• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did anyone else get a free DL park hopper for YoaMD?

kaze1sd

If you see my Alien Green paint chip tags, say hi!
Sorry if this is late or if this is a duplicate thread but this my first time on the DL side of the DIS.

We just got back from our WDW honeymoon and came back to find a free park hopper ticket to DL in our mailbox for the Year of a Million Dreams celebration. :woohoo:

I was just wondering how widespread this was. Is every household in Southern California getting one?

Anyhow, we left WDW on October 1st and were too tired to go see the new celebration there as we had to leave on DME by 1pm. I am excited to use the ticket to see the celebration over here at DL.

My mom received one in the mail yesterday. :thumbsup2 Maybe now we can get her to go with us. DD and I go often but my DM hasn't been in years. :confused3

I have a friend who got one last week - as far as we could figure out, the reason Disney had her address was because she'd been a Disney Visa card holder for a while (she isn't now). But she's never had an AP, never been to WDW, etc. She's planning on taking advantage of her free parkhopper to go to the parks with me on Friday the 13th. :-)

My husband and I have APs at both Disneyland and WDW (and have for years), we are DVC members, etc. but WE haven't gotten anything like that!!! So it's definitely not an "every household in Southern California" thing.

ScooterL said:
I have a friend who got one last week - as far as we could figure out, the reason Disney had her address was because she'd been a Disney Visa card holder for a while (she isn't now). But she's never had an AP, never been to WDW, etc. She's planning on taking advantage of her free parkhopper to go to the parks with me on Friday the 13th. :-)

My husband and I have APs at both Disneyland and WDW (and have for years), we are DVC members, etc. but WE haven't gotten anything like that!!! So it's definitely not an "every household in Southern California" thing.

I have never been an AP member or DVC member although I would like to be but I am a Disney Visa cardholder. I use the Disney Visa regularly and pay it off every month.

I was shocked to see that it wasn't just a free ticket but a park hopper at that.

I'm a Premium AP holder and I did receive a complimentary park hopper. Not sure what for, but I did recently get the Disney Visa card. I assumed it was for that, but I thought I was supposed to get a $40 gift card for signing up. :confused3

I live in So. CA, have an annual pass (deluxe), have a Disney Visa and have two contracts with the DVC.......... You would think they would gvie me something for all my dedication.... NOT! At least not yet.......

I love DL and DCA. I assumed I would never get a pass becasue I do have an annual pass but maybe there is a chance.

When we were there over the weekend we saw them pick a few people at total random for prizes! Not us though!

Anyone not going to use these, I would be willing to take them off your hands. ;) I am going to DL in November for the first time in over 15 years, I can't wait!!!!

I got one recently. I have close to no ties with Disney marketing so I don't know why exactly I received one. I received offers for instant approval for the Disney Visa but never accepted any - the last thing I need is another CC. The only thing I can think of is that I did register on the Disney online store but I've yet to actually order anything from them.

Pooh_Friend#1 said:
Anyone not going to use these, I would be willing to take them off your hands. ;) I am going to DL in November for the first time in over 15 years, I can't wait!!!!

Sorry they're non-transferrable. You have to show your ID when you collect the pass and the address has to match what's on the invite.

we are ap holders.. they xpire in dec... maybe mickey will give me one for christmas!

Anyone redeem these yet? It says to just bring it to the main ticked booth. Anything else I should know? Any cool marketing stuff come with this when I redeem it?

When my friend redeemed her voucher on Friday the CM at the ticket booth checked her id (twice), and then showed her the back of the ticket where her name was printed on it. She told her that they *might* ask for ID when she went through the turnstiles, though that didn't happen. But I guess that's their way of trying to make sure that someone with an AP doesn't redeem the ticket (which would be in the AP holder's name) and then give it to someone else...

Thanks for the info ScooterL. Mine is only valid from October 1 to November 12, 2006. I'm planning on possibly going this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter