• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I'm guessing they have more spots open on holidays (which sucks), but that is what it seems like based on reviews.

Definitely not. I was expected a couple hundred and I counted at least 350 in line in front of us waiting to get into the land. Our waits have been a mix of fine and longer then they should be.

I hope you’ll come back and do a full report on your experience when you get a chance. The last couple weeks’ reviews have been great, so maybe it’s an off day? I am going Jan 2 and hope they don’t oversell since it’s a crowded time already.

We were there last week. I still think the initial plan of visiting the attractions other than Slinky Dog first hold up even in crowds. The people who rushed to Slinky Dog reported that they had a 15-20 minute wait for the ride. We went around 8:15 and the first ride we waited a couple minutes but after that were just going through the queue and only waited 1 car or 2. We got in I believe 6 rides before 8:45. The restaurant was packed when we went to get food and almost every table full at 9:25, but it didn't feel bad for us at all as we started with aliens and TSMM.

I wonder if it all just depends if the available tickets sell out or not? Maybe the last few weeks when there have been great reports, all the tickets were not sold out. Maybe it all just depends on your date & if it sells out?

I hope you’ll come back and do a full report on your experience when you get a chance. The last couple weeks’ reviews have been great, so maybe it’s an off day? I am going Jan 2 and hope they don’t oversell since it’s a crowded time already.
I’ll do a full report for sure. Aliens and TSMM opened at 7:15 and Slinky not until 7:25-7:30 so I think they threw everything off bc no one could decide where to go to start.

Enjoying my breakfast right now and it is 10:15. I think....no...I know I had a blast. I think it was worth it. Side note I am solo that may have a difference with families with them.

I am staying at Pop. Was up at 6am. Check the app and bus showed 20 minutes, no set time, so I order a Lyft at 6:26. Lyft arrived at 6:34 and I arrived at HS at 6:44. At gate by 6:48 and in park by 6:51.

I did screen shots of the time as I went. That is why my times are so precise.

Decided to check the app as I walked. It said the bus would arrive at Pop at 6:58 and arrive at Hs at 7:04.

As I walked in the cast member were saying Toy Story Land would open at 7:30 and not before. No line forming at this time. I arrive at ABC by 6:56. Eats some pastries and drink some orange juice. After a bathroom break I head to the theater area by 7:10 and a line has formed. They are saying Toy Story Land will open at 7:30.

7:15 they said that Toy Story Land will open but SDD would not run until 7:30. TSM & AS2 are open. Everyone heads straight for SDD. Me and another lady with her daughter head for AS2. I was the first one on the ride! We all 3 get stickers. We got to ride it twice without getting off.

By this time it is 7:30 and I see they are still testing SDD and no one is riding. I head to TSM and characters are not out but I stop and get my photo anyway. TSM kept stopping and we have to wait. It was less than a minute each time but still after 4 times I did not want to waste more time by riding a second time. Out of TSM by 7:55 and I see people riding SDD and a long line for Woody and Jessie.

By 8:00 I am in line for SDD. I see the line is 10 minute wait. It does take 10 minutes. Get back in line now wait is now 15. Takes about 12. Get back in line...now it is up to 20 minutes. My heart sinks. I think I can get maybe 1 or 2 more rides at this point. Surprisingly I walk right on. So from 8:27 to 8:45 I ride a total of 4 more times! As I am walking out of the park by 9 the line is way out of toy story for SDD.

Not sure..but my personal thought is for the 20 minute wait they added a third train. I believe there was only two and after the 20 minute wait the wait in line was nothing.

I head to the rocking rollercoaster and after being tossed around I am out by 9:20. Head to TOT and off that by 9:40. 9:46 I am ording my food.

It is 10:40 and they still have not asked me to leave.

Order the shrimp and grits. They are outstanding. Also got the charcuterie platter. It was good. Not a fan of smoked salmon but this was good...when cold. When warmed a bit did not care for it. Just realized i did not get my egg. Oh well...I have enough food.

So
AS2...2x
TSM..1X
SDD...6X

Happy as a clamnright now!

Last edited:
Enjoying my breakfast right now and it is 10:15. I think....no...I know I had a blast. I think it was worth it. Side note I am solo that may have a difference with families with them.

I am staying at Pop. Was up at 6am. Check the app and bus showed 20 minutes, no set time, so I order a Lyft at 6:26. Lyft arrived at 6:34 and I arrived at HS at 6:44. At gate by 6:48 and in park by 6:51.

Decided to check the app as I walked. It said the bus would arrive at Pop at 6:58 and arrive at Hs at 7:04.

As I walked in the cast member were saying Toy Story Land would open at 7:30 and not before. No line forming at this time. I arrive at ABC by 6:56. Eats some pastries and drink some orange juice. After a bathroom break I head to the theater area by 7:10 and a line has formed. They are saying Toy Story Land will open at 7:30.

7:15 they said that Toy Story Land will open but SDD would not run until 7:30. TSM & AS2 are open. Everyone heads straight for SDD. Me and another lady with her daughter head for AS2. I was the first one on the ride! We all 3 get stickers. We got to ride it twice without getting off.

By this time it is 7:30 and I see they are still testing SDD and no one is riding. I head to TSM and characters are not out but I stop and get my photo anyway. TSM kept stopping and we have to wait. It was less than a minute each time but still after 4 times I did not want to waste more time by riding a second time. Out of TSM by 7:55 and I see people riding SDD and a long line for Woody and Jessie.

By 8:00 I am in line for SDD. I see the line is 10 minute wait. It does take 10 minutes. Get back in line now wait is now 15. Takes about 12. Get back in line...now it is up to 20 minutes. My heart sinks. I think I can get maybe 1 or 2 more rides at this point. Surprisingly I walk right on. From 8:27 to 8:45 I ride 4 more times! As I am walking out of the park by 9 the line is way out of toy story for SDD.

Not sure..but my personal thought is for the 20 minute wait they added a third train. I believe there was only two and after the 20 minute wait the wait in line was nothing.

I head to the rocking rollercoaster and after being tossed around I am out by 9:20. Head to TOT and off that by 9:40. 9:46 I am ording my food.

Order the shrimp and grits. They are outstanding. Also got the charcuterie platter. It was good. Not a fan of smoked salmon but this was good...when cold. When warmed a bit did not care for it. Just realized i did not get my egg. Oh well...I have enough food.

So
AS2...2x
TSM..1X
SDD...6X

That was me and my little with you on Aliens!!

By 8:00 I am in line for SDD. I see the line is 10 minute wait. It does take 10 minutes. Get back in line now wait is now 15. Takes about 12. Get back in line...now it is up to 20 minutes. My heart sinks. I think I can get maybe 1 or 2 more rides at this point. Surprisingly I walk right on. From 8:27 to 8:45 I ride 4 more times! As I am walking out of the park by 9 the line is way out of toy story for SDD.

So
AS2...2x
TSM..1X
SDD...6X

Thank you for the very detailed review! Love it!

I'm a little confused and a tiny bit short on time -
There are 7am and also 7:30am start times? Is this for EVERY dhs emm - like on the same day? Or are folks with 7:30 am start times allowed to enter way early at 7am? I was on the fence since it was only Toy Story Land, (a few years ago it was TSMM AND Star Tours, and we had a BLAST!) but I figure a few turns on sdd and tsmm are worth it so I booked it. I love tsmm. We have a 7:30 start time, and we are early risers, no issue getting there earlier than 7:30. I do not see a 7:00am on the date I booked. What's the deal with 7am entry?

did you end up making it over to RnR and ToT? Just curious as we were planning on heading there a 9:00 - ride those at "RD", back for breakfast and then hit star tours. Just curious if you hit those rides a little later if the waits were crazy long. A hungry kid trumps everything!

We never made it to RnR or ToT because this was our last day and we left the park after Star Tours to drive home. I did look at wait times as we walked from TSL over to ABC and RnR was posted at 15 minutes around 9:20 which definitely would have been doable if not for the hungry kids.

I'm a little confused and a tiny bit short on time -
There are 7am and also 7:30am start times? Is this for EVERY dhs emm - like on the same day? Or are folks with 7:30 am start times allowed to enter way early at 7am? I was on the fence since it was only Toy Story Land, (a few years ago it was TSMM AND Star Tours, and we had a BLAST!) but I figure a few turns on sdd and tsmm are worth it so I booked it. I love tsmm. We have a 7:30 start time, and we are early risers, no issue getting there earlier than 7:30. I do not see a 7:00am on the date I booked. What's the deal with 7am entry?

Originally HS EMM had only 7:30am bookable. Then later added the 7am slot to a lot of dates. Assumption was to add more people. It doesn't matter which you have booked if you go on a date where there is both time slots I would arrive by 7am as they start letting people in to eat and then sounds like in to TSL around 7:15-7:20ish... On a date with only the 7:30 slot I'm not sure, maybe someone else knows? They may add the 7am slot still.

Great information everyone. Kids are very interested in meeting Buzz and Woody/Jessie. Any consensus on how best to tackle this during EMM? Thanks.

By 8:00 I am in line for SDD. I see the line is 10 minute wait. It does take 10 minutes. Get back in line now wait is now 15. Takes about 12. Get back in line...now it is up to 20 minutes. My heart sinks. I think I can get maybe 1 or 2 more rides at this point. Surprisingly I walk right on. So from 8:27 to 8:45 I ride a total of 4 more times! As I am walking out of the park by 9 the line is way out of toy story for SDD.

So
AS2...2x
TSM..1X
SDD...6X

Great review, and a welcome refresher from some of the less-than-positive vibes right now around this event.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter