DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I will post a more detailed review once I’ve slept, but we had a great EMM this morning! Our ride counts were on the low side due to group dynamics (c’mon, family, can’t we tour efficiently?!) but everyone got everything they wanted more than once, plus we met Woody and Jesse.

They held the rope drop crowds off late again today—it was about 8:55! Anyone who wanted got 1-2 extra rides out of that. I think our longest wait was about 12 minutes for SDD? And we did manage to do TSM back to back without walking back around, which was really nice!

It did appear in MDE that Star Tours was running during EMM, but no announcement was made and afaik no TSL rides were down, so not sure if that was true.

Thanks for the review! Did you walk there from Swan? We’re staying at YC and I’m trying to figure out how to get to EMM
YES!! we walked and it was super easy!! There is a paved path that runs along side the Boardwalk and takes you right to the front entrance of HS!!! it was a 10-12 min walk from leaving the Swan, so maybe a few more minutes added to that if you're coming from the YC..

Have a great time!!

We did EMM on 3/4. We drove to Hollywood Studios and were through the entrance at 6:53. We headed to Backlot Express and ate a little bit. We have a 5 year old that was hungry plus my husband has to eat to take his medicine. After that we went to line up at the Chinese Theater. They started laying us back at 7:23. Thanks to this board we stayed to the left and dropped off the stroller at the beginning of the land.

We headed to TSMM first. Then rode AS2. We got in line for our first Slinky Dog ride at 7:58. We rode it three times before taking a break. We then rode TSMM again. No one was in line when it was time to get off but they wouldn't let us stay on. Around 8:50 we could see the rope drop crowds heading our way so we hopped in line for 1 last Slinky ride.

We had another HS day planned for later in the week, so we headed back to breakfast. We tried a few different entrees and they were all pretty good.

We loved doing this and I think we accomplished a decent amount considering my son`s two favorite rides are TSMM and Slinky.

We didn't do the characters since my son is terrified. Our final ride count was:
TSMM x 2
AS2 x 1
SDD x 4

We could have done more but we moved at my 5 year olds pace plus had to take bathroom breaks.

We did EMM on 3/4. We drove to Hollywood Studios and were through the entrance at 6:53. We headed to Backlot Express and ate a little bit. We have a 5 year old that was hungry plus my husband has to eat to take his medicine. After that we went to line up at the Chinese Theater. They started laying us back at 7:23. Thanks to this board we stayed to the left and dropped off the stroller at the beginning of the land.

We headed to TSMM first. Then rode AS2. We got in line for our first Slinky Dog ride at 7:58. We rode it three times before taking a break. We then rode TSMM again. No one was in line when it was time to get off but they wouldn't let us stay on. Around 8:50 we could see the rope drop crowds heading our way so we hopped in line for 1 last Slinky ride.

We had another HS day planned for later in the week, so we headed back to breakfast. We tried a few different entrees and they were all pretty good.

We loved doing this and I think we accomplished a decent amount considering my son`s two favorite rides are TSMM and Slinky.

We didn't do the characters since my son is terrified. Our final ride count was:
TSMM x 2
AS2 x 1
SDD x 4

We could have done more but we moved at my 5 year olds pace plus had to take bathroom breaks.
Thanks for posting about your experience. I am going on 7/1 and it’s fun to see how many rides people are doing in that time frame. We have a group of 11 including an almost 2 year old, 5 and 7 so that will be a good way for them to see toy story land

What is the latest time that you should leave TS Land to get to Rockin Roller Coaster before rope drop crowds? We are doing this on Monday 3/18.

Thanks for the review! Did you walk there from Swan? We’re staying at YC and I’m trying to figure out how to get to EMM

Us too and I’m trying to figure out the best way to get there. I’ll have a morning at HS before the EMM day and I think we’ll give walking a test run when it’s not a disaster if my grandson doesn’t handle it well. If walking doesn’t work, I think we’ll just Uber. I sure wish the boats were up and running at that hour.

What is the latest time that you should leave TS Land to get to Rockin Roller Coaster before rope drop crowds? We are doing this on Monday 3/18.

Please report back with your experience. We’re going 3/27 and I’d like to hear everyone’s take especially as spring break crowds build to see when to head over to RnR to beat rope drop crowds.

Ok, will try to do the detailed review of this Friday (3/15) now, although I didn’t take screenshots or make note so my details will be fuzzy.

We drove from WBC and arrived by 7. I was surprised the parking attendants were there collecting money as they hadn’t been for our slightly later arrival at MK earlier in the week. But we ended up parked in basically the first row of the lot. It’s still a hike in from there right now with the construction, but bag check was quick (the only time all week I was sent through the metal detector—I had the stroller so usually got waved on). We were into the park being held to the left of the theatre about 7:10, at 7:15 they walked us across, held us briefly, and then walked us into the land around 7:20 or just after.

It was 7:23 when we parked the stroller, and we quickly debated whether to line up for W&J or do a ride first. I suggested a quick ride and the rest of my family instead decided TSM...so of course by the time we came out there were 5-10 people in line for the meet and greet!

Big kid said he didn’t care that much about the meet, but little wanted to do it, so we split up and he and I headed for SDD. It was probably about a 15 minute wait, and we came back to find little kid was next in line for the meet and greet, so big kid hopped in for pictures and hugs after all.

Then all together to AS2, and back to TSM x2. They let us reboard directly the second time, there were people slowly trickling in but no lineup (although as soon as they loaded us in the cars again it got longer,so we were lucky I think). They had people all lined up for the cars when we returned so we couldn’t stay on but we just had to wait on the platform for the next set of cars, only took a minute.

Big kid and I went back to SDD and little went to AS2. It was maybe 8 minutes for SDD? This is where our plans derailed slightly...we picked a meeting spot for after that ride so we could book it out of the land ahead of the crowds. When big and I got off it was after 8:45 but they hadn’t let the crowds in, so we quickly discussed hopping back on but he said he’d rather try to get RnR and ToT in, so we went to the meeting spot...and my mom and little weren’t there. We waited and waited and waited, watched the crowds pour in about 8:55 (Woody jumped out of the meet and greet and ran in front of them like he was afraid for his life, it was adorable!), chatted with some CMs, then started to get worried. Turns out they stayed on AS2 for two rides and then the little one announced it was potty time, of course.

So it was 9 by the time we left the land and headed for RnR. Wait was about 20 minutes, so no time for ToT before breakfast—but we’d done it earlier in the week at least. My mom took the little one to meet Mickey and Minnie and we met up with them at backlot about 9:40. The kids devoured the chicken tenders, we all liked the Cronuts, I liked the chilaquiles and my mom liked the kids eggs. Lots of the sweet potato tots went to waste although I didn’t think they were bad. Like everyone else has reported, they happily gave out as many hot entrees as you wanted, and encouraged us to order extra when it was close to 10. The beverages and cold food stayed out (and was even refreshed) until about 10:10 and then very rapidly disappeared. We bagged up some pastries and headed out to watch the Muppets.

We went to see the Incredibles, refilled our popcorn bucket and grabbed giant cookies for an afternoon snack, and then headed out of the park...just in time to catch the March of the First Order at noon. It was a hot day so we were happy to be done with our touring and poolside for the afternoon!

So even with inefficient touring and badly timed potty breaks, we accomplished the following before breakfast:
3x TSM
1 AS2 (plus 2 more for little kid)
2 x SDD
Woody and Jesse
RnR/Mickey and Minnie

We could have easily gotten in another SDD and/or ToT if we’d worked it out right, and probably more if we’d just waited for the meet and greet first or just done AS2 first instead for TSM. But we were all happy with what we got, and the event ran really smoothly.

I think it’s a bit hard to know because it seems like the RD timing has been a bit unpredictable lately. It was about 8:55 when they let the crowds in yesterday, so 8:50 would have probably been safe, but other days it’s been earlier.

Even having fallen behind due to potty breaks and not leaving the land until 9 the wait for RnR was still only 20 minutes—but if your goal is to do both rides over there obviously you’d need better timing than we had. (And why wait 20 when you could wait 5?)

Hi!
I was wondering What you use to get into the park for the emm hours?
Do we show the confirmation email? Or is it linked to the magic bands?
Also is the breakfast a buffet style? Or more pastries?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Us too and I’m trying to figure out the best way to get there. I’ll have a morning at HS before the EMM day and I think we’ll give walking a test run when it’s not a disaster if my grandson doesn’t handle it well. If walking doesn’t work, I think we’ll just Uber. I sure wish the boats were up and running at that hour.
Yeah I get where you’re coming from. DS will be 5 when we go. I think we can walk but he needs to be in the stroller or it’ll be 45 min walk instead of a 15 min walk. Haha

It shows up in my MDE so I assume it will also load to our magic bands? I could be wrong tho lol
I think you might give your name to the CM's working the gate, but it is on your magic bands! It is a help yourself continental breakfast, and you have the option of ordering an "entree" such as:
  • Mexican Corn Chilaquiles and Eggs Bowl
  • Shrimp and Southern Grits Bowl
  • Fried Chicken and Cinnamon Sugar French Donut Bowl
  • Smashed Avocado Toast Egg Plate
  • Breakfast Charcuterie Platter
*obviously subject to change!
** I quoted the wrong person, I'm sorry! meant to quote Disney Fan 3 4 5

I think you might give your name to the CM's working the gate, but it is on your magic bands! It is a help yourself continental breakfast, and you have the option of ordering an "entree" such as:
  • Mexican Corn Chilaquiles and Eggs Bowl
  • Shrimp and Southern Grits Bowl
  • Fried Chicken and Cinnamon Sugar French Donut Bowl
  • Smashed Avocado Toast Egg Plate
  • Breakfast Charcuterie Platter
*obviously subject to change!
** I quoted the wrong person, I'm sorry! meant to quote Disney Fan 3 4 5
Thank you!!

We attended this morning. We left Pop Century on the bus about 6.35. We arrived pretty quickly and made the long walk to the gate. Security was a breeze. There were lots of people directing us to breakfast or the line. We headed to pick up a pastry and drink then got in line. My son is in a wheelchair and they told us to stay to the left for the ramp.

We were let in about 7.20. We went straight for Woody and Jesse as that was a priority for us. We were first in line and they came out about 7.35. We rode Toy Story in the handicap car twice, without getting off. Slinky dog one time, 20 minute wait. Aliens, two times without getting off.

At this point it was 8.30 so we headed to sign up for Jedi Training. There was very little line and we had our choice of times. Sign ups actually opened at 7.45. About this time they announced the park was open so we got in line for Olaf and were the first family.

After Olaf we went to breakfast. It was more crowded but service was super quick and they continued to refill pastries.

We are doing this again on Friday with two more people added to our party. Though it was super early, I am excited to do it again!

Just booked for 8/28 - now to read this thread to catch up! My biggest concern is getting there (staying at POP). Will get to the bus stop really early and hope the bus comes!

We are staying at POP and going on 8/28. I've heard the buses come nice and early, if the Skyliner isn't open yet.

How many people in this thread are going on 8/28 before the DHS craziness happens?

We are staying at POP and going on 8/28. I've heard the buses come nice and early, if the Skyliner isn't open yet.

How many people in this thread are going on 8/28 before the DHS craziness happens?
I got my tickets for 8/26 after they announced the opening. My original HS day was 8/30. Because I moved it to the 3rd day of our trip I didn't want to chance getting sdd fastpass so bought EMM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter