Did Casey's change rolls?

stoudt6

Mouseketeer
going to WDW in 2 weeks for 1st time in 2 years. Heading to MK for Traditional 1st night Hot dog at Casey's Corner. Had seen posts a while back that rolls are/were changed to whole wheat. is this true? Hope not because some foods regardless of it being unhealthy need to be a certain way and a Hot dog on a regular 'white roll" is one of them. What would be next --not putting Corn Beef and Pastrami on Rye Bread?

The bun and the dog both are not the same. I posted on another thread recently that I would go to MK for lunch on the weekends and CC is where I would eat. I would bring one home for my daughter. Sadly it's not nearly the same as it once was.

They have not only changed to some form of wheat rolls (I am not sure they are whole wheat, but they are not white bread), but to chicken/beef blend hot dogs (mostly chicken).

Yes, be prepared for the universally despised everpresent Disney crumbly bun. It's practically criminal, what Disney has done to burgers and hot dogs.

I have seen some people asking for vegan bread at various restaurants or for gluten free.
Those both end up being something different than the universally despised 'wheat' rolls.
Are they better? dunno but they CANT be worse.

My next trip I'm gonna try them and see how they are.

They have not only changed to some form of wheat rolls (I am not sure they are whole wheat, but they are not white bread), but to chicken/beef blend hot dogs (mostly chicken).

:sad2: I could almost live with the change in the bun but they changed the dogs too? That is wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong! If I'm on vacation I throw all good eating sense out of the window. I wouldn't mind if WDW would offer a healthier choice for those that want it but give me back my bad-for-you hot dog and enriched white bun!!

1) Unfortunately, they changed buns, then they changed dogs.
2) Now, the hot dog tastes like a Scott toilet roll wrapped in Bounty.
3) But, the chili helps a little.

:lmao:

as long as they don't change to the chili that tastes like kleenex, we'll be OK

Guess i'm better off getting a Hot Dog at Orlando Airport from a stand where its been on the those rolling grillers for like 5-6 hours, then at Casey Corner , if I want to keep my 1st day tradition going!pirate:

Bumping this because I was just thinking back to my niece's 1st trip to WDW with myself and my mother!

We always went to Casey's when we walked by the first time on our trips! With my niece we waited until later in the trip one evening and I had no idea of the changes!

I noticed the increased size of the hot dog wiener more than the bun...unfortunately, it was not until after we had ordered! My mother and I got 2 each and ordered my niece one. As a kid I remember the size being normal to back then, but they now have the giant hot dogs! I'm not a fan of the bigger hot dogs and I think they taste different as well.

Anyway, I didn't want to waste anything, but 2 was more than enough for me and my mother could only finish one while my niece barely touched hers...so, I was ver sick leaving the park that night!

A 7 year old, totally outdated Rogue Thread.
I don't get bringing forward now inaccurate information for folks trying to plan now

We had Casey's last October and were pleasantly surprised at how good the dogs (including the bun) and fries were.

Yep, it changed awhile ago. Plus the hot dogs changed as well. I thought they were disgusting since the change, and have not been back since. Yuck!

Like I said, it was because I was thinking back to a previous trip and remembered this thread after I got back when I looked everything up... I had been unaware of the change at the time, etc. These boards are as much about discussion and remembrance as they are for planning.

Obviously, the buns and wieners were changed years ago... But, the now standard will never be the same for me or many on this board.

We all know that things change and we have to roll with the punches... But, that doesn't mean the changes are always for the better.

A 7 year old, totally outdated Rogue Thread.
I don't get bringing forward now inaccurate information for folks trying to plan now

Just stick to the corn dog nuggets! It's one of my favorite QS meals! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter