DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I booked for November 5th. We were originally booked for the Magic Kingdom EMM on 11/4, which we are now cancelling. I am happy to avoid the stress of trying to get to MK on the marathon morning. Also my kids are more excited to ride SDD and AS2. This is super good luck for us! Maybe with the short notice the event will be less populated than usual.

What time would the park open for regular guests? I know on an non EMM day they open earlier than listed

I had a feeling that when they cancelled EMH on November 5th that they would add EMM. I can't help but feeling that it is a bit of a cash grab there, but that doesn't stop us from considering doing it. We already were going to HS on the 5th. We weren't able to get SDD fastpasses and due to the previous EMH we'd cancelled our morning breakfast reservation, so it would kill two birds with one stone for us.

I've booked the EMM for now, but I'll have to discuss with the DH and our friend going with us to make sure they're up for it.

The following language is in the confirmation e-mail: “This experience will go on rain or shine; some attraction experiences may be modified due to inclement weather“

Like with theme park tickets, MNSSHP tickets, MVMCP tickets, etc - there is a level of weather risk that we as consumers take when booking these outdoor-dependent events. It’s really buyer beware for the most part.

In reality, there have been very few reports of all out wash outs over the three year history of MK EMM. Has it happened? Sure, but not all that common. But of course, can’t bet on Mother Nature.

Ultimately, if weather is a major issue on your morning that fundamentally impacts the event, it’s not a bad idea to stop by Guest Relations to discuss. Disney has a decent track record of wanting to make things right for guests. Of course YMMV and I still think it’s best to be prepared that curve balls can always happen, but it never hurts.
I missed it and im sure it's been stated but whats the cancellation policy? Meaning, how far out can we cancel without penalty?

This is my first post, but I have been reading the thread and wanted to share our experience. I didn't do a great job remembering exact times, but hopefully it will still be helpful.

My husband and I attended on 10/22. We had the 7:30 time. I don't believe this was a sold out day.

The worst part was waiting for the bus at Pop Century. We were the first in line probably around 6:10. A bus did not come until a little after 6:40. I am 99% sure we did not miss a bus. We definitely should've taken a Lyft. We got to the entrance a few minutes after 7 and to ABC Commissary around 7:10ish. I thought we'd have a few minutes so we went to grab some pastries and go to the bathroom expecting they would rope drop around 7:20. By the time I got out of the bathroom, they had already rope dropped and by the time we could see Slinky there were already people riding. So I think the rope drop must've been around 7:15 and they let people start riding right away.

We rode SD first (short wait, maybe 5 min) then AS2 twice without getting off. I don't remember the exact order of everything, but we ended up riding AS2 x2, SD x3, and TSMM x3-4 (our favorite ride, ended up riding several more times with day of FP). Slinky wait times always seemed to be about 5 minutes or less. Others were walk-ons. The most frustrating part was trying to speed walk through the TSMM queue and being caught behind slow people. I understand some people do the event to go slow, but just move to the side if there are people trying to maximize their ride time!! I do wish they would've used the FastPass queue or let us stay on or something rather than going through the full exit and queue.

We did not do any characters - there always seemed to be at least several families in line and we prefer rides.

We left around 8:50 and got a PhotoPass picture at the entrance with no wait right as the rope drop crowds were approaching. We were able to ride RnR (nearly walk on, no preshow) and ToT and back to breakfast by around 7:30. I really enjoyed the Chicken and Doughnuts.

Overall, I really enjoyed the event; however, you have to be motivated to ride these rides multiple times for it to be worth it for you. I probably wouldn't do the MK one because those rides I enjoy, but not necessarily over and over again.

That sounds exactly like I want my morning to go....a few rides on each in TSL then a few on ToT and RnR then out of the park by 10:30 and heading to where my FP+ are waiting.

I switched my emm dhs event day from 11/7 to 11/5. THis will give us the opportunity to see tsl for the first time ever earlier in our trip and hopefully with such last minute announcement it will be lighter in crowds then 11/7 perhaps. That being said, I did have to switch one adr (breakfast for 11/5 originally) and then other things in the itinerary to accommodate because I want to hop 11/5 right away to mk until the 4:30 pm closure. originally I was going to stay at dhs 11/7 and hang out there. I will also be at emm mk on 11/6. I am just now not sure about how to get there from pop 11/5. We check out that morning from pop for a split stay so we will leave early, drop our luggage off check out and then leave for it by bus or mears. opinions please! Will there be a bus from pop to this event that early 11/5?

I see 10/29 only has 3 spots again, I'm curious to see how it is since it appeared that they opened extra spots after it sold out initially (well twice if you count back when they first added the 7:00 time). Has there been a morning yet after it seemed like more spots were opened again (maybe yesterday or tomorrow)?

I'm still debating how to best see all the characters and hope to get SDD 3-5 times, TSMM 2-3 times and AS2 2-3 times. We'll see if we can or not. Thinking AS2 then the characters then TSMM x2 then back to AS2 and then SDD until the end, and if we can do an extra AS2 or TSMM somewhere in there then bonus. That's if I can convince my boys to hold off on SDD that long. But they love TSMM so it might not be a problem.

Hi Nina, where are you able to see how many spots there are on a given day? TIA!

We are doing this event the morning after we will have been at MVMCP. Does anyone have any idea as to how long it might take us to get from MK to SSR after closing down MVMCP (most likely relying on a bus)? We are night owls, so staying up late is easy for us, but getting up early is going to be torture the next morning. I'm trying to figure out about how much sleep we will be able to get before the TSL EMM event. We want to ride SDD and couldn't get a FP, but the potential lack of sleep is making me rethink our decision to book EMM. We also have the JBJB dessert party the same night we would do TSL EMM, so it wouldn't be an early day for us.

We are doing this event the morning after we will have been at MVMCP. Does anyone have any idea as to how long it might take us to get from MK to SSR after closing down MVMCP (most likely relying on a bus)? We are night owls, so staying up late is easy for us, but getting up early is going to be torture the next morning. I'm trying to figure out about how much sleep we will be able to get before the TSL EMM event. We want to ride SDD and couldn't get a FP, but the potential lack of sleep is making me rethink our decision to book EMM. We also have the JBJB dessert party the same night we would do TSL EMM, so it wouldn't be an early day for us.

I had a similar 'issue' and I had to change my plans because we would have gotten back to SSR around 1am into our room and then need to be awake and out the door by like 6:15. So maybe 4 hours sleep... We can do early mornings but I just don't want the cranky feeling.

We are doing the same thing! I am not giving up the Christmas party, but I was not able to get FP for SDD. Our thought is that we will go to the EMM then go back to our hotel and sleep then go back to HS in the afternoon.

I don't know how long the bus will take, but lots of people leave the party after the fireworks, so the buses might not be so bad if you close down the party.

Jan 2 was our DHS day, and I just saw that EMM was added. Ugh!! How will that affect rope drop crowds? If we don’t pay for EMM, will the line for SDD already be long if we arrive early? Our trip is short, so I’m not counting on getting a FP for it.

Well I just booked this one. We're just 2 people, first I had the Fantasmic Dining Package but then I saw it opened up and I believe it will be better. Doing this in the morning actually frees up the FP slot I planned for SDD so I'll probably switch it to F!.

I think getting up early, doing TSL, then having breakfast, a couple of shows, ToT, going out to rest in the afternoon, and back to see F! Is a more relaxed and crowdless plan, as I believe Jan 2 will still be packed...

We are doing the same thing! I am not giving up the Christmas party, but I was not able to get FP for SDD. Our thought is that we will go to the EMM then go back to our hotel and sleep then go back to HS in the afternoon.

I don't know how long the bus will take, but lots of people leave the party after the fireworks, so the buses might not be so bad if you close down the party.

Thanks! If you are doing MVMCP and EMM before 12/4 and 12/5, please let me know how this plan works for you guys. Going back to rest sounds good. Just not sure I can pry the girl away once we're there. Wish we were staying at an Epcot resort!

I had a similar 'issue' and I had to change my plans because we would have gotten back to SSR around 1am into our room and then need to be awake and out the door by like 6:15. So maybe 4 hours sleep... We can do early mornings but I just don't want the cranky feeling.

I know! I wish we had a longer trip, so we could have some wiggle room. It's either do it as booked or miss SDD. So three or 4 hours sleep is what I was afraid might happen. Sounds like a nap rather than a sleep. Definitely need to think about this some more. Thanks for the feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter