• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did the third track at TSM improve wait times?

OchreHand

Mouseketeer
I plan on heading to DHS right after New Years, I'm curious if the wait times at Toy Story Mania improved since the new track opened?

I usually go in January and even during a "less" busy time it's always been a must to use a FP+ for it, unless you wanted to wait over 90 minutes during the middle of the afternoon. Can anyone chime in with their experience?

Yes. Midday, pouring rain last week- still only a 30 minute wait. We were just happy to be indoors! The short-ish wait was a bonus.

Just by looking at wait times since the third track opened, there's been a great difference. Yesterday at 11am it had a 30 min wait. Before the third track, by that time in the day, would have been well over 60 minutes.

We were there this past June and rode 5 times in one day - each time with a 20 minute or less wait. I couldn't believe it! We had our FP for first thing in the morning, but when we got to the ride the wait was only 10 minutes so we got in the stand-by line. Then we did our FP, then one more time SB. After our afternoon break we came back and rode it two more times back to back. My DH was getting a little dizzy so he made us stop!

Absolutely a noticeable improvement! I got to ride in the new line/ track. Fun!
Where is it? We could not figure it out when we were there last week, is it over by where Mr. potato head use to be? Just curious because we went on it 3x and never got to use the new track.

Where is it? We could not figure it out when we were there last week, is it over by where Mr. potato head use to be? Just curious because we went on it 3x and never got to use the new track.

When you get to the split where the cast member chooses stand by line or fast pass line, it's to the left intend of the right up the stairs.

I am excited about it because I have a walker and cannot do stairs - it is another option besides the wheelchair load one.

Seemed about half hour less than usual when I was there 2 weeks ago...several times noticed it was 30 - 40 min standby

We were also able to get additional Fastpasses for this ride late in the day yestersay. After 5:00. We were only at the park from 2:00 until closing and we were able to ride it 3 times.

Tremendously. As others have said, the norm is 30-40 minutes compared to the 120+

Definitely worked well for us this past week, got on the new track once out of 3 times riding it. Once waited 40 minutes (posted wait was 60), the other time just about 10, and third was fastpass.

Overall yes, the other thing that helped a lot is TSMM doesn't close before the fireworks so once people start to head to fantasmic, the line also goes very empty. With that said, afternoons I would expect a 30-45 minute wait but not the 90+minutes it used to be..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter