DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Ah this that's thrown a spanner in the works!

Our HS day was meant to be a Monday and we have a Sci-fi reservation in the afternoon. Should we swap our park day and try and get the reservation again?

There is no way I'm paying for EMM.

Our fastpass day is tomorrow so need to decide fast!

Why would you need to swap your Park day if you’re not doing EMM?

Thanks so much! On the link, it says nonrefundable, but in guest policies it states there is a 1 day cancellation policy. This is probably true considering EMM is refundable at MK, right? A little bit on the fence about booking unless there is a cancellation policy. Thanks!

Booked 10/29, and my email says 1-day cancellation policy.

This happens on our Epcot day.

Would it be weird to do this and then hop to Epcot for the rest of the day? I really don’t want to have to switch days since I have all of my ADRs set.

Of course, I have the JBJB dessert party that evening, so I guess I’d be hopping back and forth.

Or I could just be a normal person and switch park days. :rolleyes:

We are hopping to Epcot after this, then coming back to HS for fireworks, etc

Easy to hop b/n EP & HS since they’re so close

Last edited:

We are also going to the 11/8 MVMCP! I was tempted by the JBJB dessert party but decided against it in part to justify adding another EMM. I find more value in 1 hour of rides/characters with low crowds vs. desserts and a prime fireworks viewing spot. We had luck last year finding a spot for the Star Wars fireworks pretty close to showtime - not as good as the dessert party location of course, but good enough. I had booked the Holiday Wishes dessert party for 11/8 but cancelled it for the same reasons. 3 of our party will be thrilled to ride 7DMT and SDD as many times as possible. DD7 says she is going to ride them this time, but was too scared on our last trip, so if she backs out we will just take turns taking her on Peter Pan/Pooh/TSM/AS2.

Wonder if I’m the future the dates will
Roll out with more notice. Would be nice to know if it’s offered by the 180 day mark!!

I was just about to book this for 11/7 (was planning HS for that day anyway), but I checked my Touring plans crowd level prediction, and it is a 1/10. The rides in Toy Story Land are the main ones we want to do there. My kids don't want to do the big rides at all, or the shows. My fast pass window does not open for another 10 days or so.... Decisions, Decisions! Any thoughts on the Touring Plan accuracy? If it's truly a 1/10, I don't know if this is worth it?

I agree that 1/10 crowd level is hard to believe. I will be there that week too, so I hope it turns out to be accurate, but I’m skeptical. However, even with relatively low crowds, isn’t there pretty much always a long line for SDD? We want to ride SDD several times and that doesn’t seem possible without EMM, even on a low crowds day.

I just booked this for Wednesday 10/17 :cool1:

I am slightly worried that it falls the day after our MNSSHP night, but I think we'll be ok since it's the beginning of our vacation and we should still have lots of energy!

We were planning on spending the day at EPCOT so I guess we'll just hop over there afterwards ::yes::

Considering booking this on 9/17 but we have tickets for MNSSHP the night before so I’m not sure it’s a good idea to drag my 6 year old out of bed that early after a late night!

We are going on 10/17, the morning after we do MNSSHP on 10/16. But we are two adults so hopefully there won't be any whining!

I would have done this, but Monday is AK day, and Wednesday is Epcot day, oh well. I have too many reservations already. I was seriously considering park hopping on those days, but it means losing either Tusker house or ohana, so nope!

Too bad no Tuesday or Friday when I will be at HS

We just booked this for our EPCOT day. It actually works perfectly since it's so easy to get to EPCOT from DHS. We'll head over there after breakfast. Our first FP at EPCOT is at 1:55pm.

Wonder if I’m the future the dates will
Roll out with more notice. Would be nice to know if it’s offered by the 180 day mark!!

I'd love to know this, too. I have a 4 day trip in March and would love to have my ducks in a row!

My guess is ABC Commissary, but that is just a guess.

I'm hopeful the breakfast selections are better than advertised. I'm not picky, just eggs and bacon!

I would prefer some eggs too. I know DH will be happy they are serving fried chicken since he only gets that when we head south. The MK EMM breakfast was really good, I hope it's more like that.

We’ll be hopping to EPCOT after the EMM on 10/1 :) we have all our FPs booked so I don’t want to change park days. Our first FP is for Frozen from 9:30-10:30 so I figure we’ll do EMM, eat around 9:00 and head to EPCOT around 9:45.
We are doing something similar but probably won't hop to Epcot until around 1130 or so with early afternoon Epcot Fp.

Any ideas on rope drop after EMM? I'm thinking a couple rides on Star Tours as we have littles who don't want to do RNRC. Then have breakfast around 930-940

We are doing something similar but probably won't hop to Epcot until around 1130 or so with early afternoon Epcot Fp.

Any ideas on rope drop after EMM? I'm thinking a couple rides on Star Tours as we have littles who don't want to do RNRC. Then have breakfast around 930-940

That sounds like a good plan! My DS was slightly over 38” in May when we were down so I’m not sure if he’ll hit 40” by October or not. We’re extremely limited in what we can do at DHS right now but if he was tall enough we’d probably head to ToT. Star Tours makes me queasy, I don’t do well on those types of rides lol but my DH would probably take him. We haven’t been going to HS much the past few years just because of how limited we are but DS is super excited to ride SDD, so I’m hoping he’ll get his fix during the EMM because I only got 2 FP for it on other days.

Yeah I'm thinking ToT or Star Tours too at rope drop should be pretty easy (and Jedi sign up depending on when that can be done). What time do Character meets usually open? Can probably get to those early too then!

Booked for 11/7! It was already our planned HS day and I love the idea of really taking the time to explore on our first time in Toy Story Land!

I think our plan for rope drop will be Jedi Training sign up (DS is 9 so will likely be the last year he wants to do it) and hopefully a few trips on Star Tours. Figure the non-EMM rope droppers will be headed to Toy Story Land so Star Tours should be pretty empty. Think I'll save my fast passes for Epcot that evening.

I am curious where the non-EMM rope drop crowd will be positioned and where we will have access to be at rope drop. I'd love to go get a quick ride in at RNR before heading to breakfast, but I worry we will be swimming upstream and end up behind a huge non-EMM rope drop crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter