Did anyone see the article on DisneyDining about it becoming more difficult to get DAS?

becd

Mouseketeer
The headline was

If You’re Someone Who Relies On Disney’s DAS Pass System, You NEED to See This​

But when I clicked on the article, it had virtually no information and referenced a TikTok posted by a travel agent, but the link to that was broken. I know their articles are usually Clickbait, but was wondering if anyone had any idea what they were talking about?

I saw the headline posted several places, but the link was broken the first time I tried

I stopped clicking on any of their articles. They are often negative and have nothing to do with the title. One of the worst clickbait offenders

I've seen a few TikToks in recent weeks claiming that they're cracking down on DAS issuances and that the cast members in that department have been given some new training on specific keywords, phrases, and concepts to base decisions on. I've also seen in increase in TikToks touting "I get to skip the lines because X condition qualifies for DAS". I've even seen a few TikToks of people venting that they weren't approved for a DAS, despite being approved in the past. (Those tend to feature the poster saying that they were arguing with cast members and saying, "But I have X diagnosis and they've always given it to me before," but refusing to explain exactly what it is about waiting in the standard line that is an issue and just demanding that it be issued based on diagnosis alone.)

I just called for my own DAS interview a few weeks ago for the first time and had no issue getting approved, but I was able to clearly state the ways that waiting in some of the lines affects my ability to access the rides, the measures I already take to mitigate as much as possible, how those measures cannot fully resolve the issues, and what the outcomes are for me if I try to push past it and wait in a standard enclosed line. All of that without ever specifying my actual diagnoses, which is exactly how it's supposed to work.

While I don't have hard proof, I'd absolutely believe that Disney is being harder on giving out approvals simply because they are in a constant battle to prevent abuse of the system while preserving it for those who genuinely need it. Unfortunately, there's always some unintended harm to disabled people, no matter what. But that's the fault of the folks who are trying to abuse it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter