DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Ok... so Jessie and Woody are by TSM..is that correct??? I'll be with my DH and DS (2yo) character greets are a MUST... so if they let us in prior to 730, here is my plan of action.. does this sound like a good plan? Or should I make adjustments?? I'm not even asking for a lot!!!
Ride TSM
M &G with Woody &Jessie
Ride AS2
M& G Buzz (is he near AS2 entrance?)
Then DH can go ride SDD while I do either TSM or AS2 again with DS, and vice versa.
Then head to go meet Mickey & Minnie when RD crew heads in. Followed by breakfast at ABC.
Any adjustments?????

Ok... so Jessie and Woody are by TSM..is that correct??? I'll be with my DH and DS (2yo) character greets are a MUST... so if they let us in prior to 730, here is my plan of action.. does this sound like a good plan? Or should I make adjustments?? I'm not even asking for a lot!!!
Ride TSM
M &G with Woody &Jessie
Ride AS2
Then DH can go ride SDD while I do either TSM or AS2 again with DS, and vice versa.
Then head to go meet Mickey & Minnie when RD crew heads in. Followed by breakfast at ABC.
Any adjustments?????

Woody and Jessie are by TSMM and Buzz is by the entrance to TSL. I would just do the meet and greets right away around 7:30 when they come out if you can. The line for Woody and Jessie got super long.

Sapphirerose915, I think I remember that you and I have similar goals and similar aged kiddos for this event. My current plan is to get there early. If they let us into TSL before 7:20, I hope to ride TSM and then park ourselves in line for J & W. If we get in later than 7:20, maybe try AS2 and then get in line for J&W, or maybe just get in line for J&W. After J & W, I think we will check on the Buzz line. If it is long, probably split and send one group to SDD and the other half wait with kiddo for Buzz. If it is short, get it out of the way and then break into 2 groups to alternate SDD and AS2. Goal is to get each adult one ride on each ride and have 4 year old meet all three characters and do TSM and AS2. I really hope we can accomplish our goals. Kiddo is going back to ABC with one adult at the end of EMM (unless she gets sidetracked by Mickey and Minnie) while the other adults try to rope drop RNRC before breakfast.

Ride TSM
M &G with Woody &Jessie
Ride AS2
Any adjustments?????

Buzz meets just inside the entrance to TSL. Woody & Jessie do meet near TSMM.

When we did this event, it was my husband and I and our then-2 year old DS. I had a plan and then it went right out the window when DS ran straight for SDD when we got into TSL. He didn’t like it and didn’t want to ride again, but I figured I’d have a bigger meltdown on my hands if I hadn’t let him try it. But we were able to accomplish everything, including the character meets), and DH and I were both able to ride SDD again (while switching off AS2 and TSMM with DS). So even if your plans go awry, you should still be OK.

When we did this event, it was my husband and I and our then-2 year old DS. I had a plan and then it went right out the window when DS ran straight for SDD when we got into TSL. He didn’t like it and didn’t want to ride again, but I figured I’d have a bigger meltdown on my hands if I hadn’t let him try it. But we were able to accomplish everything, including the character meets), and DH and I were both able to ride SDD again (while switching off AS2 and TSMM with DS). So even if your plans go awry, you should still be OK.

PERFECT!!! Thank you!! I'm not sure if DS will be tall enough to ride, he is like at 37" so it will depend with shoes on lol... but I'm glad you were able to get it all done!!!!

Sapphirerose915, I think I remember that you and I have similar goals and similar aged kiddos for this event. My current plan is to get there early. If they let us into TSL before 7:20, I hope to ride TSM and then park ourselves in line for J & W. If we get in later than 7:20, maybe try AS2 and then get in line for J&W, or maybe just get in line for J&W. After J & W, I think we will check on the Buzz line. If it is long, probably split and send one group to SDD and the other half wait with kiddo for Buzz. If it is short, get it out of the way and then break into 2 groups to alternate SDD and AS2. Goal is to get each adult one ride on each ride and have 4 year old meet all three characters and do TSM and AS2. I really hope we can accomplish our goals. Kiddo is going back to ABC with one adult at the end of EMM (unless she gets sidetracked by Mickey and Minnie) while the other adults try to rope drop RNRC before breakfast.

Yes!! sounds like our goals are exactly the same!!! when are you going?????

Woody and Jessie are by TSMM and Buzz is by the entrance to TSL. I would just do the meet and greets right away around 7:30 when they come out if you can. The line for Woody and Jessie got super long.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks, this is good information for me too!!!! I want to see the characters, not sure about my 10 year old. But I have pics of him as a baby with woody and jessie I want to pair it up with :)

PERFECT!!! Thank you!! I'm not sure if DS will be tall enough to ride, he is like at 37" so it will depend with shoes on lol... but I'm glad you were able to get it all done!!!!

thanks, this is good information for me too!!!! I want to see the characters, not sure about my 10 year old. But I have pics of him as a baby with woody and jessie I want to pair it up with :)

Post #1482 on page 75 of this thread is a full review of my experience, if you’re interested!

Next went to eat and took a bit in line. Then got hot food and my husband went to buffet area and no bowls. He asked for one and was told they were closing it (about 9:50am). He was not happy. I went up and they weren’t refilling things. Barely any fruit. So that was disappointing.

This seems a little concerning. It seems that if breakfast is offered until 10 am then you should be able to get anything until that time. If they didn’t want to refill the buffet then I would think that they could have brought your husband a bowl of fruit from the back.

My family (myself, DH, and DS almost 3 years old) attended EMM this morning.

We drove ourselves and arrived a little before 6:40. At about 6:50, we were allowed into ABC Commissary. We grabbed a snack there.

We headed out toward TSL just after 7:15 and the rides were already going. I had a plan in mind, but it went right out the window when my son sprinted straight for SDD. So we rode that first. I’d say we waited less than 10 minutes. Then, we met Woody & Jessie. I didn’t time it, but I think we waited somewhere in the 10-15 minute range. That was the shortest I saw the line the entire day. After that, we rode TSMM with no wait. Then, we met Buzz. He had about a 10 minute wait. Then, my DH and DS rode AS2 with no wait (I hate any spinning type rides). After sprinting to SDD, my son ended up absolutely terrified of it. So, I rode it while DH and DS did AS2 again and DH rode it while I did TSMM with DS. At that point, the rope drop crowd arrived.

At rope drop, we chose to go meet Chewie and Olaf as those were the highest priority on DS’s list today. We went back for breakfast after we met them, probably around 9:30 or so. My husband had the chartrucerie (sp?) and enjoyed it. My son chose the scrambled eggs and ate the whole bowl of food! The cold buffet looked more appetizing to me than the hot entrees, so I did that.

Ovearall, I thought the event was a good value for our family. My son really enjoys meeting characters, and we spent the rest of the day meeting Chewie, Olaf, Goofy, Pluto, Vampirina, Sofia, and Doc McStuffins, in addition to seeing the Frozen show and Muppet Vision 3D. DH also rode Rock n Roller Coaster and we had a FP to ride TSMM again. We ate dinner and left the park around 6 pm for a total of 11 hours! We wouldn’t have been able to accomplish as much as we did without the EMM event.

I’ll be up bright and early again tomorrow for MK EMM, so look for my review over on that thread tomorrow evening!

This perfect!!! Thank you soooooo much!!!!

This seems a little concerning. It seems that if breakfast is offered until 10 am then you should be able to get anything until that time. If they didn’t want to refill the buffet then I would think that they could have brought your husband a bowl of fruit from the back.

Agreed! Not sure if it was just a person who didn’t know or what.

Slinky Dog down! Hasn't been open yet! Not good! Wait for TSM is 20 minutes since there's only 2 rides open!

Slinky down entire EMM. Still closed at ropedrop. 2 rides on RNRC and TOT before wall of people. They were held until 9 today. Someone said they were holding them to let EMM people ride since Slinky was down.

Last edited:
Slinky Dog down! Hasn't been open yet! Not good! Wait for TSM is 20 minutes since there's only 2 rides open!

Slinky down entire EMM. Still closed at ropedrop. 2 rides on RNRC and TOT before wall of people. They were held until 9 today. Someone said they were holding them to let EMM people ride since Slinky was down.

Yikes! Any compensation?

Wow! I do hope you will head to guest relations to see what kind of compensation can be ordered. Not many people are at EMM for those 2 other rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter