• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did I make the right choice?

Minniesotaluvsmickey

Earning My Ears
Our trip is quickly approaching and I just discovered this site. After reading so many resort opinions I am starting to second guess my resort choice.
My daughter and I are returning to WDW for the 5th time and are most excited to be bringing our Auntie for her first trip the world. We stayed at the CBR last time and liked it very much. This time I wanted to try another resort. I chose the POFQ because I thought my 50 something Aunt would like the smaller feel and theme. Also, the pool should be a hit with my 11 yr. old. I've read a few bad reports about the food court and that the rooms aren't in very good condition. I'd love to hear from guests that have been there recently and to see what you thought.
I appreciate any help you may offer!
Can't wait till March 31!!

:earsgirl: :wave: :Pinkbounc

All choices are personal taste. If you arrive and feel that the room is a mess, call the front desk. They will be more than happy to fix the problem - even if it's moving you to another hotel.

We were there in December and thought everything was great. POFQ is my favorite of all the moderates. The food court has lots of choices... (something for everyone) and our room was clean and well maintained.
I like the feel of this resort and think it is quaint yet animated without being overwhelmingly "cutsie".
I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Of course you made the right choice....you're going back to Disney World. I think that you and your family will really enjoy the resort. Have a wonderful trip.

French Quarter is our favorite moderate resort... you definitely will not be disappointed :)

Don't worry about the reports in general. there will always be reports of worn rooms no matter where you stay. As someone else said, if the room is unacceptable ask to be moved. POFQ is my least favorite moderate but my older sister and parents ( in their 70's) loved it so don't let other talk you out of it based on theme. It my just suit you perfectly. The food court is not bad either though there others I liked better. Go and have a good time. The rooms are pretty and comfortable and the pool will be fun.

and are going back. The boat to Downtown Disney and PO-R is great! The bus service is fine. The food is good enough. The theming is fun. The rooms I've seen were perfectly okay and like previous posters said insist on a room change if you're not satisfied. And we love the Mardi Gras theme. We also like CBR but the walk to get to things is SO much longer.

Have fun wherever you stay, after all it's Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter