Did Disney fire all it's bathroom attendants?

The bathrooms are gross and the guests have everything to do with it. Disney does need to put more attendants in there though, because I don't think we are going to be able to change the behavior of guests.

It's so bad in the women's restroom that I now bring Clorox wipes with me to the parks so I can clean the toilet seat before using. On average, I find 1-2 toilets with urine on the seat before I find one that is clean enough to use.

Dh was shocked and did not believe me. He thought it was splatter from the toilet until I took a photo of one of them with the yellow "splatter" on it to prove it to him, lol.

It is DISGUSTING. Ladies, stop hovering--it is gross--you pee on the seat when you do that!

Your vacation slide show must look a lot different than mine.

It is DISGUSTING. Ladies, stop hovering--it is gross--you pee on the seat when you do that!

THIS. i'll never understand why some people think hover peeing and spraying like a feral animal is better than using a paper butt gasket and having a comfortable sit down. it's a RESTroom, not leg day at the gym.

Distributing........ ? or selling?

Remember the reports the day the turnstiles messed up and the line for guest relations was ugly long and hot? They showed up and started selling water to the people in line. :faint:

that's a great side line: outside of every restroom there can be a merchandise cart with stuff for sale: rubber gloves, bleach wipes, TP, soap... Disney can snaz it up by putting Mickey faces on it!

I'll echo a previous poster, too, and agree that Universal's restrooms are shockingly clean! I don't think I've EVER been in the Potterland restrooms (in Diagon or Hogsmeade) without seeing someone in there actively cleaning.

Impossible, didn't you read that people are dirty pigs?

We have been to MK the last 2 Septembers for Night of Joy and MNSSHP. Both years the bathrooms have been in great shape.
They were not at all crowded though so it could be easier to keep clean.

I agree with the people here who basically say, "this is on Disney" period.

IF they are letting more people into the park, they increase their staffing proportionately. Its really that simple.

Lord knows the prices we pay to get in the parks, or stay at the hotels have gone up considerably without really being offered anything new/more (other than FL2)

I do want to point out one thing, its just something I see in multiple threads on varying subjects where people defend Disney and WDW decisions/actions/policy changes.

In almost every instance, people point to: Crowds !!! Crowds Crowds Crowds. Not Disney's fault, its Crowds.

Lets assume for a Second Crowd levels are in fact up:
Who do you think controls the crowds ? Who decides how many people get into the park ? Who decides how many people to staff given particular crowd levels ? DISNEY !

But, let look at the "crowds"-
We have no real reason to think crowds are up all that much.
Attendance in 2013 was only up 7.5% since 2009 in MK
Attendance in Epcot was up 2.5% since 2009
These are not big increases, especially considering the expanded capacity at MK.
Unless there was some HUGE jump in attendance this year, there is no reason to think the pattern will change.
IF there was a HUGE jump in attendance, we would have heard about it in one of the investors calls. Instead what we have heard is that they are increasing profits by increasing spending per guest, not that profits are increasing due to some massive increase in attendance.

We will know though, some point next year when AECOM reports attendance numbers.\

The 2013 report ...
http://www.aecom.com/deployedfiles/Internet/Capabilities/Economics/_documents/ThemeMuseumIndex_2013.pdf

2009 Report
http://www.aecom.com/deployedfiles/Internet/Capabilities/2009%20Theme%20Index%20Final%20042710_for%20screen.pdf

What I find interesting is that there was only a 7.5% increase in attendance from 2009 to 2013 in Magic Kingdom, but they did in fact increase capacity (even if some of us aren't impressed with FL2) ... How much did capacity go up ? 7%ish ? No hard number here that I know of. BUT, unless this year has been a large spike in attendance, which no year previously would supposed in the trend, increased crowds really can't explain this ...

I went to the newer bathrooms (Rapunzel's tower) and they were just a huge mess! Garbage cans overflowing and paper towels everywhere, sink area was a mess as well.

I was very surprised.

I get that people are messy but the garbage cans should not be overflowing.

I hate to say it, but I also noticed this a bunch of times when we were there in November. So many gross bathrooms, overflowing garbage, no paper towels or soap. Icky.

I do want to point out one thing, its just something I see in multiple threads on varying subjects where people defend Disney and WDW decisions/actions/policy changes.

In almost every instance, people point to: Crowds !!! Crowds Crowds Crowds. Not Disney's fault, its Crowds.

And yet when people complain about the cleanliness of other theme parks no one ever comes to their defense. If Disney can get a pass for dirty bathrooms then the other parks should get a pass as well. Other parks may not have as many guests as Disney does but they don't have Disney's financial resources, either.

It's not just in the parks. We ate at Cali Grill just two weeks ago. Had a 5:45 pm reservation, so the restaurant had barely just opened. We went to the bathroom to wash our hands and there were used cloth hand towels everywhere - overflowing from the basket onto the floor. I thought maybe they had had a private event earlier and they didn't clean? Or it was left over from the night before?! This was in a SIGNATURE restaurant. It was gross. On the flip side, we ate at blue zoo at the Dolphin and there was an attendant in the bathroom when we went who was very carefully creating a big, beautiful pyramid at the sink with freshly washed hand towels. A very, different experience.

On our recent trip, the bathrooms were definitely not what they were years ago at disney. I would say it's a combo of fewer bathroom attendants combined with the "hoverer" trend.

Please ladies who must hover: For the sake of those of us who do not have the talent and coordination to hover while performing necessary tasks, PLEASE clean up after yourselves!! That includes those ladies who need to put paper all over the seat and stall and leave it wet and soggy for the next user to deal with! Gross!!!

That being said, I cannot imagine being the Disney bathroom attendant who has to clean up after these women. You could not pay me enough to do this job! My husband says the men's room is usually in great shape at Disney..

I've heard a lot lately about the cleanliness of the bathrooms in the parks. I'm hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised that they aren't *too* bad when we are there in just a few days, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Dirty bathrooms are just not cool in SUCH a busy place like WDW :(

Yes, the Dis Unplugged podcast from 11/26/14 talked about the filthy restrooms. Pete Werner also mentioned that the ashtrays in the smoking areas overflowing with butts. It's just not an acceptable situation.

As a previous poster said, people are more likely to pick up after themselves, if their environment is clean. If I were a smoker what incentive would I have to use an overflowing ashtray, as opposed to flicking my ashes and butts on the ground? NONE

In the no smoking area days, didn't Disney have to have CM's constantly walking around with a broom and "dustpan" to clean up all of the cigarette butts and other misc litter?

Ah yes. I knew when I saw the title that this thread would be full of blame for everyone but Disney. :lmao:

I'd love to see a breakdown of cast member levels now per park guest compared to ..... what? 2005?

I still think they cut back after the economy crashed then never added the staff back in when crowds picked up again.

Don't know the numbers or anything for now, but if you want to know how it was done (bathroom cleaning) back in 2005, just let me know. I can tell you how many were assigned to the ones in my area for any given period of time because, well, I was one of the people often assigned to them. :thumbsup2

I noticed this too on our last trip. The one that was absolutely disgusting was the one in Epcot by TT. It was deplorable, if my dd did not have to "go" so badly, I would have turned around and walked out.

Hey everyone having this problem should start taking photos. Send them to Disney. May have really quick results if they are delivered via thier facebook page.
Donna

I thought one of the great benefits of MM+ was to get people to commit to park days so Disney could anticipate the crowd levels and staff appropriately. Hmmmmm....... Maybe they're having a glitch with that part of the system :cool2:

Nah, the system is working fine. ;). Only the parameters have changed. Instead of the legacy one custodial CM for every thousand guests, it's now one CM for every 5000 guests. Ya know, they gotta pay for MM+ somehow.

I'll echo a previous poster, too, and agree that Universal's restrooms are shockingly clean! I don't think I've EVER been in the Potterland restrooms (in Diagon or Hogsmeade) without seeing someone in there actively cleaning.

Yes, Univeral's rest rooms were clean when I visited. But most of them had those newish weird Dyson hand dryers, all of which were labeled Not In Service. They still had paper towels. What's with installing those hand dryers and not putting them into use?

Dh was shocked and did not believe me. He thought it was splatter from the toilet until I took a photo of one of them with the yellow "splatter" on it to prove it to him, lol.
!

Your vacation slide show must look a lot different than mine.

:rotfl2:

DW mentioned that the ladies room was pretty bad during a MNSSHP night in October. The one on that covered walkway shortcut between Adventureland and Frontierland. The men's room outside the MK gates was pretty bad too, but I'll let it slide because it was about a half hour after the park closed.

I've heard a lot lately about the cleanliness of the bathrooms in the parks. I'm hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised that they aren't *too* bad when we are there in just a few days, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Dirty bathrooms are just not cool in SUCH a busy place like WDW :(

It must be a very recent phenomena, as the bathrooms were very clean when I was at WDW in October.

And for the people who say the blame is all on Disney, bull! Who wants to pay what it would cost to have 10 people cleaning each bathroom? Guests need to take some responsibility for the messes they make. People feel so entitled in the parks that by spending money they can throw garbage on the ground, or smear poop all over, and they shoulder none of the blame for it??? That is crazy talk!

Guests shouldn't think it is acceptable to trash restrooms, or stores, or the walkways. And it is a sad statement on our society that people think the blame falls on on the place of business, and not on the pigs that make the mess to begin with. So many people with no respect for their surroundings.:sad2: Disgusting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter