DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

How did they handle the food allergy? Were there allergy-friendly pastries available? Both of my kids have multiple food allergies so I've been wondering about this.

When we got there the person who greeted us called the manager out and he brought the binder. I was disappointed that they only had labels for 2 of the 6 pastries. But my DD only wanted a croissant and Froot Loops, so it was fine. There were loose nuts on the buffet but not near the pastries so we declined the offer to bring us fresh ones from the back as I thought the chance of cross contamination was pretty low. We've sometimes waited a long time for allergy info and I was particularly worried about the time issue for this event. But he was very efficient and helpful. I did not ask about Big 8 free pastries as we are only TN allergic.

Is walking the only way to get from YC to DHS that early in the morning? Or do they have buses too? Or is my only choice Uber? :) thanks!!

We met the characters when we did EMM. Woody and Jessie come out right about 7:30, so it’s best to be in line at that time to meet them. Buzz never had much of a wait the day we were there.

We did SDD once as a family. My (at the time) nearly 3 year old didn’t like it. We did TSMM as a family and DH and DS rode AS2 (I opted not to ride that one). Then, I rode SDD solo while DH and DS did AS2 again and DH rode SDD while DS and I rode TSMM again. We probably could have done more rides if it weren’t for all of the switching around, but we got to experience all of TSL and were pleased with the event. I’d do it again, but I’m not sure it will exist the next time I go as SWGE will be open at that time.
Thanks for this review! My 4 year old seems excited to ride SDD but he was scared on RSR at DL so I’m not sure if he would really like it or not. Great to know it’s still a great experience even if he doesn’t like SDD!

When we got there the person who greeted us called the manager out and he brought the binder. I was disappointed that they only had labels for 2 of the 6 pastries. But my DD only wanted a croissant and Froot Loops, so it was fine. There were loose nuts on the buffet but not near the pastries so we declined the offer to bring us fresh ones from the back as I thought the chance of cross contamination was pretty low. We've sometimes waited a long time for allergy info and I was particularly worried about the time issue for this event. But he was very efficient and helpful. I did not ask about Big 8 free pastries as we are only TN allergic.
Thanks - this is helpful information!

Just saw the August 29th opening for Star Wars, thinking my hopes for EMM for our Labor Day trip might not happen now.

Hi!! I was wondering if anyone has used Uber with the car seat option to get to the Hollywood studios that early for the event?
Did you have issues finding one that early?

I was worried with bus transportation.
We would need a car seat for a two year old if we don’t use the bus.
I’m not sure what time buses start running from art of animation....
Thanks!!
We booked a Mears car online (late) the night prior to out event. It was $19, you could reserve a car seat, and the driver showed even up a few minutes early. Mears texted us his direct telephone # that morning in case we needed to contact him. It worked perfectly and I would recommend!

Looks like I will be doing the EMM for my August trip, before Galaxy's Edge opens, so we can get all the toy story rides done. And redoing my trip's plans for the week. At least we'll get to ride Slinky dog!

Is the opinion that there will be no EMM at Toy Story Land in September? I was trying to look for it this morning before the announcement was made.

We booked a Mears car online (late) the night prior to out event. It was $19, you could reserve a car seat, and the driver showed even up a few minutes early. Mears texted us his direct telephone # that morning in case we needed to contact him. It worked perfectly and I would recommend!
Thank you! Is it the mears transportation site?

Is the opinion that there will be no EMM at Toy Story Land in September? I was trying to look for it this morning before the announcement was made.
I think there will be, just not right away. Unless they get rid of H&V PPO also, they still need to clear a way through for early morning access. And, EMM would be easier, as it is quite a bit earlier.

Imagine if TSL EMM let you get into SWGE in front of the rope drop crowd (like you can now with sunset blvd). They could double the price and still sell out.

However, like with Pandora, they may have daily 8 am openings (regular or EMH) for awhile. Obviously, EMM would have to be on hiatus until the daily 8 am openings come to an end (which they eventually will, I think).

I think there will be, just not right away. Unless they get rid of H&V PPO also, they still need to clear a way through for early morning access. And, EMM would be easier, as it is quite a bit earlier.

Imagine if TSL EMM let you get into SWGE in front of the rope drop crowd (like you can now with sunset blvd). They could double the price and still sell out.

However, like with Pandora, they may have daily 8 am openings (regular or EMH) for awhile. Obviously, EMM would have to be on hiatus until the daily 8 am openings come to an end (which they eventually will, I think).
Last year they opened toy story land early for the whole month of July

Yeah I was hoping for EMM on Sept 2 so that’s definitely not happening now. Ugh! I think we’re just going to skip HS altogether which is a bummer since SDD was the ride my kiddos were most excited about. Not sure if it’s worth hopping over there in that mess for one ride even if we could get a FP.

With the announcement of SWGE opening 8/29, Im hoping HS wont be too busy in mid-August....wishful thinking? We are going 8/14-8/21 and not SW people so Im relieved that we are missing that chaos. We are still going to do EMM for TSL because Im sure people will still be flocking to SDD at RD.

With the announcement of SWGE opening 8/29, Im hoping HS wont be too busy in mid-August....wishful thinking? We are going 8/14-8/21 and not SW people so Im relieved that we are missing that chaos. We are still going to do EMM for TSL because Im sure people will still be flocking to SDD at RD.

Probably wishful thinking. Most people’s plans are set further in advance. No doubt it won’t be as crazy then, but I wouldn’t look for a big reduction in numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter