it was sold out then it would be busy!). It would allow me to book up to 14 people. So either lots of people booked it "just in case" and have subsequently cancelled, or Disney has opened up more tickets :-( It was only coming up with the 7am time, not 7.30am.

Our date (29th October) also now has availability when it was definitely sold out before (I only checked last week, just to see how busy it would be - my logic being if it was sold out then it would be busy!). It would allow me to book up to 14 people. So either lots of people booked it "just in case" and have subsequently cancelled, or Disney has opened up more tickets :-( It was only coming up with the 7am time, not 7.30am.

I am waiting to see a review from someone that went this morning!! Havent seen any yet though. If Disney thinks they are slick opening up more & more reservations & people have to wait 15-20 min for slinky dog then i assume people will cancel their reservations. I know 15 min is a GREAT time for slinky dog BUT when you are paying that much money ... its not that great

I am waiting to see a review from someone that went this morning!! Havent seen any yet though. If Disney thinks they are slick opening up more & more reservations & people have to wait 15-20 min for slinky dog then i assume people will cancel their reservations. I know 15 min is a GREAT time for slinky dog BUT when you are paying that much money ... its not that great

Yep. a 20 min wait would be great for anytime during a regular park day, but not during a paid event that only lasts an hour and 15 min!

Well, you all will at least have a review from December 19th. I am expecting busy. They opened the 7am time slot and if they are selling even more than it will be even busier. However, it is not going to be as busy as the rest of that week and following Christmas week... so I'll do it. ;)

Two questions...

1-If they open a second time slot, is there any chance TPTB will open the rides at 7 instead of 7:30am. This would make for a really early morning but might give more opportunity to ride?

2-What do you do the afternoon of EMM at TSL. I am thinking of saving all my FP for another park. Maybe hop to MK? Thoughts?

Two questions...

1-If they open a second time slot, is there any chance TPTB will open the rides at 7 instead of 7:30am. This would make for a really early morning but might give more opportunity to ride?

2-What do you do the afternoon of EMM at TSL. I am thinking of saving all my FP for another park. Maybe hop to MK? Thoughts?

With the caveat that this event is in its relative infancy and we’re still developing a “body of work” with exact procedures.... so far the land has opened in the 7:20-7:30 range for all dates.

What did we do in the afternoon? We headed to MCO since it was our departure day. But if we had not had to leave, we would have hopped to Epcot. DHS still doesn’t really have enough to keep our attention for very long (note, for context my kids are 8 and 4 and other than TSL, DHS has historically been our least favorite park).

Two questions...

So far they are sending people to eat early when they open up the 7:00 am slots and TLS still doesn't open until just before 7:30.

We are also planning on saving our FP's for another park and hopping after we're done at DHS.

Two questions...

Re question 2, I've planned a trip to Epcot for after TSL EMM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter