Diamond Found at MK. Did a CM Steal it? Share your Lost and Found Story

I lost a pair of prescription Ray-Ban sunglasses on a Disney Cruise. Was sitting on a chair and put them on a table. Walked back to our room, realized I left them there, went back and they were gone. I went to lost and found, they had a pair. I thought they were mine, but they were non-prescription, and I took them back. No one ever turned mine in, and the other pair were still there in the lost and found bin when we disembarked. Weird thing was that mine were in horrible shape. Chip off one of the arms, and circular scratches on the lenses because they spent about half an hour spinning around at the bottom of a water slide at Blizzard Beach (they wouldn't let me go in and get them myself). You would think they would turn them in just to get rid of them!
Since lost and found had another pair, it seems likely someone else with a similar pair grabbed yours by mistake thinking it was theirs and packed it up without looking too closely.

I can’t say for certain, but it sure looked like a 1 carat diamond. It was a solitaire and similar to the diamond in my wedding ring.
We run a hotel and someone lost a really beautiful diamond earring. We kept it for almost 10 years, so I finally took it to a jeweler to have it appraised. It was not a diamond! I could have sworn it was. But it did make me feel better, knowing that's why no one ever claimed it!

My sister lost her newly purchased Disney umbrella somewhere between Living with the Land and the Vanellope and Ralph meet and greet a few years back, we retraced our steps and ended up at Guest Services, she got an umbrella back, not sure it was exactly hers though.

Once left a jacket in the bathroom by Adventureland, we went back and found it still sitting there. Lost a Disney visa rewards redemption giftcard inside epcot by the mexico pavilion. I immediately got on the phone and canceled it. I didn’t even bother reporting it.

One time my camera lens flew off on a ride (can’t remember which one it was). Went to lost and found and the CM pulled out a bin full of lenses and just let me pick any that fit my camera.

I have found CMs and guests at Disney World to be very helpful at finding lost items.

Had the unfortunate experience of losing several items several times my family's last trip o_O , all were recovered in the same day due to helpful CMs and guests. :P
  • wife's iphone in HS, recovered at HS GS
  • daughter's Elsa magic band, recovered 2 times via HS GS and Stormalong bay CM
  • daughter's lovie, a guest caught up with us and returned it in person
Very positive experiences

Since lost and found had another pair, it seems likely someone else with a similar pair grabbed yours by mistake thinking it was theirs and packed it up without looking too closely.
Possibly, but it was odd that they wouldn't have noticed. I lost them early in the cruise, I would think they would want to wear them. The other pair was like new. I would have liked to have kept them!

Back in 2001 we were staying at the Boardwalk Villas and watched from our balcony maintenance cast members taking up quite a bit of the boardwalk looking for a diamond engagement ring a young woman dropped. They were at quite a while and we never did find out of they found it.

My dad lost his rare "Goofy through the years " cap that he had just had signed by Goofy. We were at AK and rising Everest and we even have it on camera! Dh was recording my parents over his shoulder, and we go in the tunnel and dad has the hat on and we come out of the tunnel and it's gone. We filed a report and checked back daily on that trip but it was never found.

Kind of Disney related....
25 years ago, my DH was working at a high end hotel and found a diamond earring. He turned it in to security and, as was their procedure, they held it for three months. If a guest didn't claim it after that it was yours. So after three months it was given to him and he sold it to a jeweler.
He then used that money to buy my Christmas gift, my first trip to WDW. And boy, does he regret that! He wishes he found a diamond mine since he got me hooked and I've drug us all back and forth to Disney!

I honestly thought I dreamed reading this ridiculous thread I guess not! Man what an assumption to make!

My daughter lost her cap. We went to lost and found in Epcot. They didn’t have it but gave her a $25 voucher to buy a new one in the shop.

We've always had good luck with lost and found.

My wife's cousin lost her magic band in DHS last month. She remembered having it in Toy Story Land, but noticed it missing after riding ROTR. We were on the way out anyway so we stopped to report it to lost and found. Turns out it beat us to the front of the park - they gave it to her in a plastic bag with her name on it.

A couple of years ago my granddaughter left her backpack on the Flying Carpets with her tablet and wallet in it. She was freaked out, since she'd already been in trouble for leaving it at the hotel that morning. She realized it probably 10 minutes after riding and went back - they told her they'd found it, and since it had valuable items in it they sent it to the front of the park.

I did something similar - left a small purse on the back of my chair in a restaurant in Epcot. We park hopped to MK and I realized I had left it so back to Epcot and the restaurant. The host asked me to check the table we sat at and sure enough someone was seated in that same chair and my purse was still there. It was a very small purse but I was surprised it wasn’t noticed too.
Leaving something on a chair seems to happen frequently. Years ago I left my backpack on a chair outside Coronado Springs where we ate lunch at a table in the courtyard. I realized pretty quickly and went back to the table but backpack was gone. I was kind of panicked because it had my wallet and phone and I was thinking what a pain it would be to fly home. I went to guest services and asked for resort lost and found to be checked. The cm was pretty nonchalant but she did walk somewhere to check and came back and said it wasn’t at lost and found. I was upset but thought to ask if I could use her phone to call mine (this was before phones had passwords to open). I called and low and behold, lost and found answered and a cm brought my backpack out to guest services. I was so happy, I didn’t ask the 1st cm why she didn’t find it; she did have a look on her face. Everything was there and I was very grateful someone turned it in and I got it back.

This past July I found a cell phone in the women's bathroom. I waited for a bit to see if anyone came back looking, but when no one did I turned it into a custodial CM. He asked where I found it and stated he was going to keep it in their area for a few hours to see if anyone came back to the area, then they would transfer it to the regular lost and found.
Thanks! I got it! (Maybe not this exact one, but I’ve lost my phone twice in the parks and twice had it returned thanks to honest people… so thanks again!)

On our honeymoon, I left a solitaire diamond and platinum necklace in the pocket of a robe at the GF. We had already checked out and were at BLT when I realised. I called the GF and then lost and found. They really did seem to take it seriously but warned me that the robe was probably in the laundry and I may have seen the last of it. I felt sick and cried as it had been a gift from my DH but crossed my fingers. The next morning we got a call to say that one of the laundry people had looked through every pocket or every robe from the GF and FOUND IT. I cried again (happy tears) and sent the cast member a big basket of muffins. I'd wanted to send them $$ but was told that this wasn't allowed.

I would say that in older Disney days, an effort was definitely made to return items to their owner! We received cameras returned, glasses, and my daughter's "pocket book" was even mailed back to us, all contents in tact $$, as we had returned home from our trip! This was a miracle, as our address was scrawled in the front of her autograph book when she was 5, so lots of reversals of letters and numbers: a lot of work had to have been taken to return it to her!!....This was in about 2007. Unfortunately, the culture of Disney has changed a lot.

I would say that in older Disney days, an effort was definitely made to return items to their owner! We received cameras returned, and my daughter's "pocket book" was even mailed back to us, all contents in tact, as we had returned home from our trip! This was a miracle, as the address was scrawled in the front of her autograph book when she was 5, so lots of reversals of letters and numbers: a lot of work had to have been taken to return it to her!!....This was in about 2007. Unfortunately, the culture of Disney has changed a lot.

My 18 month old daughter dropped her precious "Raffi" giraffe stuffed animal out of the stroller at some point during a day at Animal Kingdom. It was clearly well loved and we were sooo happy the next day when lost and found called us to say it was recovered. The rest of the trip we had a little ID tag safety pinned on it with our phone number. She is almost 6 and still sleeps with it each night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter