Did Magic Kingdom have a talking Mickey Mouse?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I was looking at Youtube videos and discovered that Magic Kingdom had a talking Mickey Mouse character and I was surprised because I had never seen a masked character talk before and the Mickey Mouse character usually is silent and doesn't talk. How did Disney come up with this idea? It appeared that this character was retired in 2018. From the video I saw the talking Mickey Mouse character looked awesome and kind of creepy as well? Is this the first talking masked character in history?

I showed my mother the Talking Mickey Mouse character when I was doing Youtube and she thought Mickey looked so neat actually talking and interacting with people and Mickey even played a card trick for people who met him and it was so cool. Whoever came up with this idea at Walt Disney World was a genius and it's such a shame that this Mickey retired. I tried to find the story on why Talking Mickey retired but no luck. Why did Walt Disney World retire Talking Mickey?

Yes, they did for a while but he went silent again a couple of years ago.

Not 100% sure why they retired it but some said it was confusing to children as Mickey talked but no other characters did. We enjoyed our visits with Mickey when we could talk to him.

It's amazing how Disney came up with Talking Mickey for Magic Kingdom and I was amazed at how well Mickey's mouth and head moved in sync when he talked. I would like this character if Mickey actually talked to me or said "Hello Dodger how are you today" and it would be really cute. My mother didn't actually believe me when I told her Mickey talked and she thought I was dreaming it until I showed her the video and really was surprised

I heard they retired talking Mickey because it took a lot of cast members to help with the magic. It seemed that since he’s a mouse, he didn’t have a huge vocabulary and said only so many phrases. We enjoyed meeting with talking Mickey several times. It was always magical.

I would like this character if Mickey actually talked to me or said "Hello Dodger how are you today"
That was one of the problems.
Talking Mickey could not say things like that because he was unable to say the names of guests.

I also found out that this Talking Mickey Mouse character was gonna be part of a new series of talking characters that Magic Kingdom was gonna have including a talking Minnie Goofy Donald Duck and Pluto but although they were playtested they never were in the Magic Kingdom

To me why I think the talking version of Mickey Mouse was retired was mainly because it was hard to operate and keep working and had they made more improvements to the Talking Mickey Mouse such as knowing guests names and doing more fun stuff this character still would've made a huge impact on guests as many of them had never ever seen a talking version of Mickey Mouse before. I also learned from researching Youtube why Talking Mickey Mouse retired was because he was prone to breakage and many times if Mickey couldn't work they would use the silent non-talking version of Mickey Mouse. Where in the Magic Kingdom could this talking Mickey Mouse be found? Or did they place him in other parts of Magic Kingdom too as well? Still I long for someday that Disney Parks makes more talking characters like talking MIckey Mouse because it would be very cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter