Did the Daytona 500 get cancelled due to rain today?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
My mom was gonna see the Daytona 500 but then she learned that it was cancelled due to rain and I'm wondering if they are gonna show it tomorrow? Also what channel is gonna carry the Daytona 500 because Roku Channel was gonna show it for free in their racing section?

My mom was gonna see the Daytona 500 but then she learned that it was cancelled due to rain and I'm wondering if they are gonna show it tomorrow? Also what channel is gonna carry the Daytona 500 because Roku Channel was gonna show it for free in their racing section?

Today at 4:00pm ET on our local FOX channels

Random...but had to get a Jumpstart when Davey Allison died. Had my lights on in remembrance.
Davey Allison? I think I remember that driver because I used to watch NASCAR racing as a teenager and I remember reading about Davey Allison and he was the top driver of NASCAR during the 80's but I cannot remember how he died. Did Davey Allison die in a NASCAR crash during a race? And if I remember correctly there was also Bobby Allison too and was Bobby Davey's brother?

The 500 will start at 4 pm, Xfinity race was supposed to start now (11 am) but now will run after the 500 around 9 pm tonight.

It's gonna be a long night, especially for the drivers who are running both races today.

The 500 will start at 4 pm, Xfinity race was supposed to start now (11 am) but now will run after the 500 around 9 pm tonight.

It's gonna be a long night, especially for the drivers who are running both races today.
No doubt-I think there are 4 drivers doing both.

This is a rare NASCAR event for the top 2 NASCAR divisions to run on the same day and throw in that it is Daytona and NASCAR fans are in for huge day.

Just noticed this thread while working on my NASCAR threads. My grandmother was so upset when Davey Allison died and she lived close enough to hear sometime engines and other noises from the track (it would echo in the hills/mountains area). His brother died the year before in a practice for what the NASCAR Busch race at the Michigan International Speedway. My grandmother used to tell stories/history about the Allison family and loved the "boys" were they were young and watching from the stands.

Who won the Daytona 500 today? I am curious to know. And what celebrities were featured and who sang The National Anthem in the race? I think the Daytona 500 is like the Super Bowl of racing and there's something about it that makes fans very excited to watch

William Byron won, a local choir group sang the anthem (I think, I usually mute it) and The Rock gave the command.

What's the feeling on Byron today? He causes the wreck took out half the field with 9 left and ends up winning the race. I'd be pissed if I was Keslowski or Logano. Both looked very good and I think was going to win it.

Just noticed this thread while working on my NASCAR threads. My grandmother was so upset when Davey Allison died and she lived close enough to hear sometime engines and other noises from the track (it would echo in the hills/mountains area). His brother died the year before in a practice for what the NASCAR Busch race at the Michigan International Speedway. My grandmother used to tell stories/history about the Allison family and loved the "boys" were they were young and watching from the stands.
Did your grandmother get to meet Davey Allison and his brother too? That's a wonderful story you shared NC Belle. My godfather was friends with a race car driver and his friend didn't race in NASCAR but he raced in dirt track races but when he wasn't racing my godfather's friend and his wife owned a gas station and my godfather invited me to meet his friend and my family got tickets to see his friend race and it was my very first ever race and the next day my godfather invited us to meet his friend and he was so nice and I even wrote him a thank you card for inviting our family to his race and it's a nice story

My grandparents used to sit next to them and she kept an eye on the boys a few times when their mother needed help. My grandfather used to visit some racers in a hospital when they were hurt at one of the tracks and kept a notebook of photos and letters. I don't know who has that book after 4 decades. My father tells my husband some stories of family connections and stuff. I missed out on seeing the spring races by a week when we went for Easter and when the races were in July by a week too. My last trip to the area was a week before the race (Grandmother's funeral). My husband was starting to hear NASCAR stories from those who work at the track on race weeks.

So your grandmother used to baby-sit the Allison brothers when they were little? I bet they had loads of fun with your grandmother when she baby-sat for them. And your grandfather used to visit and be friends with race car drivers too? That's very interesting NC Belle. I bet your grandfather got to meet some very famous drivers and I'm curious to know which race car drivers he met? Tell me more about them NC Belle
Dodger

It is so very sad that it took the death of Dale Earnhardt for NASCAR to make Safety THE priority.

Since the death of Earnhardt in 2001 there have been no deaths in NASCAR's top series.

Had the Safer Barriers(Soft Walls),HANS Device,redesigned "cockpits",etc. been around,Clifford Allison would very likely have survived the crash at Michigan,quite possibly walking away from it.

The same for Neil Bonnet and Adam Petty and Kenny Irwin.

And the catastrophic wrecks of Bobby Allison,Ernie Irvan and others would likely not have been as bad.

So tragic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter