• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

And see, I’m the opposite. It’s worth it for my family. I have a 2 year old...I was planning to do TSMM, AS2, and the character meet anyway. Being able to do these with minimal wait will be nice. I think he is tall enough for SDD, so we will also be able to do that with minimal wait if he wants to ride. And if he doesn’t want to, my husband and I can both take a turn. Having a breakfast is nice for us too. We don’t stay in the parks late...the kid just doesn’t last that long yet.

This event will definitely have different “worth” to different families.

It's funny because I belong to a Facebook group and I'm the only one who seems to think it's worth it. Everyone saying, oh but the lines are less than an hour anyway....15 minutes in line with a 2 year old is too long. So I will gladly pay this to make everything a walk on.

Same here! Our 2 yo DD is tall enough but not ready for SDD, but will love the other two! I am planning to split the time between family time, my SDD time, and my DH's SDD time with the other parent repeating TSMM and AS2 as many times as possible! Worth it as long as the breakfast is edible.

TBH I wouldn't do this if SDD is not in my plans to do.
same day fastpasses are very common for TSMM and AS2 (multiple times), so not really worth the money IMO.
same applies to MK EMM if 7dmt is not something i want to do.

Same here! Our 2 yo DD is tall enough but not ready for SDD, but will love the other two! I am planning to split the time between family time, my SDD time, and my DH's SDD time with the other parent repeating TSMM and AS2 as many times as possible! Worth it as long as the breakfast is edible.

Hi there! Just curious, how do you know your daughter isn’t ready for SDD? I’m debating what to do with my son. If he says he doesn’t want to ride, that’s fine. If he says he does, I’m not sure whether or not to let him. I’ve shown him videos and he says he wants to ride, but I’m not sure whether or not that will change when he actually sees it.

My just turned 4 year old has recently become obsessed with Toy Story. I got great FP for SDD but this is going to be so worth it for our family. I hope the character M&G are awesome because that’s a great benefit. And if they throw in JTA signups - so worth it. We would spend about half the cost of EMM on a PPO breakfast at H&V to get JTA early so from a Disney financial standpoint (lol) this makes sense for us.

Hi there! Just curious, how do you know your daughter isn’t ready for SDD? I’m debating what to do with my son. If he says he doesn’t want to ride, that’s fine. If he says he does, I’m not sure whether or not to let him. I’ve shown him videos and he says he wants to ride, but I’m not sure whether or not that will change when he actually sees it.

I wouldn't say I know for sure, but I am guessing it won't happen this trip. She is a cautious kid and she was ok on Barnstormer last December (at 23 months), but didn't want to go again when we asked that day and others. Based on that and what I have read, I think we will try SDMT next. I think she would be more excited with the dark ride section in the middle and not feeling like it is as high. We may give SDD a try, but will see what she says. So tough with somewhat tall kiddos, I think. I should try videos. Has your sone done similar rides before?

I wouldn't say I know for sure, but I am guessing it won't happen this trip. She is a cautious kid and she was ok on Barnstormer last December (at 23 months), but didn't want to go again when we asked that day and others. Based on that and what I have read, I think we will try SDMT next. I think she would be more excited with the dark ride section in the middle and not feeling like it is as high. We may give SDD a try, but will see what she says. So tough with somewhat tall kiddos, I think. I should try videos. Has your sone done similar rides before?

He hasn’t, which is what makes it a little hard to tell what he will think. The last time we went, he was 18 months and there’s a big difference between an 18 month old and a kid who is days away from turning 3. I’d planned to try the Mine Train first, but this DHS EMM is on the first day of our trip. I guess if he says he wants to ride and ends up hating it, it’ll be over fast?!?!

My 4 year old is toy story obsessed and talked about SDD daily. TSMM is her favorite ride (we haven’t been since TsL opened). EMM is absolutely worth it for our first family of 4 because I know my kids will want to ride everything multiple times and as much as possible possible.

My just turned 4 year old has recently become obsessed with Toy Story. I got great FP for SDD but this is going to be so worth it for our family. I hope the character M&G are awesome because that’s a great benefit. And if they throw in JTA signups - so worth it. We would spend about half the cost of EMM on a PPO breakfast at H&V to get JTA early so from a Disney financial standpoint (lol) this makes sense for us.

Totally wondering about JTA too. I’m all anxious about getting a spot for both this and SDD, so if this would get both taken care of would be fantastic. I’d love to sign up before heading to TSL so I can fully enjoy without worrying about signing up.

Just booked it for 9/17 as well....and the one in fantasyland the week earlier........so looking forward to them both.....roll on September!

Just booked our family of 5 plus grandparents this morning for 10/24. We did the HS EMM in October 2016 (when they had it last) and it was definitely worth it. For this with a new land I feel good about it...just ignoring how much it adds up to be for 7 people!

Ha! Just booked 10/31 AND doing MNSSHP the same night. I plan to go to this event, maybe grab another ride or 2, then go chill out and be at MK around 3. No morning plans for 11/1 (Ivy Trellis appts at 2 PM) then Park Fare dinner then MK evening, so we can rest/sleep in in the morning.

ETA; Expensive, but allows us to focus on AK fps and we can get back over one night for the rest. Totally clears out 1 whole park day.

I booked this for Oct 31 and MNSSHP that night. Super excited. This will help in looking FOP & SDMT when my FP open!

I booked this for Oct 31 and MNSSHP that night. Super excited. This will help in looking FOP & SDMT when my FP open!
Haha, maybe that's their goal with the spotty MDE efficiently! Worried about only being able to get a couple of fps before the site goes down again takes the worry away by having this ADR. Also have an EMM for MK. Super excited for Halloween as well. Originally I had not planned to use a park ticket for this day but this changes all that, so now I will get into MK earlier. That helps with the early M&Gs.

Just booked 10/31 for my DH and I. Works out great for us. We are only at the parks for3 days and was pretty sure that we probably wouldn't get any FP for the new rides. Still a splurge but not so hateful since there's only two of us. Leaves more time for F&W :)

Just booked 9/17 for my family of 4. Hubby is not totally sold yet. We are hoping to do the DVC party a few nights later, but I am afraid that signups for that will be crazy. We have also booked the After Hours at MK for that week! We are letting our AP's expire and taking a break from WDW for a little while (planning a trip to Aulani). So, I am splurging on a few things for this trip.

Just booked 9/17 for my family of 4. Hubby is not totally sold yet. We are hoping to do the DVC party a few nights later, but I am afraid that signups for that will be crazy. We have also booked the After Hours at MK for that week! We are letting our AP's expire and taking a break from WDW for a little while (planning a trip to Aulani). So, I am splurging on a few things for this trip.

We feel the same way about the DVC event. Hope we get tickets, but this gives us another option. I try not to think of the fact that we moved our trip to accommodate the party. I’ll be glad when we can know for sure after Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter