• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did MINNIE-VANs start today?

FWIW, Lyft announced the start of Minnie Vans to its drivers today via email -- along with several other programs that haven't started yet either. :confused3

Has anyone actually used Minnie Vans yet???

Does anyone know if the Lyft Minnie Vans accept the similar Lyft discounts for first time users? I've heard that regular Lyft is less expensive so why use the Minnie Vans?

Does anyone know if the Lyft Minnie Vans accept the similar Lyft discounts for first time users? I've heard that regular Lyft is less expensive so why use the Minnie Vans?
Don't know about the discounts. We'll have to wait to see on that one.

Lyft may or may not be cheaper, depending on how many there are in your party, your starting point, and your destination. For an apples to apples comparison, you'd have to compare Lyft Plus or UberXL to the Minnie van, because those are the sizes that can carry six passengers. If you need a child seat, you have to choose between Uber and Minnie Van because Lyft doesn't offer child seats. Uber & Lyft fares depend on mileage and time; Minnie Vans are $20 per trip anywhere onsite. So you have to actually run the numbers for your particular ride to get an accurate idea.

If you want two child seats, you need the Minnie Van. Lyft has 0 and Uber has 1 at most (and they are not in all of the cars).

They started but only for guests staying at Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk Resorts.
If you want two child seats, you need the Minnie Van. Lyft has 0 and Uber has 1 at most (and they are not in all of the cars).
And you have to request them at the time you request the car. It's a separate level of service and has an upcharge of $5, I think. Didn't want folks to think that just any Uber requested would have a car seat in it

I've heard that regular Lyft is less expensive so why use the Minnie Vans?
Maybe, maybe not.
We had several Lyft rides from CBR in June that ran $14 with tip (I am a generous tipper for Ride share rides). For standard Lyft (4 passenger)
If you consider that Minnie Van is a Lyft Plus equivalent vehicle and includes tip, $20 is not an outrageous price difference

Does anyone know if the Minnie Van that accommodates an ECV can also seat 6? TIA

What is Disney waiting on to start the minnie vans to all resorts?
Have they even started the testing at BW, YC, and BC yet?

I saw one set of pictures of the "first passengers" in one of the accessible vans, but haven't heard about anyone else using the service. They've apparently positioned the vans around in various locations occasionally to "tease" the service, but I have not heard of any actual rides.

Have they even started the testing at BW, YC, and BC yet?

I saw one set of pictures of the "first passengers" in one of the accessible vans, but haven't heard about anyone else using the service. They've apparently positioned the vans around in various locations occasionally to "tease" the service, but I have not heard of any actual rides.
Yes they have started at BW,BC, and YC.

Yes they have started at BW,BC, and YC.
Thanks. I haven't seen anything but rumors so far.

To those anxiously waiting and hoping...this is going to be a process. It's not going to happen overnight. Be as patient as you can...lol.

No, it seats 4, including the person on the ECV: 1 in front, 2 in the middle row, and the ECV/wheelchair in the back (where there are no seats.)
What I've read is, if the party needing an accessible van is larger than four people, a standard Minnie Van will be provided as well, for the single $20 charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter