DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We were there this morning, and it definitely seemed oversold. We did like others suggested and skipped breakfast. They did not walk us back until around 7:45. We rode TSM first thinking slinky would slow down. BIG MISTAKE. Slinky was at a 45 minute posted wait when we got off. We rode Alien Saucers next. When we got off, slinky was at 35 minutes. We actually waited 25. We only had time to ride each ride once (rider swapped slinky though) and take a picture in front of the Toy Story sign. Super disappointed. I would suggest going to slinky first if that’s your priority.

Disappointing -sounds like Disney greed has gotten to this event too and they are selling more tickets than the land and breakfast can handle

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I would definitely contact Disney about this.

Disappointing -sounds like Disney greed has gotten to this event too and they are selling more tickets than the land and breakfast can handle

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I would definitely contact Disney about this.
I hope people are contacting Disney and reporting their bad experiences. I would have asked for a refund. They lost 20% of the time at the beginning, sounds like they were probably having technical difficulties but that’s still unacceptable.

With staying at the Beach Club, was the boat not an option? Is that why you had to take the bus? We are staying there in August.
We asked the front desk the night before. They said the boats weren’t running that early, but there was a bus specifically for the event picking up at the Beach Club, then stops at the Boardwalk, then it goes to HS. It picked us up at 6:55. We made it in plenty of time. We were waiting at the Chinese theater by 7:15. We could have walked, but it’s been so hot this week, we didn’t want to drain our energy so early.
Boats were running for May 20th EMM. Starting between 6:30-6:40.

We asked the front desk the night before. They said the boats weren’t running that early, but there was a bus specifically for the event picking up at the Beach Club, then stops at the Boardwalk, then it goes to HS. It picked us up at 6:55. We made it in plenty of time. We were waiting at the Chinese theater by 7:15. We could have walked, but it’s been so hot this week, we didn’t want to drain our energy so early.
This is so interesting because the Yacht Club told us no bus ever to HS! I also got very conflicting information about the boat being available that early. 2 people told us no 1 told us yes. So we decided to walk. The boat showed up when it was too late for us to turn around and grab it. It passed us and honked its horn at us :headache: and I think it passed us coming back too haha! The walk really wasn't bad.

Maybe our front desk CM didn’t have the right info? We just did what she said & it all worked out, thankfully. I was very stressed about making it on time.
We are staying at YC in July and have EMM scheduled. I called YC and was also told that the boats did not run that early. She had me on hold and checked with someone to answer my question. She said to speak with the concierge when we arrived about the bus.

This is so interesting because the Yacht Club told us no bus ever to HS! I also got very conflicting information about the boat being available that early. 2 people told us no 1 told us yes. So we decided to walk. The boat showed up when it was too late for us to turn around and grab it. It passed us and honked its horn at us :headache: and I think it passed us coming back too haha! The walk really wasn't bad.
This would have really irritated me. I'll do whatever I need to do, but I really wish the information was reliable.

Report from 6/3 with myself, wife (DW), 3 year old daughter tall enough for Slinky, and 11 month old baby who could only ride MM. Hopefully this helps people with a baby worrying about getting enough done. My apologies for not having more definitive times, at any time I was either dragging a three year old, carrying a baby, or both!

Drove from Beach Club to HS and parked around 6:40, we were the sixth car in standard so we had a great spot to exit at end of the night (left car at HS during day, used friendship boats for travel to nap). Check in was flawless.

Herd was beginning to congregate at entrance to Animation Courtyard just after 7 so we went straight there because we'd read that sometimes groups are sent back early. Because they moved us through Animation Courtyard entrance there was little need to strategize strollers beyond remembering to keep left as you approach the land to get to stroller parking just inside land to the left.

We were brought back just after 7:30. Daughter and I went to Slinky, wife and baby went to Midway Mania. Slinky posted wait time was 15 minutes by time we got there. Waited about 10 minutes. 3 year old was pretty scared and chose to not ride this again.

After our first ride, daughter and I went from Slinky to Alien Saucers, which was a walk on with 5 minute post. After's wife's first ride on Midway Mania, she and baby got in line for Woody and Bo. Daughter and I joined them after Saucers. Family pics. It was about 8:15 at this point.

We all walked to Jessie line and wife and daughter rode Saucers while baby and I waited in line for Jessie. They probably could have ridden Saucers again because Jessie wait was about 10-15 minutes at this point.

After Jessie, I took baby and daughter to Midway Mania where we walked right on; wife went alone to Slinky. When we finished it was about 8:50 and the land was still not open to rope droppers so we could have each managed another ride, but we were satsified and went to Buzz queue by 8:55; we were second in line and he came out at 9:10.

So with a baby and challenge that we couldnt ride all Slinky and Saucers together, we all still managed to ride everything once and see all characters before rope drop. And we could have squeezed an extra ride or three had we better utilized "one parent wait in line for pictures, other parent rides strategy" and also jumped in line right before crowds. And if we didn't want to see characters at all it would have been even easier.

We finished with breakfast, which was itself super efficient. No lines after 9:20.

One couple wife spoke to said they estimated crowd was about double what it was when they did this same event in November.

We asked the Cast Member at checkin about boats and she said they begin 45 minutes before opening (the standard modus operandi). Cast Member education on the issue sounds inconsistent.

After our first ride, daughter and I went from Slinky to Alien Saucers, which was a walk on with 5 minute post. After's wife's first ride on Midway Mania, she and baby got in line for Woody and Bo. Daughter and I joined them after Saucers. Family pics. It was about 8:15 at this point.
wife spoke to said they estimated crowd was about double what it was when they did this same event in November.
Hold the phone! Woody meets with Bo Peep now?!? I sure hope this goes through mid-July.
I assume Woody and Bo are where he met with Jesse. Can you tell us where Jesse is meeting solo?

Attended this morning, 5/27.
Arrived at gate right at 7 am. Very easy check-in with backpack. Had plenty of time to walk to get pastries and drinks and back to line up about 7:15. We lined up on right which worked out good for going to SDD first. I think it was about 7:21 when they let us in. We were at head of pack to SDD until one of our party stopped at TSM lol to question why we weren’t going there first. We rode SDD right away and then headed to TSM. The wait for W&J was about 5 families long and the shortest we would see. Bypassed and was in line for TSM until it came to a stand still about 7:42. Maintenance issues held us up for 5/10 minutes. It was about 8 when we left TSM and headed to Alien. No wait at all and my kids all loved it. Went back to SDD and 15 minute wait. We were done with this about 8:30. Split up and one party went to SDD and other to alien. Alien party went to line up for RRand it was 8:45. Oops the rope drop people were headed our way and they were insane. It didn’t affect us though as we walked straight on to RR. There was a line but we kept walking until loaded. We were done at RR at 9:05 and whoa the TOT wait was 95 minutes! We headed to Star Tours and it was only 5 minutes. Then we got to breakfast about 9:40. It was great! Plenty of food, places to sit, etc. They easily took care of the gluten free needs we had also. So we ride SDDx2, ASSx2, TSM1. No character stops. Although this is not as high of a ride count as I was expecting it was very enjoyable and my party of 10 loved it and thought it was worth it!
When you stopped for “quick pastries”, did they have any that were gluten free?

Report from 6/3 with myself, wife (DW), 3 year old daughter tall enough for Slinky, and 11 month old baby who could only ride MM. Hopefully this helps people with a baby worrying about getting enough done. My apologies for not having more definitive times, at any time I was either dragging a three year old, carrying a baby, or both!

Drove from Beach Club to HS and parked around 6:40, we were the sixth car in standard so we had a great spot to exit at end of the night (left car at HS during day, used friendship boats for travel to nap). Check in was flawless.

Herd was beginning to congregate at entrance to Animation Courtyard just after 7 so we went straight there because we'd read that sometimes groups are sent back early. Because they moved us through Animation Courtyard entrance there was little need to strategize strollers beyond remembering to keep left as you approach the land to get to stroller parking just inside land to the left.

We were brought back just after 7:30. Daughter and I went to Slinky, wife and baby went to Midway Mania. Slinky posted wait time was 15 minutes by time we got there. Waited about 10 minutes. 3 year old was pretty scared and chose to not ride this again.

We all walked to Jessie line and wife and daughter rode Saucers while baby and I waited in line for Jessie. They probably could have ridden Saucers again because Jessie wait was about 10-15 minutes at this point.

After Jessie, I took baby and daughter to Midway Mania where we walked right on; wife went alone to Slinky. When we finished it was about 8:50 and the land was still not open to rope droppers so we could have each managed another ride, but we were satsified and went to Buzz queue by 8:55; we were second in line and he came out at 9:10.

So with a baby and challenge that we couldnt ride all Slinky and Saucers together, we all still managed to ride everything once and see all characters before rope drop. And we could have squeezed an extra ride or three had we better utilized "one parent wait in line for pictures, other parent rides strategy" and also jumped in line right before crowds. And if we didn't want to see characters at all it would have been even easier.

We finished with breakfast, which was itself super efficient. No lines after 9:20.

One couple wife spoke to said they estimated crowd was about double what it was when they did this same event in November.
Buzz isn’t meeting during EMM anymore?

We are currently booked to go tomorrow morning 6/5. I know there are many others here planning to go...anyone thinking about canceling? (I'm assuming I could still cancel?) DH and DS are not thrilled about getting up so early...trying to convince them it will be worth it.

This is very helpful! 5 year old and 13 month old when we go in August!

Thank you! Also Bo and Woody!! Ekkk excited

Hold the phone! Woody meets with Bo Peep now?!? I sure hope this goes through mid-July.
I assume Woody and Bo are where he met with Jesse. Can you tell us where Jesse is meeting solo?

I'm unsure exactly where everyone used to be, but Woody and Bo ("new" Bo in her Toy Story 4 outfit) meet just outside Midway Mania entrance.

Solo Jesse is on the back wall that'll be to Galaxy's Edge, between the restrooms and Saucers.

Buzz isn’t meeting during EMM anymore?

At least on our day, Buzz was not out until after park opening. Location was in front of entrance to Land, on opposite side from queue for Slinky Dog that runs down right side. When we returned that night he was moved into land and across the walkway with his back to Skinky coaster. Approximately across from stroller parking.

We went this morning, 6/5/19. We drove to Hollywood Studios and got in the park quickly. We were walking in by 7:10. They route you around to the left trying to encourage the breakfast, we declined and went on to stand in the group, which was 7:16 at that time. They did not let us back to toy story Land until 7:27. We walked fast but no running and went straight for Slinky dog dash. Our wait for the first ride was 12 minutes. We then walked over to alien swirling saucers and got on with no wait, we then rode toy story mania and walk through the line with no wait. We went back to Slinky dog dash and the wait time was 25 minutes posted, I timed it and it took 17 minutes to get back on. We then went back to toy story mania and rode again. When we got off the ride it was 8:47 so we started leaving toy story land and ran into buzz coming out to the front and grabbed a picture with him just as the mass of crowds was coming in. So all in all for our hour and 15 minutes we got Slinky dog dash twice, toy story mania twice, and alien swirling saucers once. We did not take any bathroom breaks during this time or any sightseeing or waiting for characters. Woody and Bo Peep kept a line and it got longer toward the end of the event. The breakfast was fine and you can get as much as you want. I will say the moment the park opened Slinky dog became a 2 hour wait, so I'm guessing a very busy day. My family enjoyed the event and felt it was worth it, but would not do it again. On a side note we were at Hollywood Monday night and got in line for Slinky Dog at 8:40 with a 9:00 closing, the wait time read 60 minutes, but we were on in 24 minutes. This ride in my opinion is so much better at night when all the lights are on and the track is lit up. If you get a chance to ride at night around park closing do it, I think they exaggerate the wait times to deter folks.

What seems to be the timeline for the technique for TSL --> Rope drop ToT and RnRC --> Breakfast...This possible?

Is there enough time to hit both ToT and RnRC from rope drop and have breakfast before 10? or should we go to breakfast before Tower and Rockn?

We (self, DH, and DD 7) went to EMM at TSL today. We left Beach Club at 6:35 and drove to DHS and parked in the first row. We went through security at 6:55. We had our MagicBands scanned, and then were given a wristband. We tapped in at around 7am. We had to walk all the way to Indy and then double back to the arches. I found this irritating; the RealFeel is already around 90—just let us walk as little as possible already! They were strongly encouraging folks to go to breakfast. We went to the arches and were in the second row of families at the big arch. Bathrooms are available at the Brown Derby side doors.

Here’s the run-down of the morning.
7:28 Line started to move and we were marched to TSL
7:33 Got in line for SDD (Posted wait time: 15 minutes)
7:42 Off SDD Ride #1 (Total time: 9 minutes)
7:43 Back in SDD line (Posted wait time: 25 minutes)
8:01 Off SDD Ride #2 (Total time: 18 minutes)
8:02 Back in SDD line (Posted wait time: 25 minutes)
8:26 Off SDD Ride #3 (Total time: 24 minutes)
8:28 Entered TSM
8:41 Off TSM
8:44 AS2 Ride #1
8:49 AS2 Ride #2 (we were allowed to stay in our vehicle)
8:54 Exit AS2 and TSL (passed Buzz with no line, but DD wasn’t interested)
8:55 Passed mass of humanity going to TSL shortly before Buzz

We then did 2 rides on Star Tours. We were hoping for 3, but the line built quickly, I’m guessing in part because RnRC was down (and was down until about noon). We went to breakfast at 9:40. The food was good (well, better than the Fantasyland version) and it was well organized. But we had to stalk to get a table in the AC at that time. At 9:59, they took down one of the milk and juice stations, and a 10 they took down one of the pastry stations. We left at 10:05, and it looked like they were champing at the bit to take everything down ASAP.

My opinion on this event is rather mixed. I was hoping for something more like Fantasyland’s EMM, where the longest we waited for 7DMT was about 10 minutes. In fact, I was pretty irritated that they are marketing short wait times at all. But then we returned to TSL at 10:30 to do a FP+ for TSM (thus only the single ride earlier), and holy guacamole. Talk about insanity. The waits for BOTH SDD and TSM were 120 minutes.

I’m still irritated that they would market this as little wait times. But my kid really wanted to do SDD multiple times. TSL EMM was a way to do this. I would do Fantasyland EMM again in a heartbeat. This one, well, I’d have to think about it.

I’m still irritated that they would market this as little wait times. But my kid really wanted to do SDD multiple times. TSL EMM was a way to do this. I would do Fantasyland EMM again in a heartbeat. This one, well, I’d have to think about it.

I think you should send guest services an email with your thoughts. I think everyone should. Did you wait less than during regular park hours? Yes. But waiting less is not the same as "low wait times". Anything over 15 minutes is not a low wait. At these events, I expect to never wait longer than I would during the day with a FP. With the exception of ride malfunctions and weather delays, and possibly FOP, I've never waited over 15 minutes in a FP line. The way this event is advertised, over 15 minutes should not be acceptable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter