Did everybody get what they want or did you change?

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
I was able to get the AP rate for our stay. I had an email rate for July 1-4 GF lv which was better than the AP rate for reg season), now I have an AP rate for July 5-12 GF lv. I really was thinking of changing over to gv ($275 v. $335 per night plus tax) but kept the lv room. I'm thinking next year though of staying somewhere more reasonable (maybe Poly gv or YC/BC) because the AP discounts really aren't in the league they used to be. I understand that they don't need to offer the discounts that they used to because business if back up but I'm starting to think we're crazy spending so much for our hotel. Luckily this trip is paid for so I won't be changing it but I do think we'll do something different next year. We're going in January (DH is running marathon) but my in-laws are coming so we'll be able to do Wl regular room (as opposed to deluxe) and put one of the kids in their room. I would love to get a courtyard view for under $200 with AP rates then so I'll be on the lookout again.

Hope everyone got what they wanted.

Yes, I hope I got what I wanted. Initially had the poly garden view room for $304, then yesterday I got the AP rate for $229. But I am torn about the view. The lagoon view is $325. We do spend some time in the room but in August I figure we can just leave the room and sit on the beach to view the fireworks etc. Anyone have an opinion on Fiji, marina view vs. Tokelau garden view? Marilyn :flower:

I didn't call and make reservations until after the codes came out, but yes, I got exactly what I wanted. Poly GV for 5 nights and AKL pool view for 8 nights.

I got the WL courtyard view which is what we wanted. :goodvibes

We had a wonderful 3rd floor marina room in figi! :wizard: But you can see the CR from there and the volcano backside, but not the fireworks. (Could see the EWP as it went by) We just went outside and had a great view. ;) Its a good location to the GCH, and very near the volcano pool, just a short walk. Figi also had the best mousekeeping on property IMHO! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo! We have stayed in almost all the buildings (except niue, tavula, & rapa nui), Tokelau we have stayed in 4 different times. It is a very busy Large building. Near the quiet pool. Closer to the bus stop, laundry, and main monorail station. Not a far walk to anything. They where working on the rehab of some rooms in March when we where down there. Basically either building you are lucky to get! ::MickeyMo

Good luck, Mky ::MickeyMo princess:

I called this morning and got the AP rate at GF GV, we had the ressie with AAA so we just switched to the AP. Not much more of a savings, but it now gives me an excuse to go next year!!

I called this morning and got a 1 bedroom at the Boardwalk Villas for 7/6 thru 7/10 for $325 a night (without tax). I thought about trying to buy points but with the number of pointed needed for weekend nights this is cheaper for the 4 nights I will be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter